Plasterers!!

Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

jduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant future
Default Plasterers!!

Hi,

I'm a plasterer (14 yrs exp) from sunny Devon who has applied for 175 Visa back in Oct 2007. I would just like to hear from any other plasterers planning to make the move down under, especially if you are heading to Perth which is our first port of call.
We are still waiting for a case officer so i join the long queue of applicants.
Got a wife and a 4 y/o who are just as keen as me. I cant wait to get the ball rolling over there!! Come on Oz Immi Dept, hurry up!!

Cheers Josh
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

jduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant futurejduncanbrown has a brilliant future
Default Re: Plasterers!!

No plasterers out there then??
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a photo of my favourite plasterers. Its my local and probably the place that i will miss most
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
Plasterers.bmp (632.9 KB, 123 views)
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

karyn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nicekaryn brown is just really nice

Hello Josh, my name is Rod Brown and I`m from Ballycarry,Co. Antrim,Northern Ireland.I also am a Plasterer and since the slump in the building trade over here,my Wife and I have tried to find out more about my trade in Oz.We are thinking of Perth ourselves because its seems to be were the bulk of work would be.But reading this site and alike has put doubts in my head with people saying the grass isn`t always greener.Also we live in a cracking house and surroundings,but I think under the present climate in the housing market we wouldn`t get the proper value if we ever got it sold.But in saying that Oz is still a big pull,but like yourself I want and need more info but struggling to get my questions answered. ROD
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karyn brown
Hello Josh, my name is Rod Brown and I`m from Ballycarry,Co. Antrim,Northern Ireland.I also am a Plasterer and since the slump in the building trade over here,my Wife and I have tried to find out more about my trade in Oz.We are thinking of Perth ourselves because its seems to be were the bulk of work would be.But reading this site and alike has put doubts in my head with people saying the grass isn`t always greener.Also we live in a cracking house and surroundings,but I think under the present climate in the housing market we wouldn`t get the proper value if we ever got it sold.But in saying that Oz is still a big pull,but like yourself I want and need more info but struggling to get my questions answered. ROD
Hi Rod,
Tricky decision I know, houses losing value, shite economic state in the UK around the corner and all that. All I can say, for us it is an experience we really dont want to miss out on. We are not selling the house in the UK and are renting it out when we go over, and plan to rent over there for a while. What questions do you have? I have gone through the whole process off my own back without a migration expert and found in most parts its fairly straight forward. Let me know if you need some guidance with the TRA etc!?
Cheers Josh
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RenShen
Here is a photo of my favourite plasterers. Its my local and probably the place that i will miss most
ha ha love it!! Looks like a good boozer!!
Old Jun 1st 2008, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, its great. Right by a park with a lovely outside seated area. Kids play in the park with regular visits to the sweet shop. We get to spend the odd Saturday/Sunday afternoon having drinks with friends then home for a curry. Feels like you have had a night out without the need for baby sitters!! If you are ever in Hoylake, I can honestly say its a great "local".
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

PLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nicePLASTERERFROMWALES is just really nice

Hello Josh, I am also a plasterer am am hoping to send off my TRA application in the next few weeks. I had a minor setback a while ago in that I was declared bankrupt, I did post about it on here. Not sure where we want to go in Oz but know that we want to go. How did you find the TRA application, where you self-employed? I would be really interested to hear back and maybe ask you a few questions.
All the best.
Old Oct 26th 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Hello PLASTERERFROMWALES,

Sorry for such a massive delay put only just picked up your message!! Still need advice or are you well underway now?
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:52 am
Forum Regular

bev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nicebev1 is just really nice
Thumbs down Re: Plasterers!!

Hi

we moved to Perth about 2 months ago and myhusband has been plastering for about 7 years.

Although when he trained in plastering he learned what the aussies call float and set (wetplastering) most of his work was Boarding and skimming.

We were told theres loads of plastering in Perth but since arriving have learned that 1, theres not that much and 2 its totally different and he wouldn't have the speed required to do wet plastering, so 8 weeks in he's still looking for work.

Also he's phoned after ceiling work which is mainly boarding and filling joints and still no luck there because he hasn't actually done it here before.

Hope this helps

Bev
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

hayjust is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Mr DB,

Just joined this forum - oh about 18mths too late i know haha!!!

Dont panic on the plastering front as we may have work available when you get here!!!

Whats all this about moving to Brissie, friends of ours left Perth to go over there but came back in 3 months as its much nicer here haha!!!

Sorry, incase you hadnt guessed its Hayley & Justin!!
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Ha Ha We cant get rid of you!! Guess you can just sniff us out!! Plymouth folk are all the same no matter where you live now!!
Joined this site as it has a wealth of knowledge just there to be tapped in to.
Perth is still top of the list at the moment, you guys are also a big pull to the area, sorry but its true so expect us tapping you for best places to shop and rent blah blah blah!
How did you find us? I have taken myself off facebook now but Vicki is still on there.

rgds JEV
Old Oct 27th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

hi all have a look back at all my old posts on plastering
Old Jan 8th 2009, 7:48 am
Forum Regular

scor is an unknown quantity at this point

Bev1 - did your husband manage to find work in the end??
Old Jan 8th 2009, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jduncanbrown
Hi,

I'm a plasterer (14 yrs exp) from sunny Devon who has applied for 175 Visa back in Oct 2007. I would just like to hear from any other plasterers planning to make the move down under, especially if you are heading to Perth which is our first port of call.
We are still waiting for a case officer so i join the long queue of applicants.
Got a wife and a 4 y/o who are just as keen as me. I cant wait to get the ball rolling over there!! Come on Oz Immi Dept, hurry up!!

Cheers Josh
Got our Visa now and heading out on or around 10/08/09 to Perth. Any Plasterers out there that need a extra pair of hands let me know!! Nearly there!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.