Wikiposts

OZ economic crash!

Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:13 pm

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OZ economic crash!

And rental vacancies are increasing, especially the high end stuff. Over 6% in Sydney's well to do suburbs. There goes the justification for maintaining prices despite a drop in the amount of money chasing the property.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond reputeframac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
[l be all ok, only time will tell.

Any comments....??
Yes Ralph , "leave your self ,alone at night".................mm[/QUOTE]
Subtle but to the point.
Old Jul 26th 2008, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Budawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond reputeBudawang has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ralphwiggam
Obviously, the Australian economy will go into a slump. Its for sure.
The currency's performance and economic trends are similar to those leading up to Australia's most-recent recession, in 1990-91.

Australia has been warned it is probably heading for its biggest housing slump over the past 100 years. This is not just my opinion but words of financial advisers & credit crunchers who do this for a living. Don't believe everything you read in the papers or see on the news, these are edited versions of what is really happening.

Australians have built up over AU$2.2 Trillion in debt & need AU$1 Trillion to mend the housing crunch, its in a bad way and will need to tred very carefully and take evasive action quickly.

I never mentioned anything about the UK pound or the US dollar!

Maybe I have mentioned this in the wrong site.......everyone wishing or in the process of moving to oz.
Australian houses prices are very high. However, we won't necessarily follow the path of the US. Many more houses were built in the US than people wanted to buy. There is a housing glut in the US while we have a housing shortage in Australia. Strong migration inflows will also help keep a floor under Australian house prices. The best outcome for Australia will be house prices remaining flat, leading to a gradual increase in housing affordability over several years. Due to much better economic management here, I think this is a plausible outcome. If China goes off the rails and commodity prices collapse, that's another story...
Old Jul 26th 2008, 10:32 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

And our banks such as the NAB have sucked up the debt and written off the exposure to the US market to get out of the playing field. I'd say this places Australia in a very strong position comparatively.