Parramatta

Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Parramatta

We're travelling down fairly soon to watch the Broncos play Eels at Parramatta Stadium but it appears majority of Central Sydney hotels are costing a fortune the weekend of 2nd -3rd March (more than likely due to Mardi Gras that weekend also) so was wondering if it would be a good option to make Parramatta our base for the weekend

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parramatta

Plenty of good restaurants and some good hotels. Full of historical places to visit if you like that sort of thing. There are cinemas, the Riverside Theatre which has some good shows and ofcourse Parra Leagues Club. Hope you get hammered!

Forgot to say you could travel by the Rivercat to the CBD.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Plenty of good restaurants and some good hotels. Full of historical places to visit if you like that sort of thing. There are cinemas, the Riverside Theatre which has some good shows and ofcourse Parra Leagues Club. Hope you get hammered!

Forgot to say you could travel by the Rivercat to the CBD.
Thanks for the info ,will i get in AND OUT with my broncos shirt on ? Deciding factor could turn out to be the fact Rosehill Races are on that weekend into the bargain Got any tips ?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Work used to send me to Paramatta a fair bit. There is a Crowne Plaza in the High St and I spent about 8 weeks living there...

The ferry from Darling harbour to Paramatta is lovely but takes about an hour.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pomster
Work used to send me to Paramatta a fair bit. There is a Crowne Plaza in the High St and I spent about 8 weeks living there...

The ferry from Darling harbour to Paramatta is lovely but takes about an hour.
Cheers, gotta say that trip does look appealing Any / many bars etc or shall we catch the early evening ferry to the city ?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Parramatta is one of the more interesting areas to have a walk around, historical buildings, nice riverside, nice park. Some interesting characters frequent the high street though! Very bogan in parts, check out the people sat around the church area on a Saturday afternoon! Never seen so many people on mobility scooters also. Reminds me of a town in the North of England sometimes.

I was there doing my shopping a few Saturdays back when some plain clothes cops came by and sat near me. I could tell they were under cover cops as they had their hidden radio's going off with calls from other officers in the vicinity! Seemed to be part of some bigger operation. Not very good undercover cops! They wandered off in the direction of the Westfield anyway.

Last edited by Jon77; Jan 11th 2012 at 11:32 am.
Old Jan 11th 2012, 9:24 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Cheers, gotta say that trip does look appealing Any / many bars etc or shall we catch the early evening ferry to the city ?

You could go to the Ferry in Parramatta and sit in the bar an hour before hand which is right next to it.... It's a nice way to spend an evening. Busy little place. The food is nice.
Then hop on the ferry down the river... and land up in Darling harbour.
It's the most chilled way I've ever got into the city.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 12:10 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info ,will i get in AND OUT with my broncos shirt on ? Deciding factor could turn out to be the fact Rosehill Races are on that weekend into the bargain Got any tips ?
I've always made Himself wear something over his Qld shirt when he goes to watch State of Origin

I can echo the advice of travelling in on the ferry - we sent the out-laws in that way and they absolutely loved it.
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:04 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

We're travelling down fairly soon to watch the Broncos play Eels at Parramatta Stadium but it appears majority of Central Sydney hotels are costing a fortune the weekend of 2nd -3rd March (more than likely due to Mardi Gras that weekend also) so was wondering if it would be a good option to make Parramatta our base for the weekend

Many thanks in anticipation of your replies
Mate your full of bullsh#t, Broncos my arse , your going for Mardi Gras
Old Jan 12th 2012, 8:25 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAP01
We must make sure Commonwealth sees this thread
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're just jealous cos i'm going and you're NOT GOING AGAIN
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Irish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to beholdIrish Guinness is a splendid one to behold

can I ask were does the ferry leave from for Parramatta?
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:18 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Irish Guinness
can I ask were does the ferry leave from for Parramatta?
usually Circular Quay and/or Darling Harbour
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

You're just jealous cos i'm going and you're NOT GOING AGAIN
Whos been to a Kylie gig ? You know the mrs she likes to people watch
Old Jan 13th 2012, 6:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Whos been to a Kylie gig ? You know the mrs she likes to people watch
Which only goes to prove I'd like to be into females I rest my case