Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PMSL - Property Prices - The Block

Originally Posted by Bix
She's the twin brother of Brenda.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:36 pm
Account Closed

What the hell was that engagement stunt by Josh and Jenna! didnt help their sale
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:39 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
but surely people can no longer deny there is a downturn on the property market.
Yeah, no-one denies the prices fluctuate Mags and they are dropping in some parts of Aus.

The point of issue is that these guys have continued to forecast disaster and doom and gloom scenarios year after year with falls of up to 50%.

How often have they got it right? Zilch.

If there is such a thing as the law of averages they may get it right one day.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bix
Yeah, no-one denies the prices fluctuate Mags and they are dropping in some parts of Aus.

The point of issue is that these guys have continued to forecast disaster and doom and gloom scenarios year after year with falls of up to 50%.

If there is such a thing as the law of averages they may get it right one day.
am working with quite a few peeps who are in complete denial about any drop. Och let them have their fun, they arent the only peeps on here who are prone to exaggeration
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:53 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Am sure the rest will sell, for, or just under the reserve and channel 9 will get their profit. Buyers may have shied away due to publicity, thinking they would be really up against it.
I seriously doubt there will be any profit from the houses themselves. They'd have to average more than a $1m per house before they even break even. The reserves are down in the 800s.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:55 pm
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

What the hell was that engagement stunt by Josh and Jenna! didnt help their sale
The charity cheque was a flop as well.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix

That would be due to government intervention in the market. There doesn't even need to be a face value crash just stagnant house prices or growth below the rate of inflation for a few years and hey presto with hind sight the correction will have happened.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 5:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Another bitter non home owner wanting to see the market crash so they can become a home owner
Old Aug 21st 2011, 8:57 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And contributing shedloads to the forum in the meantime......
Aye
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

ozrover is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
And contributing shedloads to the forum in the meantime......
WOW 1st post in over a year and it made it to a multi page thread, (I'll have to come again) - Sorry I won't have time to contribute "shedloads" but hopefully now I may have some "aussy" experience that can assist someone out thereā€¦. Thanks for the kind words, it is always nice to receive a warm welcome from super moderators.
Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Another bitter non home owner wanting to see the market crash so they can become a home owner
Nothing Like incorrect assumption to cause a counter post!!
Yes, renting. But a home owner (2 actually, although 1 is still floundering in the UK market) (just sorting the plans for the 2nd makeover) Neither of which are a millstone, I have been fairly fortunate, work has paid well and I like where I live. More so the post is from a concerned parent, with kids just embarking on a life with the mortgage millstone. I did not say that the market will crash, I said Australia needs a good crash! (Tell the guys in Bluescope steel that everything is booming in the resource industry).

Bitter? perhaps. It does read that way, but that may be my age. Jealous? I think not. - Who actually profits from high house prices? The owner - only if you sell and live in a tent!
It is the agents, the banks and the government (oh and builders considering the costing for my house - but at least they work for it and take on some risk). What are the positives that high house prices bring to the normal family - mortgage rate and debt stress, a smaller car, no boat, less holidays, less time surfing? Oh the joys!

Why are housing fee's percentage based? Most wage increases are based on inflation but those that profit from housing have had rises surpassing Inflation for many years, the fees remain unchanged - If you are sitting in a $850,000 house have you made money? - will the government, sales agent and bank make money? I think they will make more than you - (What ever happened to the mortgage & debt to salary ratio of 3:1). ALL IMHO - Life is for Living.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love a massive housing crash actually. It would be fantastic for my chances of buying a house.

I'd also like to see a massive crash in these types of tv shows. Especially when the contestants get the reality blow at the end that they were being done by the producers.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
I'd love a massive housing crash actually. It would be fantastic for my chances of buying a house.

I'd also like to see a massive crash in these types of tv shows. Especially when the contestants get the reality blow at the end that they were being done by the producers.
Yep. I love it when people get ****ed over on reality tv.
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Yep. I love it when people get ****ed over on reality tv.
I love it when people get banned for trolling
Old Aug 23rd 2011, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

All properties have now been sold:

http://www.theage.com.au/entertainme...824-1j9g1.html
Old Aug 24th 2011, 12:47 am
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Heard on the radio this morning that apparently the camera's and whole hoo-haa was putting people off the original auction. The all sold now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.