Pen Pals

Old Nov 11th 2011, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pen Pals

Bit of an antiquated concept .... Updated by using email... Do you have peNpals? people you write to regularly even tho you have never met... People who you see their name pop up on your hotmail inbox and you're pleased to see them, And share a bit of your life with???

i like "letter writing" and enjoy getting mail... Sometimes we go back to snail mail... Always exchange birthday/ christmas cards... One lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere in the deep south of the usa.... One lives in a massive city in china I'd never heard of before.... I write to penpals in Europe too.. A couple started as improving written language skills... And I noticed today one has been going 30 years... And we have never met!!!!

People who you may never meet... But you feel you know as well as close friends because you've been writing for years, first via pen and paper? then emails...????

Does ANYONE do this nowadays????? Or is it just too Blue Peter?

Apart from me?
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pen Pals

Originally Posted by eddie007
Bit of an antiquated concept .... Updated by using email... Do you have peNpals? people you write to regularly even tho you have never met... People who you see their name pop up on your hotmail inbox and you're pleased to see them, And share a bit of your life with???

i like "letter writing" and enjoy getting mail... Sometimes we go back to snail mail... Always exchange birthday/ christmas cards... One lives on a farm in the middle of nowhere in the deep south of the usa.... One lives in a massive city in china I'd never heard of before.... I write to penpals in Europe too.. A couple started as improving written language skills... And I noticed today one has been going 30 years... And we have never met!!!!

People who you may never meet... But you feel you know as well as close friends because you've been writing for years, first via pen and paper? then emails...????

Does ANYONE do this nowadays????? Or is it just too Blue Peter?

Apart from me?
My neice (aged 38) has a Scottish pen pal that she's had since they were about 8 years old. When Lisa (my neice) got married in July her pen pal surprised her by travelling to Canada for the wedding where they met for the first time.

I like writing letters too. I used to write to my sister all the time, but now we find it easier just to email. I kind of wish we would go back to snail mail since I love going to the mailbox and finding a letter there. I still have love letters an old boyfriend sent me nearly 30 years ago when he was working away.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
My neice (aged 38) has a Scottish pen pal that she's had since they were about 8 years old. When Lisa (my neice) got married in July her pen pal surprised her by travelling to Canada for the wedding where they met for the first time.

I like writing letters too. I used to write to my sister all the time, but now we find it easier just to email. I kind of wish we would go back to snail mail since I love going to the mailbox and finding a letter there. I still have love letters an old boyfriend sent me nearly 30 years ago when he was working away.
I still have letters from my first boyfriend who went off to uni and i didnt wait for him

I might include them in my book... They're an interesting study of two teens growing apart....and falling out of love... We're still good mates and stay in touch ....
Old Nov 11th 2011, 5:28 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
I still have letters from my first boyfriend who went off to uni and i didnt wait for him

I might include them in my book... They're an interesting study of two teens growing apart....and falling out of love... We're still good mates and stay in touch ....
I'm still in touch with my first boyfriend from when I was 14. It's the same thing as you...teens who fell in love, had a couple of years together and fell out of love. He's happily married to the girl he left me for all those years ago and has 4 kids with her. They've just become grandparents for the first time.