Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Packed To The Rafters

Packed To The Rafters

Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Packed To The Rafters

I should have learned by now... Never say never...

Tomorrow our house really will become packed to the rafters again

I have temprarily lost my sewing room, alias study... Its resumed its former incarnation as mumbles bedroom

Gorgeous stays as is, the hoppalong kid moves back to her old room, grey nomads have the master suite at the front of the house and Kevin and The1 with Grandpinkjellybean2B move back into the "guest room" ...the one I wanted... The one overlooking the pool until The1 joins up.... And until they qualify for forces accommodation...

Any fantastic tips on four generations cohabiting under one roof?

Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:37 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packed To The Rafters

Originally Posted by eddie007
I should have learned by now... Never say never...

Tomorrow our house really will become packed to the rafters again

I have temprarily lost my sewing room, alias study... Its resumed its former incarnation as mumbles bedroom

Gorgeous stays as is, the hoppalong kid moves back to her old room, grey nomads have the master suite at the front of the house and Kevin and The1 with Grandpinkjellybean2B move back into the "guest room" ...the one I wanted... The one overlooking the pool until The1 joins up.... And until they qualify for forces accommodation...

Any fantastic tips on four generations cohabiting under one roof?

Go deaf.
Old Oct 27th 2012, 1:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Pardon?

I have that one covered... Well... I have no hearing at all on my left side... So just one finger will do the trick.... Or hearing ear to the pillow....

I'm thinking of packing in my new job already and trying for a FIFO post somewhere out whoop whoop.... Actually, no...that is NOT happening... I feel calmer and more fulfilled than I have since arriving in australia 5 years ago since starting ....

I grew up in a house where my grandparents had their own accomodation under the same roof... So I have an idea of how to make it work...

Anyone else put themselves in this position and made a go of it?
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:04 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eddie007
Pardon?

I have that one covered... Well... I have no hearing at all on my left side... So just one finger will do the trick.... Or hearing ear to the pillow....

I'm thinking of packing in my new job already and trying for a FIFO post somewhere out whoop whoop.... Actually, no...that is NOT happening... I feel calmer and more fulfilled than I have since arriving in australia 5 years ago since starting ....

I grew up in a house where my grandparents had their own accomodation under the same roof... So I have an idea of how to make it work...

Anyone else put themselves in this position and made a go of it?

You are a VERY brave woman Eddie. You are to be commended. There is no WAY on this earth I could live with either sets of parents
Old Oct 27th 2012, 10:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by rasen78
You are a VERY brave woman Eddie. You are to be commended. There is no WAY on this earth I could live with either sets of parents
Its not the parents I have concerns about... We have managed not to maim each other since they arrived on June 1st (an all time family record)

Its the Parents2B that I have concerns about.... And the Sqwarker...

Notwishing to live up to her nickname of GranmaGruffallo.... I am slightly unenthusiastic about babies.... My own were the exception.... What if I dont like having the sqwarkee around? Afterall... Grandchildren are the ones you are meant to hand back when you've filled them full of sugar and food additives and wound them up to highly sprung....

And having Kevin... The worlds worst teenagaer return to us as ..... Gulp.... A Muvva... Well this defires logic... She is only 3! (22 in human years...3 in grown up years)
Old Oct 29th 2012, 5:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Tranquilisers???

Shan't comment on who for though.