Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Parenting styles: Oz vs UK

Parenting styles: Oz vs UK

Old Jun 20th 2011, 10:31 pm
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Parenting styles: Oz vs UK

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Why what? Which point are you picking up on? Maybe if you took your fish oil...
nah, I just think it's neurotic behaviour: pill popping is not a good thing to be getting your kids into
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 7:05 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
nah, I just think it's neurotic behaviour: pill popping is not a good thing to be getting your kids into
I think the karma you sent me was probably a wise move on your part.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 3:59 am
Forum Regular

mellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nice
Smile Re: Parenting styles: Oz vs UK

Reading all these posts and some really make my blood boil i had my first baby 3 months ago today and after 17 hours of labour had an emergency c-section as my daughter was stuck and in distress i wanted to breastfeed from the start but had flat nipples ! but the midwifes insisted on pushing my newborn daughter onto my breast with a very bruised head screaming and then saying she will have deal with the pain if she is going to get it !!! 4 hours old !!! she was hungry !! i had to sign a form to say i was not going to breastfeed !! MY CHILD ! why do i have to sign a form ?? i did'nt sign a form to get pregnant i'm a 30 year old woman why should anyone tell you how to raise your children advise maybe but to TELL you and then if you dont do what they say they JUDGE !
rubbish sod em my daughter is happy and smiles everyday !
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:03 am

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by mellyturner
Reading all these posts and some really make my blood boil i had my first baby 3 months ago today and after 17 hours of labour had an emergency c-section as my daughter was stuck and in distress i wanted to breastfeed from the start but had flat nipples ! but the midwifes insisted on pushing my newborn daughter onto my breast with a very bruised head screaming and then saying she will have deal with the pain if she is going to get it !!! 4 hours old !!! she was hungry !! i had to sign a form to say i was not going to breastfeed !! MY CHILD ! why do i have to sign a form ?? i did'nt sign a form to get pregnant i'm a 30 year old woman why should anyone tell you how to raise your children advise maybe but to TELL you and then if you dont do what they say they JUDGE !
rubbish sod em my daughter is happy and smiles everyday !
ah, but do you realise you've resigned your daughter to a future of obesity, high blood pressure and low IQ?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:52 am
Forum Regular

mellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nicemellyturner is just really nice

ohh please dont talk silly ! children become that way from there upbringing not from what they eat a few hundred years ago breastfeeding was frowned upon and smoking was good for you ! go figure ! so i would rather have a happy baby than an underweight screaming unhappy one !
Old Jun 27th 2011, 4:56 am

ohh please dont talk silly ! children become that way from there upbringing not from what they eat a few hundred years ago breastfeeding was frowned upon and smoking was good for you ! go figure ! so i would rather have a happy baby than an underweight screaming unhappy one !
you do realise I was joking don't you?
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:14 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think so
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:27 am
Forum Regular

oh thank god you was joking !

as i said she is 3 months old so brain not back up to full speed as yet !
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:37 am

oh thank god you was joking !

as i said she is 3 months old so brain not back up to full speed as yet !
you have every sympathy from me
Old Jun 27th 2011, 5:41 am
Just Joined

Agent Bauer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
no it's not, it's SC too
and me mate. As long as they don't go looking in my 'special cupboard' your kids are welcome to assist with the ongoing trashing of our home any time they like