Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman

Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman

Old Jul 13th 2009, 12:12 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman

I saw this movie in the video shop a while back and was wondering if it's any good. Has anyone seen it? Is it gruesome? Would you recommend it?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pierrepoint: The Last Hangman

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I saw this movie in the video shop a while back and was wondering if it's any good. Has anyone seen it? Is it gruesome? Would you recommend it?
The one with Timothy Spall ?? It's not gruesome as such but it's a very good film and portrays the man quite well I think.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

macy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of lightmacy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
The one with Timothy Spall ?? It's not gruesome as such but it's a very good film and portrays the man quite well I think.

Yes its good, he was a guy who took his role very seriously and tried to be the best at his job, all be it a job many would not want.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 3:50 am
Account Closed

Thanks muchly.

Looks like I'll get it out sometime.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 5:11 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

My father's lifelong hero. I kid you not.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Excellent movie, I watched it because one of my family friends knew him as her uncle Albert while she was a child.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen the movie, but I read a book about him years ago and that was really good.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:04 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Saw this and it was surprisingly superb.

Cooler
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:10 am
Account Closed

I remember reading an article about him when I was in school and he across as a consummate proffessional (despite the grizzly nature of the job). Will definitely get it out soon.

Is it based on true events or have they glammed it up a little?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:52 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading an article about him when I was in school and he across as a consummate proffessional (despite the grizzly nature of the job). Will definitely get it out soon.

Is it based on true events or have they glammed it up a little?
I have read about him before and it's supposed to be as true to life (whoops) as possible. Spall is amazing.

Cooler