Pension From the UK

Old Jul 22nd 2009, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice
Default Pension From the UK

I wonder if anyone can advise me. I have applied for my pension.. was 60 on the 20th June .. I was told I will get my pension. I filled in all the forms but I have heard nothing . I have emailed them.. I phoned but that was within the month afrter my birthday so they says I will get it .
So far I have emailed them only to get a stupid automatic .. we will reply in 10 days.. they never do..
What do I do?
Do I phone them.. write?? I just do not know.. so anyone help me ?
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:09 am
Forum Regular

mi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant futuremi5agent has a brilliant future
Default Re: Pension From the UK

Originally Posted by bluebird121
I wonder if anyone can advise me. I have applied for my pension.. was 60 on the 20th June .. I was told I will get my pension. I filled in all the forms but I have heard nothing . I have emailed them.. I phoned but that was within the month afrter my birthday so they says I will get it .
So far I have emailed them only to get a stupid automatic .. we will reply in 10 days.. they never do..
What do I do?
Do I phone them.. write?? I just do not know.. so anyone help me ?
Hi,

I asked this same question a while ago... below is a copy of a post that I think explains what you need to do.

I applied 6 months before my 65th birthday, after contacting the UK pensions office, they sent me the forms to fill in, I then got a letter telling me how much I would be paid each month, starting from my 65th birthday, it gets paid directly into my Australian bank account.
I only worked in the Uk for 12 years before coming here, so I only get a small percentage of the full pension, I could have paid my stamps or whatever up to 65 and received a full pension, but rejected that offer being a tight Yorkshireman, I wish I hadn't now, as Aussie pensions are means tested, so I can't get one at the moment or even the pensioner discounts etc, because our assetts are above the threshold, due to my wife taking voluntary retirement and getting paid all her long service leave, sickies etc, which turned out to be 18 months wages, so we now have to be self funded until we meet the criteria.

Hope that helps.

TTFN
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

bluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nicebluebird121 is just really nice

Thanks so much for your reply . I have filled in all the paper work and my pension is not a problem.. I will get one .. just a question of when .. I know it is in arrears.. but I will give them until Friday then I will have to phone and ask where it is .. they have all my bank details.. etc.. infact the laugh is that they says to me if I had my divorce through I would get more money.. When I wonder.. next Christmas?
Old Jul 25th 2009, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Llewellyn is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently started getting my UK pension. I had to pay money to qualify as I hadn't accrued enough working time in the UK. The whole process took over nine months from when I first applied, and they did manage to mislay some of the forms I sent them so I had to send them again. My advice is to always phone and ask for a progress report and be very polite. After all the person you talk to isn't responsible for any delays. My wife, who had already qualified for a part-pension now actually gets more (indeed more than me!) because I am now receiving the pension.

I presume you are aware that because you live in a Commonwealth country your pension rate is frozen at whatever rate it is when you start getting it? That doesn't apply to non-Commonwealth countries and is a very sore point with ex-pats but the UK government refuse to do anything about it.
Old Jul 26th 2009, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for the reply. I will just phone them on Monday and ask.. politely when I can expect it .
I did not know the pension would be frozen though. Oh well If I run out of money here I can just go back to the Uk and blag off them.. sorry being sarcastic.but I am saving the money by being out here.. otherwise I would be claming free bus pass and top up on my pension..lol