Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The OT posts from the Gold Coast Church thread.

The OT posts from the Gold Coast Church thread.

Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The OT posts from the Gold Coast Church thread.

Originally Posted by RenShen
And your point is? How is that helping choc find a friendly church for family worship?
Who was I respondng to?

Your horse is indeed very high but you should try getting off it just now and then.
And yours isn't? Pot kettle black.

And maybe go back to hiding under your bridge until some more nanny goats trot across
I do believe that right now you are attempting to provoke. Does that make you a hypocrit?

And notice I managed to get that point over without a single "wtf" or the use of asterisks to hide swear words. See, it CAN be done.
Did I actually swear or did you read into my abbreviations and asterisks what you wanted to read? Bear this in mind, you're the one that filled in the blanks. Not me.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone go to a good church on the gold coast? (christian)

Oh wind your neck in Dean. Don't you get fed up of being so arsey all the time?

Please Polly, close this thread.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:54 am
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Oh wind your neck in Dean. Don't you get fed up of being so arsey all the time?

Please Polly, close this thread.
or maybe just delete anyone who is causing trouble...after all there are many people on here who may also be interested in finding church facilites too, but fail to post as they fear being attacked for mention the word christian!
there are some good links here, and other helpful suggestions would be welcomed too.
it is a shame that others on here have had to pm me to tell me that they would like to ask the same thing, but are scared to for this very reason!
what if there are gay british expats, who are looking for places to meet people in aus, or jewish expats who are looking for a synagogue, or muslims that are looking for a mosque?
is everyone going to be subjected to the same amount of provocation and ridicule,as christians have so far?
i certainly hope not, as this forum is for ALL british expats who are in australia,to use... not just the deans of this world....

if a thread doesn't concern you, as you have nothing constructive to add, then move right along, and let others live their lives as they please...

everyone goes on about religious people being pushy and fanatical, but this kind of obsessed badgering really takes the cake!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by chocciecake
or maybe just delete anyone who is causing trouble...
So you believe in restriction of free speech? How very Christian of you. Hitler believed in restricting peoples freedom of speech as well...

after all there are many people on here who may also be interested in finding church facilites too, but fail to post as they fear being attacked for mention the word christian!there are some good links here, and other helpful suggestions would be welcomed too.
it is a shame that others on here have had to pm me to tell me that they would like to ask the same thing, but are scared to for this very reason!
I wouldn't want to offend anybodys' sensibilities. No need to be so precious. Is it a prerequisite to lose your sense of humour to become a Christian?

what if there are gay british expats, who are looking for places to meet people in aus, or jewish expats who are looking for a synagogue, or muslims that are looking for a mosque?
So we are talking about hypotheticals now?

is everyone going to be subjected to the same amount of provocation and ridicule,as christians have so far?
I haven't ridiculed anyone. If you have taken it that way then that is something that is within yourself that you need to come to terms with. I think that's called having a victim complex.

if a thread doesn't concern you, as you have nothing constructive to add, then move right along, and let others live their lives as they please...
Restriction of free speech again.

This is a public forum. As the saying goes. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

everyone goes on about religious people being pushy and fanatical, but this kind of obsessed badgering really takes the cake!
And the bible bashing Christians aren't guilty of doing exactly that?

HYPOCRISY!!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:24 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deancm
Restriction of free speech again.

This is a public forum. As the saying goes. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.
Good grief don't pull the "Restriction of free speech." card. You are being totally unfair to the OP and have ruined her thread. She asked a question about church, she didn't ask you to comment on her religious preferences. Let it go, or I'll let you go
Old Jul 17th 2009, 12:30 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Sue
Good grief don't pull the "Restriction of free speech." card. You are being totally unfair to the OP and have ruined her thread. She asked a question about church, she didn't ask you to comment on her religious preferences. Let it go, or I'll let you go
I didn't comment on her religious preferences. I said "Australia isn't a religious country". It all went downhill from there.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:03 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this thread is located incorrectly? Perhaps it should be under the main Australia group? "The Barbie" is for light-hearted banter and chat.

I hope you get your answers, Chocciecake.

Last edited by paulry; Jul 17th 2009 at 1:05 pm.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:08 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Maybe this thread is located incorrectly? Perhaps it should be under the main Australia group? "The Barbie" is for light-hearted banter and chat.

I hope you get your answers, Chocciecake.
I didn't know there had been any ruling. The thread had become so congested with insensitive remarks that I must have missed it
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Getting back to the original post, what about the RC church, Our Lady of Perpetual Pre-menstrual Tension in Mermaid Waters?

C'mon mods, just a joke
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:19 pm
aussie married to a brit!

chocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond reputechocciecake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NELBHOY
Getting back to the original post, what about the RC church, Our Lady of Perpetual Pre-menstrual Tension in Mermaid Waters?

C'mon mods, just a joke
ok, that one was kind of funny!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

NELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of lightNELBHOY is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by chocciecake
ok, that one was kind of funny!
I'm RC so I'm allowed chocciecake
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Oh, I forgot. They can't take jokes but they are quite happy to hit people over the head with a big book.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:29 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ronan_in_Oz
Thank you for the information. I am aware of the Church of Scientology. But am shocked to know about the Church of "Satan"
You should have a read of the Satanic Bible...

Yes, it's real.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:31 pm
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Deancm
You should have a read of the Satanic Bible...

Yes, it's real.
Do you think i could order that through the library?
Old Jul 17th 2009, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

I'm RC so I'm allowed chocciecake
I'm Protestant. Does that mean i'm forgiven?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.