Polly Petition!

Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:58 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Polly Petition!

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Not for long,permanant ban on it's way cause i spoke the truth but contact me on facebook
Course I will - I is a mad stalker
Old Feb 16th 2010, 1:59 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Course I will - I is a mad stalker
He's used to them
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:40 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Please Don't Go-you love this forum. It has been a large part of your life ever since I have known you.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Please Don't Go-you love this forum. It has been a large part of your life ever since I have known you.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe it's bee too large a part of Polly's life? And I say that as somebody who ran a busy forum for 6 years and knows it can get to be the case and take over.

I'm not posting on both Polly threads, I think one is enough. Polly knows I rate her but I have to be honest and agree with somebody (Jond?) on the other thread, I think there's a little gang of happy QLDers who have taken over, they've bonded and they're having fun, which is great, but they tend to forget that this is not their personal domain.

It's getting boring.

Pol - of late you have been a One Woman Bernie Fan Club and you won't let anybody criticise him, which is not what moderating is about. You need to remain impartial and not jump in every time his name is mentioned. He's small in stature but big in personality, he can handle himself. He's also deliberately provocative so, if other mods have a go at him, they may well be justified.

I'm trying not to be too personal here but I also worry about the fact that he's leaving. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, Polly.

Well there you go, I finally spoke up and have openly criticised a beloved mod. Apart from being on half the forum's shitlist, is that me now banned?
Old Feb 16th 2010, 7:24 am
BE Enthusiast

odyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to beholdodyssey is a splendid one to behold

I think one is enough. Polly knows I rate her but I have to be honest and agree with somebody (Jond?) on the other thread, I think there's a little gang of happy QLDers who have taken over, they've bonded and they're having fun, which is great, but they tend to forget that this is not their personal domain.

For this part, I discussed this topic with my dear friend just the other day and wondered if that indeed were true. I think its kept in the barbie a lot of it, I know I am involved in a lot of these discussions.

I can see how it would be annoying, if you were not part of it and didn't want to join in. I try to only comment in a couple of threads and then only inside the barbie and to leave some threads be and offer general comment on some. When I came along, I just sort of commented on everything and soon I knew everyone but we all have a different sense of humour so wont want to get on with the same people.

Annoyance with us though, shouldn't equate to annoyance with Polly who I dont think gets very involved. I know her and Bernie are friends but I didnt think she supports him unduly, in fact I thought she did a rather good job of closing or commenting to slow it down. She has just got caught in the cross fire I think which is a pity as I dont think she deserves it. Also I think other people also view the forum as their personal domain - there are a lot of conflicting rule applications but again that is human nature.

I am not sure what the answer to this is, when its an open forum and people post regularly and know each other. maybe the other suggestion of new rules for the barbie. I dont think people should be stifled and some people can be extremely caustic but also it has to be a place for everyone to be able to post. The Australia post is the place for questions I guess, and the Barbie for offline chatter.

Its really good for the site to have such a large group of regular posters but maybe we all have to try to leave room for each other.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:11 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by odyssey
I think one is enough. Polly knows I rate her but I have to be honest and agree with somebody (Jond?) on the other thread, I think there's a little gang of happy QLDers who have taken over, they've bonded and they're having fun, which is great, but they tend to forget that this is not their personal domain.

For this part, I discussed this topic with my dear friend just the other day and wondered if that indeed were true. I think its kept in the barbie a lot of it, I know I am involved in a lot of these discussions.

I can see how it would be annoying, if you were not part of it and didn't want to join in. I try to only comment in a couple of threads and then only inside the barbie and to leave some threads be and offer general comment on some. When I came along, I just sort of commented on everything and soon I knew everyone but we all have a different sense of humour so wont want to get on with the same people.

Annoyance with us though, shouldn't equate to annoyance with Polly who I dont think gets very involved. I know her and Bernie are friends but I didnt think she supports him unduly, in fact I thought she did a rather good job of closing or commenting to slow it down. She has just got caught in the cross fire I think which is a pity as I dont think she deserves it. Also I think other people also view the forum as their personal domain - there are a lot of conflicting rule applications but again that is human nature.

I am not sure what the answer to this is, when its an open forum and people post regularly and know each other. maybe the other suggestion of new rules for the barbie. I dont think people should be stifled and some people can be extremely caustic but also it has to be a place for everyone to be able to post. The Australia post is the place for questions I guess, and the Barbie for offline chatter.

Its really good for the site to have such a large group of regular posters but maybe we all have to try to leave room for each other.
I used to feel the same about the QLD posters but got over it, just because I don't like them doesn't mean they don't have the right to do what the hell they like, it is an open forum. However, I still get mightily peeved when they do it on other peoples threads about serious stuff. It isn't fair on the OP. If they want to be crude and disgusting by all means do it on their own threads but please don't hijack others.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:14 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

I'll add my name to the petition.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:37 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks SC, very flattering having a petition run for me

I'm going to close the thread now though because I don't want the subject to become the focus of the Barbie. Whether Sue accepts my resignation or not remains to be seen..........in the meantime let's all try and move on