Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

PANIC! possible lost passport and china visa application

PANIC! possible lost passport and china visa application

Old May 15th 2006, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

CornishPasty is on a distinguished road
Default PANIC! possible lost passport and china visa application

Sorry if its a bit off topic, but I am having a major panic.

I am not sure if I have lost my passport or not!! I went to the Chinese consular in Brisbane on Thursday to apply for a short term business visa, she then told me to come back and get it on Tuesday. With me I took, photos, application form, letter of invitation, my new passport and old passport with Oz PR visa in it.

I am just getting packed and went to check my passport.....but all I have is my old one with the visa receipt and the spare photo. I cant remember if she gave my current passport back!

So, question. Do they take the passport from you to do checks etc and I will get it back tomorrow with my visa when I pick it up......or have I just managed to lose it since last Thursday?!

Man, I am so dumb. Its just that she gave me back the old one, it also has the receipt in the old one, I assumed it was all together. I dont know!!! Maybe the visa is actually stamped into my passport.

Anyone done this before.......I fly tomorrow evening and am panicking!!!
Old May 15th 2006, 11:44 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PANIC! possible lost passport and china visa application

Originally Posted by CornishPasty
Sorry if its a bit off topic, but I am having a major panic.

I am not sure if I have lost my passport or not!! I went to the Chinese consular in Brisbane on Thursday to apply for a short term business visa, she then told me to come back and get it on Tuesday. With me I took, photos, application form, letter of invitation, my new passport and old passport with Oz PR visa in it.

I am just getting packed and went to check my passport.....but all I have is my old one with the visa receipt and the spare photo. I cant remember if she gave my current passport back!

So, question. Do they take the passport from you to do checks etc and I will get it back tomorrow with my visa when I pick it up......or have I just managed to lose it since last Thursday?!

Man, I am so dumb. Its just that she gave me back the old one, it also has the receipt in the old one, I assumed it was all together. I dont know!!! Maybe the visa is actually stamped into my passport.

Anyone done this before.......I fly tomorrow evening and am panicking!!!
well have ye found it yet then??
Old May 15th 2006, 11:48 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Janners.
Old May 16th 2006, 3:27 am
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Surely they kept your new passport to stick the Chinese visa in it? If you are going back to get the visa, then it will be in your passport?.......
Old May 16th 2006, 8:29 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

You certainly need to check it out - the Chinese are not exactly forgiving when visas are concerned.

A colleague was sent back to London once when we arrived in Beijing just because he wasn't on the right list - caused all sorts of problems.

Good luck!
Old May 16th 2006, 9:04 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

You donut

they take the passport off you - and they stamp the visa in it - and give it back to you.

Its the same as the aussie one - printed inside the passport.

- How come you found chinese consular in brissie ? I had to send mine to canberra to get done for my visa's

I assume thisis a business single/multiple entry visa ?
Old May 16th 2006, 9:46 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

OK - I didn't realise that they kept your current passport. Then they will obviously put the visa in that and you will pick it up before you go!