Parents

Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:06 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Parents

I've just had my parents staying for 3 weeks and it's been great. They went off to NZ today but will be back after that for another 3 weeks.

I took them to the airport early this morning before everyone else got up and my 3yo is wondering what I've done with them and why I've not gone to get them back
Old Jan 1st 2009, 6:21 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Parents

Aww bless! My parents are coming over next... no no! this year! lol! THey want to come for about 3 months.. hope OH will be OK... tho saying that they are planning to have an open ticket so that they can just head back to Italy when they have had enough!

THink it is a great idea that your parents are seeing NZ.. might suggest that mine head over for a couple of weeks too.. think my Dad has always wanted to see NZ...

Em x
Old Jan 1st 2009, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by emelems
Aww bless! My parents are coming over next... no no! this year! lol! THey want to come for about 3 months.. hope OH will be OK... tho saying that they are planning to have an open ticket so that they can just head back to Italy when they have had enough!

THink it is a great idea that your parents are seeing NZ.. might suggest that mine head over for a couple of weeks too.. think my Dad has always wanted to see NZ...

Em x
My Dad wanted to see NZ as well. He was a farmer so I think that aspect of NZ fascinates him. Last time they came over in 2005 they traveled from Cairns down to Sydney so they've got to see more of the locality than we have. That's mainly because we've usually spend the holiday budget on a trip to the UK (That's not entirely true -- it more because there's still lots of bits of Vic to see first.)
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 3:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
My Dad wanted to see NZ as well. He was a farmer so I think that aspect of NZ fascinates him.
It shows. If your old man had been a suburban 'Little Englander' peasant (I'm sure you'll get the inside joke and irony, as I know you are not of 100pc English descent) maybe you as his son might not have done as well here...
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I've just had my parents staying for 3 weeks and it's been great. They went off to NZ today but will be back after that for another 3 weeks.

I took them to the airport early this morning before everyone else got up and my 3yo is wondering what I've done with them and why I've not gone to get them back
this sounds just like the visit i hoped for when my parents arrived at beginning of dec. unfortunatley it has been nothing like it
@ your 3 year old wondering what you done with them!
Old Jan 2nd 2009, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by daunted
this sounds just like the visit i hoped for when my parents arrived at beginning of dec. unfortunatley it has been nothing like it
@ your 3 year old wondering what you done with them!
Sorry to hear it's not gone smoothly. I've discovered that if my Dad gets bored I just have to send him out into the garden to dig up a tree stump or something and he's as happy as Larry.

I love it when he finds a spider he doesn't recognise. "Will that kill me?"