ooh eck India

Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:36 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default ooh eck India

OH has just been told we could be sent to India for 3 to 4 months in New Delhi

I have never been to India and am a bit reluctant (just settling in here)

I would love to visit India sometime but with the troubles in Pakistan am not sure that now is a good time.

What would you do?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:40 am
Forum Regular

OzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant future
Default Re: ooh eck India

Think of the curry ... yummmmmmmmm

Never been to India but it could be a good adventure
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:46 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzyLee
Think of the curry ... yummmmmmmmm

Never been to India but it could be a good adventure
I think that's what he's doing thinking of curry

my problem is i think of dengue and amoebic dysentery and stuff like that with the odd terrorist bomb thrown in for fun
Old Aug 29th 2008, 5:57 am
Forum Regular

OzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant futureOzzyLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by asher
dengue and amoebic dysentery and stuff like that with the odd terrorist bomb thrown in for fun
I have no idea what "dengue and amoebic dysentery" is .. but it sounds kinda funky

As for the bombs how long did you live in the UK under the shadow of the IRA ? In today’s world anywhere could be bombed .. even Brisbane. I'm sure the risks are not as bad as living in London or New York atm.

Good luck in what ever you decide
Old Aug 29th 2008, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by OzzyLee
I have no idea what "dengue and amoebic dysentery" is .. but it sounds kinda funky

As for the bombs how long did you live in the UK under the shadow of the IRA ? In today’s world anywhere could be bombed .. even Brisbane. I'm sure the risks are not as bad as living in London or New York atm.

Good luck in what ever you decide
No the IRA never frightened me I always felt very fatalistic even through tours of NI! when mates were getting killed
I suppose old age is creeping up.

think delhi belly on a grand scale for dengue and dysentery

anyone been to new delhi? or India?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 7:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

No the IRA never frightened me I always felt very fatalistic even through tours of NI! when mates were getting killed
I suppose old age is creeping up.

think delhi belly on a grand scale for dengue and dysentery

anyone been to new delhi? or India?
Smurtaza is probably your man Sounds like a great trip. I'd love it. You'd presumably be put up in a fancy pants place, should be fine tummy wise but you just be careful like some people think they have to be going to Majorca for a two week holiday
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Smurtaza is probably your man Sounds like a great trip. I'd love it. You'd presumably be put up in a fancy pants place, should be fine tummy wise but you just be careful like some people think they have to be going to Majorca for a two week holiday
I know smurtaza could tell me loads trouble is I need facts not fiction
I hope we would have a fancy pants place.

I think if I had been here for longer than 2 months I might be more enthusiastic but i'm just starting to settle in here and off we go again I have been doing this most of my life

just been contacted by an ex forces mate who says lots of dengue there but watch out for mozzies and that although it is a malaria region they didn't bother with meds.

come on someone tell me I shouldn't worry and it's magic there please
Old Aug 29th 2008, 8:33 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

India is a fabulous place and very diverse. Would love to live there for a few months - you could also afford to employ some help so you have more time to get out and about and sample the life. GO FOR IT.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 9:54 am

thank you just what i need to hear
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:21 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

asher, last year we nearly moved there for 12-18 months, although to Hyderabad. It came out of the blue but we were up for it, although I knew it would be a bit of a challenge after Beginner's Asia.

From the research I did I would think you would have to live in a gated community, and have a driver to take you everywhere - now that I thought I could get used to!

I would say go for it - especially if it's only for a few months. What an adventure.

BTW Dengue fever is contracted by being bitten by the Aedes mosquito, and it's like the worst flu you could imagine. You can bleed to death from it - The Geek and I were hospitalised with it a couple of years ago and weren't even allowed to brush our teeth. IMHO you can't let things like that stop you travelling, you just have to take precautions.

(We caught it at home in squeeky clean Singapore.)
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:55 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so jealous. India is right up on the top of my list of places to go. If we had no kids at home and a chance to go for a few months my bags would be all packed. Go for it and have a fantastic time discovering the country. Besides, what's a little dysentry and dengue fever?
Old Aug 29th 2008, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Seasider
asher, last year we nearly moved there for 12-18 months, although to Hyderabad. It came out of the blue but we were up for it, although I knew it would be a bit of a challenge after Beginner's Asia.

From the research I did I would think you would have to live in a gated community, and have a driver to take you everywhere - now that I thought I could get used to!

I would say go for it - especially if it's only for a few months. What an adventure.

BTW Dengue fever is contracted by being bitten by the Aedes mosquito, and it's like the worst flu you could imagine. You can bleed to death from it - The Geek and I were hospitalised with it a couple of years ago and weren't even allowed to brush our teeth. IMHO you can't let things like that stop you travelling, you just have to take precautions.

(We caught it at home in squeeky clean Singapore.)
I know all about dengue etc I have a diploma in tropical medicine!! I think is one of those you know too much things
Ok you are convincing me a driver yeah I could get used to that
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Dorothy
I'm so jealous. India is right up on the top of my list of places to go. If we had no kids at home and a chance to go for a few months my bags would be all packed. Go for it and have a fantastic time discovering the country. Besides, what's a little dysentry and dengue fever?
I know I was saying week ago I want to see the taj mahal before I die! It's another of those be careful what you wish for

I think I will go if it comes up but a part of me will be hoping it falls through though
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, that was more to the poster that didn't know what it was, although I did forget your nursing background.

The Geek's spent a lot of time there on business (mainly Mumbai) and always had a driver; he says it's essential. It does affect your freedom though. A friend who lived in Manila really hated that aspect.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 11:12 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I know all about dengue etc I have a diploma in tropical medicine!! I think is one of those you know too much things
Ok you are convincing me a driver yeah I could get used to that
You can definitely have too much knowledge

FWIW - i think it's a fantastic opportunity for 4 months. Any longer and Icouyld understand you being reluctant but that's just like a long holiday

Go for it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.