Paul Weller

Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:00 am
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Paul Weller

Originally Posted by irishbloo
My husband went to see him last night in Perth and said he was awesome.
He`s not the only one to think that,hope he plays most of that set tomorrow night!
http://paulweller.forums.umusic.co.uk/t/884.aspx
Old Aug 14th 2008, 11:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so devastated I've missed him. The man is superb. Last time I saw him was Pheonix festival when I was 38 1/2 weeks pregnant with my daughter
Old Aug 17th 2008, 1:32 pm
Forum Regular

ian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura aboutian_s has a spectacular aura about

Just like to say that I saw the main man in Adelaide on Friday night and he was absolutely awesome. Saw him twice in the last couple of years in the UK. Thebarton Theatre is small, so provided a great atmosphere which is much better than some of the bigger gigs I've been too, football stadiums etc.
If you're going, enjoy. By the way there was no official merchandising but there was cheap and cheerful Jam stuff.

Ian.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Saw him in Melbourne tonight - absolutely outstanding. Fantastic. I grew up a bit of a mod but too young to see The Jam or Style Council in their peak and never thought I'd get the chance. That's Entertainment, A Town Called Malice and Pebbles on a Beach - superb.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

ozdreamer will become famous soon enoughozdreamer will become famous soon enough

We saw him in Melbourne last night - truly amazing is all I can say.....still buzzing 8 hours later
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:01 am
Just Joined

Jono_4 will become famous soon enough

Yep me and she who must be obeyed went and saw him at the Forum last night. Never seen him before but love his stuff and Jam never really got into the Style Council though. He was amazing and his drummer was really good and a top night all round.

Had to have a chuckle though, at one point the audience was a bit flat to which PW said ' Is it cos its Sunday or are you not enjoying it or maybe you can't understand me?' It's my second gig at the Forum as I too saw the Stereo's there and I must admit I know what PW was on about. Aussie crowds don't really show if there enjoying themselves they just stand or sit there. If that gig was back in London it would have been mad!!

Well worth going to see him though if you can while he is down here!
Old Aug 20th 2008, 11:34 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

We've got tickets for next Tuesday
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:24 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, we were there too and we heard him say that. I thought he was a bit arsey with the crowd when they were shouting out requests. BUT - arsey or not, he WAS good. All that angry scowling and he's still got the original mod swagger,hasn't he.LOVIN IT.
Would even go back next Tuesday night to see him again.
Have just booked to see Supergrass in October instead!

*pearly*

Originally Posted by Jono_4
Yep me and she who must be obeyed went and saw him at the Forum last night. Never seen him before but love his stuff and Jam never really got into the Style Council though. He was amazing and his drummer was really good and a top night all round.

Had to have a chuckle though, at one point the audience was a bit flat to which PW said ' Is it cos its Sunday or are you not enjoying it or maybe you can't understand me?' It's my second gig at the Forum as I too saw the Stereo's there and I must admit I know what PW was on about. Aussie crowds don't really show if there enjoying themselves they just stand or sit there. If that gig was back in London it would have been mad!!

Well worth going to see him though if you can while he is down here!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

graniteman will become famous soon enough

he will be on TripleJ on Sunday night.

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/kingsmill/

Andy
Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Finally saw him (again)at the Tivoli last night
FANDABBYDOZY!!
Old Aug 26th 2008, 9:33 am
High in the Dandenongs

Well he cancelled tonight In Melly and has rearranged for thursday. I had altered my late night from tonight to thursday, so we can't go
Old Aug 26th 2008, 10:32 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

We were supposed to go on Sunday, but he cancelled through sickness, supposed to go tonight but hubby away so had to cancel....well pissed off because don't think he will be out here for a while!!

Suzanne
Old Aug 26th 2008, 12:49 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by svinnes
We were supposed to go on Sunday, but he cancelled through sickness, supposed to go tonight but hubby away so had to cancel....well pissed off because don't think he will be out here for a while!!

Suzanne
Friends of ours went to the concert here in Perth the thought it was crap said there was no atmosphere so you probably didnt miss much.

When we seen him at crathes castle the atmosphere was brillant suppose it depends on the crowd.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:54 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
Friends of ours went to the concert here in Perth the thought it was crap said there was no atmosphere so you probably didnt miss much.

When we seen him at crathes castle the atmosphere was brillant suppose it depends on the crowd.
There was loads of atmosphere on the floor....they must have been sitting, never figured why people book those tickets...