Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

pissed off with this site

Wikiposts

pissed off with this site

Old May 15th 2010, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pissed off with this site

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Not so much pissed off with it.. just feel I've run my course with it. You can only stomach so many threads about Coleworths vs Asdco
Indeed..but it goes deeper than that.

There's a absolute divison on this site not just between love Australia and like of Australia (yadda yadda) - but in levels of expectation, quality of life, marginalisation - the ability to get on - the rest of it. These are common issues across many people living here whatever their politics.

I have never seen so much [relative] poverty and lack of opportunity/enlightenment, bitterness, you name it. And I'm not talking about how big your McMansion is, or how much dough you bring home, or whether you're staying or leaving!
Old May 15th 2010, 3:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I can... I even went as far as asking for my ID to be deleted last week.

Admin are obviously slacking and have yet to delete it. I only tried logging on to see if it had gone. Once I'm on I can't seem to drag myself away.
Admin have a rule - if someone wants their account deleted, they watch the activity on that account for a couple of weeks first. If the account remains untouched, they'll remove it. Howevere, every time you log in they reset the clock - cos if you are still visiting the site you obviously aren't THAT interested in being deleted
Old May 15th 2010, 3:13 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Not so much pissed off with it.. just feel I've run my course with it. You can only stomach so many threads about Coleworths vs Asdco
Yeh, but ... and I don't wish to point out the obvious ... you don't have to read them.

Think of it as a positive ... "Hey look, people complaining about insignificant stuff, life can't be THAT bad in Oz!"

There are some threads to be worried about ... look out for a rash of these:

"Vegemite Gives You Cancer!"
"Brisbane + Air-Conditioning Proven To Give You AIDS!"
"Queensland Police Decide To Be Extra Petty"
"State Of Origin Cancelled!"
"Flu Season Is Here"

Those are the ones to start worrying about.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Yeh, but ... and I don't wish to point out the obvious ... you don't have to read them.
You're right, I don't have to read them, but if you ignore them all, then there are times when there isn't that much left.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:22 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Admin have a rule - if someone wants their account deleted, they watch the activity on that account for a couple of weeks first. If the account remains untouched, they'll remove it. Howevere, every time you log in they reset the clock - cos if you are still visiting the site you obviously aren't THAT interested in being deleted
OK.. best I reset that clock then.
Old May 15th 2010, 3:25 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

OK.. best I reset that clock then.
Up to you and your willpower!!!
Old May 15th 2010, 3:30 pm
ABCDiamond

Changing your password with your eyes closed helps, until you decide to do the forgot password option

Old May 15th 2010, 4:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we should rename the site Hotel California!
Old May 15th 2010, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Are they not visiting to see if they've been deleted bit like when you poke soemthing to see if it still hurts causing new pain.
Old May 15th 2010, 10:06 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Changing your password with your eyes closed helps, until you decide to do the forgot password option

Originally Posted by pproehann
Are they not visiting to see if they've been deleted bit like when you poke soemthing to see if it still hurts causing new pain.
Don't know, and to be honest I don't care! Its an Admin policy, I'm just passing it on
Old May 15th 2010, 10:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pproehann
Everyone should know by now about the two week period. If they're really 'over it' they would simply do a flounce, delete the bookmark and simply stay away. However most people prefer the flounce and then the peeking to see who gives a shit
Old May 15th 2010, 11:08 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Everyone should know by now about the two week period. If they're really 'over it' they would simply do a flounce, delete the bookmark and simply stay away. However most people prefer the flounce and then the peeking to see who gives a shit
Or ask more than 2 weeks ago but get told by friends on Facebook that they have a shitload of PMs they sent so try to log in to get them only to find that admin didn't bother to disable the account.
Old May 15th 2010, 11:21 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Or ask more than 2 weeks ago but get told by friends on Facebook that they have a shitload of PMs they sent so try to log in to get them only to find that admin didn't bother to disable the account.
Perhaps Admin are human who have lives as well as the rest of us and perhaps forgot?
Old May 15th 2010, 11:37 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You have friends on facebook ? I dont
Old May 15th 2010, 11:47 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Perhaps Admin are human who have lives as well as the rest of us and perhaps forgot?

Bit sarcastic isn't it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.