Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Perth.....1st October - House Not Sold !!!!

Perth.....1st October - House Not Sold !!!!

Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all
Default Perth.....1st October - House Not Sold !!!!

Help !!!

Leaving the UK on 1st October !!

Anybody moved out there without selling their House, Been on the Market 6 Months now, and not a sniff

Reduced it by over £100,000 as Well !!!

We do have enough Funds to get us by for a while, but really neeed the rest of the equity to buy a New Home in Perth....

Just wondering if anybody else has been in the same situation........and if so what did they Do ???

So much looking foerward to the New Life, but really need to Bolt the Door Back in the UK before Leaving !!!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

midwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of lightmidwife2be is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Perth.....1st October - House Not Sold !!!!

House selling is s***e isnt it?! Ours has been on 12 wks, 1 viewer, no offers. Not quite as bad as you but getting there .

I'm interested in the replies to this thread, we may have to go before it sells and want to know how others have got on too!!

Fingers crossed your luck changes
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by bluenico
Help !!!

Anybody moved out there without selling their House, Been on the Market 6 Months now, and not a sniff

We do have enough Funds to get us by for a while, but really neeed the rest of the equity to buy a New Home in Perth....

Just wondering if anybody else has been in the same situation........and if so what did they Do ???

So much looking foerward to the New Life, but really need to Bolt the Door Back in the UK before Leaving !!!
Our friends emigrated to Perth last Oct. They hadn't sold their house either. So they took a bank loan out for 25grand and left for OZ.
They rented when they got here, in the hope that the house would sell before they ran out of money and live off hubby's wage.
They were back in UK mid Jan 07. House never sold and money had run out. The hubby couldn't find work in Perth.
Hopefully this won't be the case for you, but it just goes to show how things can go wrong.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:13 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Our friends emigrated to Perth last Oct. They hadn't sold their house either. So they took a bank loan out for 25grand and left for OZ.
They rented when they got here, in the hope that the house would sell before they ran out of money and live off hubby's wage.
They were back in UK mid Jan 07. House never sold and money had run out. The hubby couldn't find work in Perth.
Hopefully this won't be the case for you, but it just goes to show how things can go wrong.
Bloody hell.

We have been lucky ...our house was up 16 weeks. Had numerous viewers and sold with full asking price Just waiting on our exchange date now
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

bluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to allbluenico is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz

Wow - Now thats cheered me Up !!!

I do actually have work when I get there, as does my Wife, we also have relative who could help us.

As I said I reckon I have enough money for 3 years rent !!! without working, so dont think situation is as bad as your friends.

It is just the thought of leaving your home behind - unsold and empty !! - and waiting for the much needed Funds.

Guess I am getting down about things, but as I said, am looking forward to the Challenge that lies ahead........and hey it is only money !!!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

100k, your a millionaire mannnn
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by on a mission
100k, your a millionaire mannnn
Could have been if the Property Market hadn't come to a Halt !!!

Bloody Interest Rates !!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - Now thats cheered me Up !!!

I do actually have work when I get there, as does my Wife, we also have relative who could help us.

As I said I reckon I have enough money for 3 years rent !!! without working, so dont think situation is as bad as your friends.

It is just the thought of leaving your home behind - unsold and empty !! - and waiting for the much needed Funds.

Guess I am getting down about things, but as I said, am looking forward to the Challenge that lies ahead........and hey it is only money !!!

IMO the housing market is not going to improve before next April. Would you be prepared to rent your house out so it isn't empty? You can remortgage to a Buy to let mortgage - you can get up to 85% of the value. Then leave the house with a rental agency. They charge like a wounded bull but some can provide a maintenance service. The rent should cover some of the mortgage etc costs and leave you with more free income. Plus when the market picks up you may be able to sell your house for the extra £100K you had to knock off the price.

We have thought about doing this if we end up in your situation. Our house has been on the market 3 months. Accepted one offer which fell through due to the neighbour putting in a planning application to demolish his house and replace it with flats! :curse:

This planning application is now hanging over the house so we haven't had any more interest despite reducing the price by £26K. We have decided that we may have to wait until the application is either refused or the flats are built. So we may be in Australia by the time it is all sorted.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your plans. Hope it works out for you.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

on a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud ofon a mission has much to be proud of

Could have been if the Property Market hadn't come to a Halt !!!

Bloody Interest Rates !!
Im letting my out, now mate, been on the market for 2 months, 4 viewings, alot of compettition and people taking the piss and desperate to sell as they need the money to service debts.

will remortgage next and have the uk as an investment property, figure out the market in aus, where i want to live and then buy over there maybe in 18 months.

which stand do you go to Nico, was a kippax lad myself , from the burbs of manchester.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 12:54 pm
Banned

acbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond reputeacbh2 has a reputation beyond repute

We were slightly different as we didn't even try to sell the house but here's what we did.

We got a buy to let mortgage but only for about a third of what the property is worth. We rented out the house, and got an agent, the rent covers both the mortgage and the agent and we still have a bit left over each month which is paid into our bank account and left there.

We have been here 11 weeks and just had an offer accepted on a house here in Queensland. Its not the house of our dreams, but it has 4 beds and a study and huge garden with room for a pool!!! we will live in it for 12 months then sell our UK house (we lived in an area where houses sell within the day, due to great schools).

We will then use the money from our UK house to buy the house of our dreams, (and rent the one we have bought out!! still with me ) and considering a house much smaller than ours just sold for a ridiculous amount we expect to make a killing! If you can afford to live without the income from the sale, rent your house and reap the benefits at a later date.

Good Luck Axx

Last edited by acbh2; Sep 12th 2007 at 1:20 pm.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

This is my line of thinking,

and in 18months or so maybe build one to my spec.

market goosed here now.
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by on a mission
Im letting my out, now mate, been on the market for 2 months, 4 viewings, alot of compettition and people taking the piss and desperate to sell as they need the money to service debts.

will remortgage next and have the uk as an investment property, figure out the market in aus, where i want to live and then buy over there maybe in 18 months.

which stand do you go to Nico, was a kippax lad myself , from the burbs of manchester.
Used to do all the Stands at the Famous Old Ground, Now go to Coms in the Colin Bell Stand !!

Last Game for me (unless i come back for some)- Newcastle Home - 29th Sept !!
Old Sep 12th 2007, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by acbh2
We were slightly different as we didn't even try to sell the house but here's what we did.

We got a buy to let mortgage but only for about a third of what the property is worth. We rented out the house, and got an agent, the rent covers both the mortgage and the agent and we still have a bit left over each month which is paid into our bank account and left there.

We have been here 11 weeks and just had an offer accepted on a house here in Queensland. Its not the house of our dreams, but it has 4 beds and a study and huge garden with room for a pool!!! we will live in it for 12 months then sell our UK house (we lived in an area where houses sell within the day, due to great schools).

We will then use the money from our UK house to buy the house of our dreams, (and rent the one we have bought out!! still with me ) and considering a house much smaller than ours just sold for a ridiculous amount we expect to make a killing! If you can afford to live without the income from the sale, rent your house and reap the benefits at a later date.

Good Luck Axx

Lots of Good advice - I will definately not re-mortgage, Just got rid of 3 of them on other properties - hence being able to afford a year or so over there.

So Yes Renting will be an option If I can get a 6 Month Lease agreed before I go - it will cover majority of the Mortgage at least !

At least the house wont be empty..........Then I could re-assess the Market in 6 Months time !!

Knowing my Luck, I wont get a Tenant though !!........
Old Sep 12th 2007, 5:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

tony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nicetony s is just really nice

Help !!!

we have sold twice, and both times fell thru. we have no jobs,cars etc.so we are going to leave it to sell. only blessing is our buyer still wants it