Ponderable Thoughts

Old Jan 20th 2012, 2:53 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ponderable Thoughts

Listening to the lyrics of a certain song on the way to work this morning gave me cause to ponder. Am I the only one that doesn't know what he's talking about when he says:
And I could say Oo oo oo
As if everybody knows
What I'm talking about
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:04 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ponderable Thoughts

Originally Posted by cresta57
Listening to the lyrics of a certain song on the way to work this morning gave me cause to ponder. Am I the only one that doesn't know what he's talking about when he says:
And I could say Oo oo oo
As if everybody knows
What I'm talking about
Yeah, he's talking about diamonds on the soles of his shoes.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:07 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Yeah, he's talking about diamonds on the soles of his shoes.
What does that mean?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:10 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What does that mean?
He's been walking through a diamond mine?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

What does that mean?
I don't know, but now I've got that song stuck in my head. Thanks!
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I don't know, but now I've got that song stuck in my head. Thanks!
Your welcome, it's been going around in mine since 05.30
Old Jan 20th 2012, 3:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

And I could say Oo oo oo
As if everybody knows
What I'm talking about

Isn't he being ironic, in an 'emperor's new clothes' sort of way? Saying "oo oo oo" in such a way that "everybody knows what I'm talking about", when it's patently obvious everybody doesn't?

Last edited by spartacus; Jan 20th 2012 at 4:08 am.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Isn't he being ironic, in an 'emperor's new clothes' sort of way? Saying "oo oo oo" in such a way that "everybody knows what I'm talking about", when it's patently everybody doesn't?
I asked my daughter, she's only in her 20's so she still knows everything. She said I should Google the meaning of the song. Where's the fun in that? I didn't realise that there were people out there that take song lyrics so seriously.
General web consensus appears to be that it's a song about a rich woman abandoning her rich lifestyle to live with a poor bloke hiding the rich tapestry of her life under the soles of her shoes. ffs
I wish I'd never asked now

So ponder this next one:
If pigs overexert themselves can they pull a hamstring?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I asked my daughter, she's only in her 20's so she still knows everything. She said I should Google the meaning of the song. Where's the fun in that? I didn't realise that there were people out there that take song lyrics so seriously.
General web consensus appears to be that it's a song about a rich woman abandoning her rich lifestyle to live with a poor bloke hiding the rich tapestry of her life under the soles of her shoes. ffs
I wish I'd never asked now

So ponder this next one:
If pigs overexert themselves can they pull a hamstring?
I'll get your coat . . .
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:20 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Here... I have a question.

I have a cast on one leg...

so I was wondering if I weighed myself on the scale, whether the scale would be accurate if I was standing on one leg...
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:39 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom

so I was wondering if I weighed myself on the scale, whether the scale would be accurate if I was standing on one leg...
No one? Out of the 122 people who have looked at the thread?

No physics experts out there?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 4:56 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of scale is it?

Those analoguey dially type ones are great, you can lean over to one side and weigh at least a kilo less than you should.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 5:47 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

No one? Out of the 122 people who have looked at the thread?

No physics experts out there?
IIRC they use a strain guage. Therefore provided your weight is even distributed (eg one foot in the middle, CoG over the foot) then it should be approximately accurate, taking into account the mass of the cast.
Old Jan 20th 2012, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Those analoguey dially type ones are great, you can lean over to one side and weigh at least a kilo less than you should.
What's the point unless you can get 10 kilos off?
Old Jan 20th 2012, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dreamy

Damn! I bought the wrong ones

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
What's the point unless you can get 10 kilos off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.