Plumbing tools

Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Ian p is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plumbing tools

Hi all,
I'm a plumber moving to Perth early 2013, we are about to get container quotes.
Could anyone please advise what tools in should bring with me.
Do Australian plumbers use the rothenburger blow lamps, what hand tools are useless with the different materials etc.
Is it advisable to take tool box on flight so i hopefully can get work before container arrives .
did anyone air freight there tools out ???
Sorry loads of questions
Thank you

Ian
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: Plumbing tools

hi bud, bring your torch, handy when you dont have access to a oxy set, or if your just blowing a one off joint. pipe slices dont fit here, smaller pipe size, same with your benders, bring the rest, tools cost a bomb here, bring all power tools, same with cordless, dont bother with 110 v, health and safety go spastic if they see anything like that, basicly bring the lot apart from anything pipe size orianted. make sure to give it all a good clean bud, save any costs this end at customs, goodl uck and enjoy the ride . you could airfreight a set of hand tools to get you started, probably wouldnt hurt.

Last edited by johnknight001; Sep 3rd 2012 at 8:42 pm. Reason: missed a bit
Old Sep 3rd 2012, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Thank you John,
Are you a plumber ????
Im looking SOR as rentals seem cheaper , would you knw wht the work prospects there are

Thanks again or your help

Cheers
Ian
Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ian p
Thank you John,
Are you a plumber ????
Im looking SOR as rentals seem cheaper , would you knw wht the work prospects there are

Thanks again or your help

Cheers
Ian
hi bud, im over in qld, not sure on work perth way, a lot of guys seem to do fi/fo work over there, i do see a lot of jobs on seek ect for perth way, i didnt have anything lined up when we got here, i just sorted it when we arrived, there is work if you look hard enough, i got layed of last week on monday and had a new job by tues afternoon. pm if you have any questions and ill give you my email addresse.
Old Sep 4th 2012, 7:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi bud, im over in qld, not sure on work perth way, a lot of guys seem to do fi/fo work over there, i do see a lot of jobs on seek ect for perth way, i didnt have anything lined up when we got here, i just sorted it when we arrived, there is work if you look hard enough, i got layed of last week on monday and had a new job by tues afternoon. pm if you have any questions and ill give you my email addresse.
That would be great ths thanks mate
I'll send you a pm after work today

Cheers

Ian