Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Pathetic really but winding me up anyway

Pathetic really but winding me up anyway

Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:11 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pathetic really but winding me up anyway

Have had a lump (ganglion) on my finger for about 4 years, and it started getting bigger this year, and was affecting my movement, and starting to lose some feeling in my finger.
I've been on bupa for 7 years, cos I was self employed for while, so I thought as it covered, i'll get it sorted out before I get to Aus cos it's only going to get worse.
Got the op 4 weeks ago, a zig zag cut the entire length of my left index finger, made a right mess of it.
When i got bandages changed a few days later, nurse said I should be exercising it so scar tissue doesnt form ( as it turns out, big mistake ). Looked f**king messy for weeks.
Over last few days top layer of horrible nasty looking skin all fell off, leaving lovely pink skin underneath, all looking like it'll only leave me with a minor zigzag scar, so very very happy.
Then....
Woke up this morning, and the f***********in lump is BACK!!!
Overnight!!! from nothing at all to back to the full original size. :curse:
I was told there was a 5-10 % recurrence rate, but based on todays internet research, I should had the finger imobilised, cos that decreases the rate of recurrence!!
So I have to go through the whole lot again, and even with bupa it's still cost be £330 in consultancy fees and excess charges. Plus another week of not being able to drive, another month of not being able to go to the gym ( my clothes are NOT fitting at the moment as it is)
Well p*ssed off!! :curse: I knew they should have splinted it.

But because I always have to see the silver lining, at least this means it definitely was a ganglion, cos after they had it out they said it looked a bit weird and they weren't sure it was a ganglion anymore, and I am still waiting for the test results...
So at least I can be sort of sure it was/is a ganglion now.

But also annoyed with myself for relying on official advice and not looking it up myself!!!!

Last edited by CynOpt; Sep 8th 2007 at 8:13 pm. Reason: correction
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:17 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pathetic really but winding me up anyway

Originally Posted by CynOpt
Have had a lump (ganglion) on my finger for about 4 years, and it started getting bigger this year, and was affecting my movement, and starting to lose some feeling in my finger.
I've been on bupa for 7 years, cos I was self employed for while, so I thought as it covered, i'll get it sorted out before I get to Aus cos it's only going to get worse.
Got the op 4 weeks ago, a zig zag cut the entire length of my left index finger, made a right mess of it.
When i got bandages changed a few days later, nurse said I should be exercising it so scar tissue doesnt form ( as it turns out, big mistake ). Looked f**king messy for weeks.
Over last few days top layer of horrible nasty looking skin all fell off, leaving lovely pink skin underneath, all looking like it'll only leave me with a minor zigzag scar, so very very happy.
Then....
I was told there was a 5-10 % recurrence rate, but based on todays internet research, I should had the finger imobilised, cos that decreases the rate of recurrence!!
So I have to go through the whole lot again, and even with bupa it's still cost be £330 in consultancy fees and excess charges. Plus another week of not being able to drive, another month of not being able to go to the gym ( my clothes are NOT fitting at the moment as it is)

But because I always have to see the silver lining, at least this means it definitely was a ganglion, cos after they had it out they said it looked a bit weird and they weren't sure it was a ganglion anymore, and I am still waiting for the test results...

But also annoyed with myself for relying on official advice and not looking it up myself!!!!

In the olden days the treatment was to whack it with the family bible (very big book) and it worked!!

did this for my mate as she is terrified of surgery, worked a treat

wanna give it a go
Old Sep 8th 2007, 8:39 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
In the olden days the treatment was to whack it with the family bible (very big book) and it worked!!

did this for my mate as she is terrified of surgery, worked a treat

wanna give it a go
You offering K?

I don't live too far from CynOpt perhaps I could do it

Seriously though CynOpt - Why don't you contact BUPA and tell them you don't expect to pay for it again as you didn't receive the correct aftercare?
It's worth a try.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:36 pm
CynOpt

CynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of lightCynOpt is a glorious beacon of light

hmm, yes, I like your style kapri, definitely worth a try.
I have a "free" after consultancy as part of the treatment, so I will bring it up then.
Wish I'd gone for the bible bashing now( I think another name for these things is a bible bump cos of that treatment )!!
Apparently a 50% recurrence rate from that type of "treatment", but at least it has the major advantage of being free, and presumably doesnt involve the total re-learning of how to use the digit after the trauma of surgery.

Thanks for not treating me like a complete wimp for whinging about minor surgery on one finger.

Also, probably a good thing, I had never made up my mind about the idea of plastic surgery for post 40 lifts etc, but after seeing the mess even something minor like this makes of you...... no way, naw aw, never ever ever.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:45 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CynOpt
Then....

hey do you remember in the old days,,

you had to rub it with bacon,burry the bacon in the garden and then the lump will fall off...

might work...save you a few quid..
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:55 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
hey do you remember in the old days,,

you had to rub it with bacon,burry the bacon in the garden and then the lump will fall off...

might work...save you a few quid..
sorry Ast that was warts!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 9:58 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
sorry Ast that was warts!!
i know a bloke that rubbed it to much over his finger and his finger fell off...

strange but true..
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:01 pm
Banned

i know a bloke that rubbed it to much over his finger and his finger fell off...

strange but true..
flippin hell ast,is that true?
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:03 pm
Banned

flippin hell ast,is that true?
its is honest...

listen to this then ast..

i know a bloke that made love to a pig and his willy fell off...

Last edited by aston man; Sep 8th 2007 at 10:06 pm.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:04 pm
Banned

its is at honest...

listen to this then ast..

i know a bloke that made love to a pig and his willy fell off...
no...

yes its true...

i know a bloke that burried some bacon and a bacon tree grew in his garden...
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:05 pm
Banned

no...

yes its true...

i know a bloke that burried some bacon and a bacon tree grew in his garden...
no..

its true i tell ya....
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:09 pm
Banned

no..

its true i tell ya....
hey ast,asher reckons she knows a bloke that rubbed it on warts and they fall off...
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:10 pm
Banned

hey ast,asher reckons she knows a bloke that rubbed it on warts and they fall off...
so................

well you know that bloke and the pig....
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:10 pm
Banned

so................

well you know that bloke and the pig....
flippin hell ast.....
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:11 pm

They're coming to take you away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take you away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and you'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're
coming to take you away, ha-haaa!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.