Reload this Page >

passport expiry query

passport expiry query

Old Feb 13th 2008, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough
Default passport expiry query

Hi, guys.
My 10 year UK passport runs out in Jan 2009. But my 136 Visa will be in my "expired" passport then....

does anyone know what the procedure is for getting a new UK passport with a new copy of Visa in it ??? (if you know what i mean )

thanks

Last edited by Richard007; Feb 13th 2008 at 6:36 am.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:26 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: passport expiry query

Apply for a new British passport at www.britaus.net

Go get a new visa label in your passport at the immigration office.

I think technically you can still travel and take your old passport with the visa in it with your new passport but I think thats probably better.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 7:40 am
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

this happened to us
we just got new passports on the application you ask if they can keep the visa page live and they will sent both passports back to it just means you have to carry both passports with you
you can send both passports off to australia house in london to get a new visa stamp

jan xx
Old Feb 13th 2008, 8:10 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robos
this happened to us
we just got new passports on the application you ask if they can keep the visa page live and they will sent both passports back to it just means you have to carry both passports with you
you can send both passports off to australia house in london to get a new visa stamp

jan xx
Or obviously the local Immigration office if your already in Australia and you apply via the high Commission in Canberra.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richard007
Hi, guys.
My 10 year UK passport runs out in Jan 2009. But my 136 Visa will be in my "expired" passport then....

does anyone know what the procedure is for getting a new UK passport with a new copy of Visa in it ??? (if you know what i mean )

thanks
DIAC office in Brisbane will put the label in the new passport for free, just take both passports with you and its painless and free. Takes about half an hour queueing usually.

Link to get the new passport is - http://bhc.britaus.net/Passports/passportsdefault.asp
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Richard007 will become famous soon enough

oh brilliant thanks guys. thats superb. put my mind at rest.