Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

People who bully learner drivers.

People who bully learner drivers.

Old May 5th 2012, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People who bully learner drivers.

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Down here in VIC where we are, the skill level on roundabouts is the same as the UK.
Perfectly normal for everyone to think all others are idiots on the road. How often have we inadvertently slipped up???

..... some more than others
Old May 5th 2012, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008
Perfectly normal for everyone to think all others are idiots on the road. How often have we inadvertently slipped up???

To be honest, I know full well I am not a professional driver, I'm only a motorist - and yes, I've slipped up a few times, and thought - 'hmmm...lucky that time'.

People who will moan about other people's driving and talk about it in a certain way really irritate. I can live with people stating what the issue is, and why it might be the case, undertaking etc, but people who say things like 'They can't drive, can they?' about many drivers here just sound rather limited, frankly.

I drive a lot more recently and I find the standard overall good - apart from undertaking, and the low limits creating less of a need to observe perfect and relentless lane discipline on highways. In fact, I'm quite lazy myself.
Old May 6th 2012, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RedDragon2008

You have to treat others as if they are idiots/unpredictable if you want to avoid an accident. It doesn't mean they really are, but it makes you slow down and be more aware. Just because they are not indicating, doesn't mean they won't suddenly turn in front of you, having undertaken you, or (as happened yesterday) slow down and randomly speed up in a residential area, pull over to the kerb and then away again right in front of you. If I hadn't given them a bit of space, and NOT tried to overtake, like the person behind me did, then I would have been sideswiped like he was.
Old May 6th 2012, 1:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

You cant control how other people drive but you can control how you react to it. Just because someone else is being a dickhead on the roads, it doesnt mean you have to be.

If P Plater or learner driver is pissing you off, lead by example - a good one but driving like a twatage to prove a point makes you no better than they are, only they are learners and inexperienced and you (as an experienced driver) should know better.
Old May 6th 2012, 1:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
You cant control how other people drive but you can control how you react to it. Just because someone else is being a dickhead on the roads, it doesnt mean you have to be.

If P Plater or learner driver is pissing you off, lead by example - a good one but driving like a twatage to prove a point makes you no better than they are, only they are learners and inexperienced and you (as an experienced driver) should know better.
Good post.
Old May 6th 2012, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

That's pretty much how it can only work. To borrow a flying analogy :some of those P platers start with a bag of luck and an empty bag of experience...they have to fill the bag of experience before they empty the bag of luck..(and grow up).
Old May 6th 2012, 5:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you are joking?

A bully is a bully - no matter who it is, or what their status is as a driver and at the end of the day, a driver that bullies others is a twat.

Cause me to have an accident by their stupidity/actions, I would move heaven and earth and my entire stomach contents if I had to, in order to make the other driver pay - handsomely and with his home if I had to.

And if they did it to my husband, my god then they really would need the help of Jesus Christ himself. Why people cant drive with courtesy obey the laws of the road - is totally beyond me.
I was joking - although I've done it when I was younger.
Old May 6th 2012, 6:56 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I was joking - although I've done it when I was younger.
Naughty boy, I shall bite your biltong for that!
Old May 7th 2012, 4:03 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Grayling
You have little choice when the little shits are 3 ft from your rear bumper at 110 Kph
I turned the rear view mirror so it no longer gives me a view of the back soon after I got here. What I need to see can be viewed in the side mirrors but filters 99% of the monkeys out. Since then I couldn't give a shit how close they are. Had a copper comment on it once and I said to him, you guys start making an effort to stop tailgating and I'll start using the mirror... He didn't have a response to that one.
Old May 8th 2012, 7:03 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Now I dont care whether some think this is surprising or expected or whatever but because I am in the UK and have already covered a few 1000 miles I can say with 100% certainty that the overall general standard of driving here is WAY higher than in Australia, Im sorry if that upsets people or doesnt fit their own agenda but it is very obvious once you start driving here. You get onto a motorway and it immediately hits you that people know what lanes are for, the one on the left is for driving slowly and the one on the right is for driving fast. Trucks stay left and pull in straight after overtaking.
Does that mean all drivers are better here ? No, not by any means. I have witnessed a few stupid things but GENERALLY drivers here are courteous and seemingly better trained.
Old May 8th 2012, 7:09 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
Im sorry if that upsets people or doesnt fit their own agenda
But it fits in with your agenda
Old May 8th 2012, 7:10 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no problem with you having that opinion and can't argue with what you see, feel, experience etc, but I have to say, in all my years of driving in the UK, I have never seen trucks staying in the left lane. From my experience only, obviously, cars tailgate here, lorries tailgate there in the 'fast' lane, generally with lights flashing as though they have the right to tell me to get out of the way even if I was driving at 70+.

Also, don't want to appear picky but all cars in all lanes 'should' be doing the same speed. Just saying....
Old May 8th 2012, 7:14 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
But it fits in with your agenda
Old May 8th 2012, 7:17 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by chris955
Great to see that you admit it.

Well done.
Old May 8th 2012, 7:17 pm
Banned

I dont get that, they SHOULD all the do the same maximum speed but I dont think there is a law that says everyone must drive at the maximum ?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20

Also, don't want to appear picky but all cars in all lanes 'should' be doing the same speed. Just saying....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.