Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Ordering children's clothes from the UK

Ordering children's clothes from the UK

Old Jul 18th 2006, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ordering children's clothes from the UK

Originally Posted by The Crow
I didn't realise that - shame they use the same stock (their stuff sold out so quickly!). Do they not mind sending to Australia via the US site?
R

Don't know about posting to Aus but if you e-mail them they usually reply to questions really quickly.

Soap addict
Old Jul 18th 2006, 11:27 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Crow
Were they happy to do that then? That's good!

Yes, they replied and said they'd split it into two orders, send selected 'hot weather' items to my parents and send the trousers etc to us here straight away. My parents will repackage the other one and send through as a gift. They were extremely helpful. Couldn't fault them as per usual, although I did once have an interesting conversation with 'Mr Boden' when he published people's embarrassing complaint letters in the catalogue a few years ago. Couldn't see anything wrong with it he said. Couldn't understand my point about confidentiality or respect for people's private correspondence!
Thought everyone could have a jolly good laugh about Mr X sending back his underwear etc. Apparently I was the only person in the whole country who complained.
Buyer beware... if you have a problem with the clothes, don't write a letter in case you want to be published to thousands.
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

soap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to beholdsoap addict is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iPom
Yes, they replied and said they'd split it into two orders, send selected 'hot weather' items to my parents and send the trousers etc to us here straight away. My parents will repackage the other one and send through as a gift. They were extremely helpful. Couldn't fault them as per usual, although I did once have an interesting conversation with 'Mr Boden' when he published people's embarrassing complaint letters in the catalogue a few years ago. Couldn't see anything wrong with it he said. Couldn't understand my point about confidentiality or respect for people's private correspondence!
Thought everyone could have a jolly good laugh about Mr X sending back his underwear etc. Apparently I was the only person in the whole country who complained.
Buyer beware... if you have a problem with the clothes, don't write a letter in case you want to be published to thousands.
Good news for you - happy shopping!!!!

Soap addict
Old Jul 19th 2006, 10:17 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soap addict
Don't know if you are aware Boden has a US site - the same as the UK one but with prices in dollars. I have ordered from them many times - you only pay sales tax if you live in Florida. If you convert the dollar/pound rates it still works out cheaper to buy from the US site. Same excellent service as you get in the UK.

Soap addict
We do this with Gymboree too. Also, try ebay.com (US site) for Gymboree and Boden clothes. Loads of sellers there, who buy from the shops/web sites in the sales and then resell it on for great prices. Also, because they tend to be just parents trying to make a few $ from home, they're usually happy send them plain wraped marked as gifts Saves having to have it sent to the UK and then on to Oz.

Gill
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:32 am
Just Joined

mel30 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by herrchook
We do this with Gymboree too. Also, try ebay.com (US site) for Gymboree and Boden clothes. Loads of sellers there, who buy from the shops/web sites in the sales and then resell it on for great prices. Also, because they tend to be just parents trying to make a few $ from home, they're usually happy send them plain wraped marked as gifts Saves having to have it sent to the UK and then on to Oz.

Gill
Hi All
Just made my day!! We are in the process of moving to oz and was really worried about shopping! now I know I can get Boden delivered thats fantastic.
Whats the womens fashion like over there? Is there anything like M&S?

Mel
sunny somerset uk
Old Jul 19th 2006, 11:49 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mel30
Hi All
Just made my day!! We are in the process of moving to oz and was really worried about shopping! now I know I can get Boden delivered thats fantastic.
Whats the womens fashion like over there? Is there anything like M&S?

Mel
sunny somerset uk

Mel, it depends where you shop!!! Perfectly nice clothing here, lots of smaller independant shops to browse in... I have even got stuff off Aus eBay for the kids which is excellent value and great quality. Lots of Country Road, Pumpkin Patch etc.
I don't think I pay full price for anything these days!
Old Jul 19th 2006, 12:01 pm
Just Joined

mel30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Ordering children's clothes from the UK

Originally Posted by iPom
Mel, it depends where you shop!!! Perfectly nice clothing here, lots of smaller independant shops to browse in... I have even got stuff off Aus eBay for the kids which is excellent value and great quality. Lots of Country Road, Pumpkin Patch etc.
I don't think I pay full price for anything these days!

Sounds great I love a bargain! Cant wait to start shopping......