Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Old Jul 30th 2007, 1:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Port douglas, the Adventure!

Originally Posted by Bix
Can you try to get some snaps of the coconuts please Soapy ?

Last year a bloke told me there were some big ones down on 4 mile beach.
yeh he names Mary

awe shit im dead for that
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:00 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
Part 2

Will fill you in as the week goes on.
the highlight will be meeting a few people on here. so look out for photos
a didnae see ye wave as u flew over tut tut a watched awe day too lol
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:19 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
Don't think he's there yet H.

Just look out for a big flying hairy arse.
Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:45 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
you mean i miss yae

a shat oot the windae tae

Old Jul 30th 2007, 3:46 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't think he's there yet H.

Just look out for a big flying hairy arse.
less of the big pal
Old Jul 30th 2007, 11:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Am here waiting on you all. Looking forward to Saturday.

I'll bring a couple of coconuts for you Bix.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy

OMG I shudder to think of whats gonna happen this weekend. Good job its port douglas Bix or you'd never be able to show your face again in Cairns.

Jo
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Vegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud ofVegemite has much to be proud of

Hey cool post, thanks!

To answer your questions:

Its the turn off between Clare and Ayr (duh)1 hour south of Townsville.

it's the Ayr Homehill bridge where you hold your breath going over.

It's the infamous pyramid/alien building near Gordonvale, just south of Carins

Its the muslim building on the southern outskirts of Cairns

Those statues are where?

How'd I go??
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

while im at it, is this an "only in australia" photo?
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...douglas161.jpg
it was handed to me while i was in port douglas.
what will the think of next?

I bought a lighter designed like that a couple of months ago, and I couldn't figure out why the hell it was such a strange design. Its long run out and been chucked out.

Its only when i looked at that photo I thought, Bottle Opener!!! Jeez I can be dumb sometimes

JTL
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn’t a well thought out plan. We had set off without food, but we didn’t forget the coffee (I don’t touch the stuff). The plan thinkerooter (Pauline) decided that it would be best to stop for food, this would keep us alert!
Eating sand in the middle of the night keep you alert alright, picking it from your teeth while driving is great fun. Nothing is open after u leave the sunshine coast after 9pm.
At one point we drove for about 300ks without seeing a light on!
Fuel was getting low and I was starting to panic. We saw loads of signs with the wee petrol in 20ks logo, but they were all closed. :scared:
Petrol light is on now and im shiting myself ! then we saw a sign 24 hour petrol 10k on the left. Yip you guessed it, it was on the right.
But it was petrol !
So I spat out the last grain of sand so I could eat something warm and have a cold drink.
Pauline decided that she would take it from there; I could lie back for a nap. No chance ! its too bloody hard to sleep in the middle of nowhere. Pauline drove for the next 400ks, I slept for about an hour of it.
I felt the car slowing down and woke like I had seen a ghost!
Soapy- what are u stopping here for?
Pauline- im shattered, I thought I would stop for a while and rest.
It was in the middle of a fekkin desert!!!! I couldn’t see the wee guy with his banjo, but im sure I could here him. :scared:
Soapy- quick lets get the **** oota here before we get chopped up!
We changed over and I sped off with Pauline still trailing a leg oot her door
Before I knew it we were in Rockhampton (where the speed limit changes every ten seconds
I spot a sign for Yeppoon
Soapy- we could nip in and say hi to biggy on the way past
Pauline- its 4 in the morning ya half wit, she would kill ya.
Remembering biggys reputation, she was right. So I thought better of it.
Pauline takes a turn of driving and I get a good sleep this time.
We passed through Marlborough, then on to McKay. I missed it all through sleep. Pauline told me I didn’t miss much.
I took over till Townsville, by then it had started to get light and we could see a bit more around us. Pauline decide to stop for breakfast, I couldn’t eat I was shattered and after driving so far I couldn’t touch food.
We could now take some photos. Nothing much to see in Townsville though.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...douglas013.jpg

So we decide to take a few pics on the way up. The next cuppa was at Innisfail. We knew they had been hit bad, but to see so much destruction still around was a shock. U cant help but feel for these people!
In saying that we felt that the town looked more affluent than Townsville, and a lot nicer. It had a really nice feel about it. It was busy and if u didn’t see down the side streets u would never have know what had happened there. We didn’t think it was right to take photos though.
In between the towns all we saw was roads

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...douglas003.jpg
Your a prick. How kin you go by Mackay n no cum in and huv a wee cuppa tea or sumhin stronger. :curse:
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:32 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac
Your a prick. How kin you go by Mackay n no cum in and huv a wee cuppa tea or sumhin stronger. :curse:
He blinked.

Besides if they had they would never of made it to PD.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:34 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by joho
OMG I shudder to think of whats gonna happen this weekend. Good job its port douglas Bix or you'd never be able to show your face again in Cairns.

Jo
It was a clever choice don't you think ?

Can't have that rif-raf giving me a bad name in my hometown whereas in PD they'll just think it's aged backpackers
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
He blinked.

Besides if they had they would never of made it to PD.
We could have poured them up to PD
Old Jul 31st 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
It was a clever choice don't you think ?

Can't have that rif-raf giving me a bad name in my hometown whereas in PD they'll just think it's aged backpackers
very matured.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 10:34 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bordy

im here too. i had a couple of beers last night and a great sleep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.