Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Port douglas, the Adventure!

Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:07 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Port douglas, the Adventure!

Well if ye fancy doing it all again last week in July or first in August I'll meet you in the Iron Bar for a pint.

Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:47 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

The brother in law has his own tinny. His favourite place to fish is the Daintree River. If anyone knows of it, it’s only ever described as “croc infested”. A place I have always wanted to fish. Anytime I’ve been for a visit its either been shit weather or he has work commitments.
So I was really looking forward to getting a chance to fish it this time.
Due to work commitments (again), the kids, and the vanilla crop the bottom of the boat had rotted.
So I had to make do with fishing from the shore of 4 mile beach (bastard eh) lol
Stopped at the local shopping centre for some beers, on the way there we bumped into the brother in laws mate Andy. The last time I met Andy was nearly 2 years ago. He has his own micro light business. He treated us (Pauline myself and the kids) to a free fly. This was the same guy we went out for a fish tea with in the port that I mentioned earlier. He was telling us to fish the river (cant rmbr the name) then warned us to watch for crocks. We would be fishing from the bank ffs!!!!! After we left him I told the brother in law that I would rather fish from the beach (for obvious reasons)
Im glad I got my way, fished from this spot marked

didnt catch a thing, but it was just great casting out to the sea for a few hours, beer in hand. Kept my eye open for sharks though!
We arrived home at the back of 12. Andy called to see if I wanted a wee fly (free) how could I resist?
He has a place about 2ks north of Port Douglas on the right. It’s a must if you’re in the area. Here are his details
Andy
ph: (07) 4099 3046 mob: (04)08 189 565
PO Box 75, Port Douglas Australia 4877

Hers a few photos of the flight

The river Andy was trying to get us to fish

The Marina from the air

Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:48 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

There was a film crew in the port that day for some reason. They were filming from this boat
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:52 am
Master of verbal pish©

Hers a few more photos from the air

Nice photo of the port

I love the colours in this photo. Strangely enough, this is where Steve Irwin lost his life. Something I only found out after taking the photo

Last edited by soapy©; Nov 12th 2006 at 11:34 am.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:56 am
Master of verbal pish©

And a few more

This is where Andy wanted us to fish. During the flight he told me that the croc hangs about the bridge (the spot where he said it was good fishing). Do u think he was trying to get rid of me lol
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:01 am
Master of verbal pish©

I’m sure this is off a wheelbarra :scared:

This will be on my wall very soon

Last photo
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:04 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Bordy
Well if ye fancy doing it all again last week in July or first in August I'll meet you in the Iron Bar for a pint.

first week in august?
u can buy me a beer for my birthday
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:05 am
visa holder

mark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond reputemark 'n' joe has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos, cant wait for the next installment.

Joex
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:08 am
Master of verbal pish©

I must point out (because someone has toed me up the arse for it) lol
That I only passed through the towns I have mentioned and shouldn’t really comment on them.
We stopped for a big mac in Townsville on the way back and apart from the two heeded people it seemed really nice lmao
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:11 am
Master of verbal pish©

Next post I will give you my idea of Port Douglas
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:27 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Hels Bells
And who said you were an old fuddy duddy and wouldnt do anything spontaneously??

Looking forward to the rest of the story....when you can put your down
still on the beer mate, hope u enjoyed the reast
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:28 am
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by JohnandMichelle
You know, Buddy, you're wasted in that taxi cab - you should be writing novels and making a packet - you could be the next Ben Elton...... Michelle x
who
Old Nov 12th 2006, 10:47 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Lovely story Soapy!!!!!
well, thank you
Old Nov 12th 2006, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

They were fabulous photos

Thanks for sharing it all with us, i really enjoyed it
Old Nov 13th 2006, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.