Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth to Queensland?

Perth to Queensland?

Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:13 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Question Perth to Queensland?

I have had another set back. Perth now seems unacheivable as I will no longer have the family support there, (long story). I have family in Queensland but never even considered going there before. I have no idea what the area is like or the surrounding suburbs or hospitals so if anyone is going there to work as a nurse or is going there full stop I would appreciate some information on the areas please.
I am taking a giant leap of faith here and I am seriously considering staying here in the UK and going back to University to get more qualifications.
SO it may just turn out to be a long holiday in Australia at the moment as I feel I am having the rug pulled out from under my feet at every turn.
I saw a brilliant job opportunity the other day based in Western Australia working for the Red Cross too that I really fancied doing.
I am keeping my fingers crossed still for Perth but at the moment I can't go to Australia without somewhere to stay for the first month or so to get my self sorted with a job and somewhere to live. So back to the drawing board on this one!
Thanks for your replies in advance xx
Old Mar 10th 2007, 6:55 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Perth to Queensland?

Originally Posted by Rachie241
I have had another set back. Perth now seems unacheivable as I will no longer have the family support there, (long story). I have family in Queensland but never even considered going there before. I have no idea what the area is like or the surrounding suburbs or hospitals so if anyone is going there to work as a nurse or is going there full stop I would appreciate some information on the areas please.
I am taking a giant leap of faith here and I am seriously considering staying here in the UK and going back to University to get more qualifications.
SO it may just turn out to be a long holiday in Australia at the moment as I feel I am having the rug pulled out from under my feet at every turn.
I saw a brilliant job opportunity the other day based in Western Australia working for the Red Cross too that I really fancied doing.
I am keeping my fingers crossed still for Perth but at the moment I can't go to Australia without somewhere to stay for the first month or so to get my self sorted with a job and somewhere to live. So back to the drawing board on this one!
Thanks for your replies in advance xx
Just wanted to say Good Luck in whatever you do, you seem to have had it tough recently - I hope it gets better !

Gillian
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:31 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Just wanted to say Good Luck in whatever you do, you seem to have had it tough recently - I hope it gets better !

Gillian
Blooming tell me about it mate!
Oh well head up stand proud and don't give up on the dream is what I keept telling myself!
Thanks for the words of support though...but if anyone can help with web sites information gathering on QLD would appreciate it
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:33 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Rachie,
Move to Tasmania!!!!(Mainland with the small island up North!!!)
It's a lovely place!!!!
Garyand Vikky
Old Mar 10th 2007, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

hi there i am a nurse moving to queensland in september, fab place lots to do, nice climate (if not a little humid in summer) we are going to brisbane, loads of jobs . Considered perth to begin with but found it very isolated and expensive to buy property, whereas brisbane is very central and more reasonably priced. You never know 5 years from now you may be very thankful that you went to queensland!!!

good luck with whatever you decide

Beth
Old Mar 10th 2007, 2:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

You have always got family here hun.

I thought I had but now I haven't! Yep! Long story. I was moving to Brissy Initially. Had a big row with sister found I couldn't move there. Now I have moved here had another row and ended up with no family here. So in essence you don't need family hun. You can do it, you really can and you wont be on your own cos we'll all be here to guide you.

Where ever you live, I wish you all the best in the world

hugs Lace xx