PM messages

Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: PM messages

Originally Posted by Bix
Amen to that Stan.

Maybe the same people hit us both.
I know you give my name out sometimes and I do the same of yours.

One such person actually ended up going to a different part of Aus. I have no problem with that decision but after months of PMs you would have thought a little one to mention it would have been in order.

.....and I shall tell Ang what you said about her

Busted!!! Yes, I do give yours and Da Bosses name out for extra info when I am approached, as I feel it gives the person asking questions, a more balanced view point than just what I tell them. Hope you don't mind - obviously not, as you give out my name too!

Yep, agree again, when a person is wholeheartedly set on Cairns and pumps you for info for months (which is fine - I wish we had someone "insitu" to give us info before we arrived) and then they don't settle in Cairns afterall, its a bit of a bummer - in the respect that one more PM would not have hurt to let us know... At the end of the day, its a major move and last minute decisions/changes of heart/work stuff/family stuff etc all come into play - I would not like to put anyone off approaching me for help via PM as I am always happy to help where I can...Although I can imagine after asking for several months info, and them changing their minds they might feel embarrassed or whatever...

Ang is a good girl! Don't mind what you tell her!!!

Piss: When are we all going to get together for a barbie? Probably about time...

Last edited by steandleigh; Jan 12th 2007 at 11:07 am.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:06 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
A non BE perv year.

Destined to failure but I thought it would last longer than this
You can't resist mate...so no good trying
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:19 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

gosh!
there is soooo much etiquette on this forum
what with karma do's and don'ts and not splashing it about too much
and now trading it!!! and rankings (which i know nothing about)
then theres how or what to post - and hi-jacking threads for idle chit chat
and some peoples view of the over use of smilies (guilty)
and now PMs
maybe we should give all newbies a hand book
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:24 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by thewoodz
gosh!
there is soooo much etiquette on this forum
what with karma do's and don'ts and not splashing it about too much
and now trading it!!! and rankings (which i know nothing about)
then theres how or what to post - and hi-jacking threads for idle chit chat
and some peoples view of the over use of smilies (guilty)
and now PMs
maybe we should give all newbies a hand book
There is...I'm sure they will be guided to Forum Rules if they overstep the mark ...mind you, I never have been

I never use smilies :scared:
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Some ettiquette is commonsense though just like in real life - if someone does you a good turn, don't you say "Thank you"?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Hope you don't mind - obviously not, as you give out my name too!

Piss: When are we all going to get together for a barbie? Probably about time...
Don't mind at all Stan.

And yes, I think it is about time too.

Either a barbie or a pub with a garden type thing.
You ever been down to lake Placid in the daytime ?
Is that any good ?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:36 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

OI Bix. Stop hijacking the thread with idle chat - do you know nothing about forum etiquette?

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix
Don't mind at all Stan.

And yes, I think it is about time too.

Either a barbie or a pub with a garden type thing.
You ever been down to lake Placid in the daytime ?
Is that any good ?
Must be a good year and a half since been down to Lake Placid...took the nippers down there one Sunday...beautiful place...had a picnic, hired a kayak and the four of us kayaked down the lake having a whale of a time (Ste and I saying "we must come here again") and the week after - CAN YOU REMEMBER? - front page of the Cairns post - boy gets his face bitten by croc at Lake Placid...:scared: (So there were Ste and I thinking: "phew! thats was close, when we were doing the Hawaii Five-O down the lake, with a 6 year old and a 4 year old...)

Turns out the kid was lying about the attack but haven't been there since just 'cos trying out other spots, so yes, Placid is good for us!

Will bring my croc repellant!

Sundays are good for us - maybe next Sunday?
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DagBoy
OI Bix. Stop hijacking the thread with idle chat - do you know nothing about forum etiquette?

Cheers,

DagBoy
Bog off, etiquette boy!
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Bog off, etiquette boy!
You know when a thread has run its course when it turns into a personal conversation.

Forum etiquette rule #57: If you post on a thread when it has turned into a personal conversation between friends, you will be ignored or abused. Feel free to point them to the PM feature. You will be abused for pointing this feature out.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:56 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Must be a good year and a half since been down to Lake Placid...took the nippers down there one Sunday...beautiful place...had a picnic, hired a kayak and the four of us kayaked down the lake having a whale of a time (Ste and I saying "we must come here again") and the week after - CAN YOU REMEMBER? - front page of the Cairns post - boy gets his face bitten by croc at Lake Placid...:scared: (So there were Ste and I thinking: "phew! thats was close, when we were doing the Hawaii Five-O down the lake, with a 6 year old and a 4 year old...)

Turns out the kid was lying about the attack but haven't been there since just 'cos trying out other spots, so yes, Placid is good for us!

Will bring my croc repellant!

Sundays are good for us - maybe next Sunday?
Da Boss has gone bed but I reckon that will be okay.
Send me your number and I'll give you a call over the weekend.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 12:00 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

I'm sorry.
I can't see the etiquette for the trees.

Oh no, that's Woodz isn't it
Old Jan 12th 2007, 1:34 pm
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
I'm sorry.
I can't see the etiquette for the trees.

Oh no, that's Woodz isn't it

doesn't personal abuse come under etiquette rules as well!

but i suppose u would claim it was a spelling mistake and i am too sensitive
Old Jan 13th 2007, 9:33 am
Bix
da Bonehead

I am really sorry Woodzy

I must find that spell checker I've heard so much about
Old Jan 13th 2007, 11:57 am
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

hey don't mind me.....................t'was only my thread

don't know whos worse, those that don't answer PM's or those that highjack threads

i can count at least 5 of you on here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.