Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Posting gifts home for x-mas

Posting gifts home for x-mas

Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold
Default Posting gifts home for x-mas

Hi maybe a stupid question, but well, my 20 year old son is back in Scotland, and I would really like to make him up a xmas box to send home for him. ( T-shirts, cd's a few Aussie bits & pieces) Can anyone advise me on the likely cost of postage? I guess this will depend on weight. What do others do?

Many thanks

Donna
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:31 am
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Posting gifts home for x-mas

we have done this for rellies in the uk for the past 2 years now. If i remember correctly, it will cost around $45 for a box weighing 1kg. Not a lot of weight for the money. This year we are transfering money to their account so they can buy each other presents, letting them have the postage money instead so they get more for the money.

hope this helps

Neil
Old Oct 7th 2007, 6:38 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Once we got the Australiana stuff out of the way ($70 worth of package for a couple of kg) we have brought stuff from websites based in the UK.

Not as wonderful as getting something with an Aussie stamp on it I guess but financially more prudent.

Would never trust Marks and Spencer with anything, by the way.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

We sent a smallish parcel home last Christmas, it mainly had Aussie sweets/lollies in it, stickers, pens ect. And it cost $35.00...
Don't think the stuff was worth that much, but it has to be done a couple of times.

we now, just send money...unless we see something very special
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:20 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

UK sea mail last xmas posting date was 28-sep
Old Oct 7th 2007, 4:07 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know when the last air mail posting day is?
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:55 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Does anyone know when the last air mail posting day is?
last posting date for xmas sea mail...
there's a link to an Aus post pdf file in the thread here with all the dates from Sydney

edit hang on that was just sea mail... looking

Last edited by gedge; Oct 7th 2007 at 10:58 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:02 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gedge
last posting date for xmas sea mail...
there's a link to an Aus post pdf file in the thread here with all the dates from Sydney

edit hang on that was just sea mail... looking
can't find a similar doco for airmail on the website sorry
they say 4-5 days but i'd double that at least
Old Oct 7th 2007, 11:21 pm
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

I know it is too late for this year because the last date for sea mail has been and gone but just for comparison for next year.....................

I sent a huge parcel to my eldest daughter and it contained ALL the presents for 2 daughters and their partners and 4 grandchildren, these included toys and books so not just light stuff. It weighed in total 10.6 kg and I paid $92 which I thought was well worth it and the stuff is insured for upt to $30,000.

Have now started Xmas shopping for the UK for next year

Loz x
Old Oct 8th 2007, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for your info guys. I kinda thought It may be better just sending money, but it is nice to receive a parcel. Yeah looks like next year will need to be more organised. cheers

Donna
Old Oct 8th 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Donna&Neil
Thanks for your info guys. I kinda thought It may be better just sending money, but it is nice to receive a parcel. Yeah looks like next year will need to be more organised. cheers

Donna
Sad that I am.........I purchased all the pressies for the family in the UK and posted them in August. Last year they all went by airmail, cost a bloody fortune, this year sent them by sea mail, much, much cheaper!!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 11:36 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

I tend to either put money into their accounts now or order online through UK shops - although I must admit to whittling down (is that how you spell it?) the list for who we buy for now - we've only got a couple of people left on the list thankfully

Thats the reason I put this site together:

Send Gifts to UK Friends and Family

I did send something small across earlier in the year an it cost about $20 so I dont think I'll bother with sending larger things!

Take care

Rach xxxx
Old Oct 9th 2007, 1:50 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I will only send tiny stuff from here. All proper pressies I get from online shops that get sent direct. Hell of a lot cheaper. On the other hand, going by the "pressies" we got last year from family, they're all going to get sod all this year
Old Oct 9th 2007, 10:49 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I will only send tiny stuff from here. All proper pressies I get from online shops that get sent direct. Hell of a lot cheaper. On the other hand, going by the "pressies" we got last year from family, they're all going to get sod all this year
Old Oct 9th 2007, 11:17 am
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
No that feeling well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.