Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Online TV geeks - UK Sky Sports

Online TV geeks - UK Sky Sports

Old Sep 27th 2011, 9:27 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Online TV geeks - UK Sky Sports

Help me out here guys - in plain English please!!

16 year old niece, in the UK, living and dying for football but her dad refuses to get Sky. So she is currently sat here surfing the web on her ipod touch trying to find some dodgy link which she can use to watch Sky Sports.
I know absolutely nothing about watching tv via the internet so am not really much use to her!!
The latest site she has come up with is www.freetv-watch.com which she reckons will give her international tv forever for a one-off fee of £7.95 ...... Can't be that easy surely?!

Any suggestions anyone? I'm willing to pay a subscription for her if someone knows of a good site that she can use for Sky Sports. TV set-up here at present is internet/tv/phone etc bundle with Virgin Media, and she runs her ipod touch off the wifi connection from that - and trust me there's no way of persuading her Dad to ditch Virgin for Sky.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:51 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Online TV geeks - UK Sky Sports

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Help me out here guys - in plain English please!!

16 year old niece, in the UK, living and dying for football but her dad refuses to get Sky. So she is currently sat here surfing the web on her ipod touch trying to find some dodgy link which she can use to watch Sky Sports.
I know absolutely nothing about watching tv via the internet so am not really much use to her!!
The latest site she has come up with is www.freetv-watch.com which she reckons will give her international tv forever for a one-off fee of £7.95 ...... Can't be that easy surely?!

Any suggestions anyone? I'm willing to pay a subscription for her if someone knows of a good site that she can use for Sky Sports. TV set-up here at present is internet/tv/phone etc bundle with Virgin Media, and she runs her ipod touch off the wifi connection from that - and trust me there's no way of persuading her Dad to ditch Virgin for Sky.
nah, none of those things are any good. The only way to get free Premiership live games I know of is by going to places like Justin.tv and links like the ones I posted during the cricket thread against India. They often show all premium live sport
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:52 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

...and stop calling me a frickin geek!
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:04 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
nah, none of those things are any good. The only way to get free Premiership live games I know of is by going to places like Justin.tv and links like the ones I posted during the cricket thread against India. They often show all premium live sport
Okey doke, I'll have a look at some of those

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
...and stop calling me a frickin geek!
Old Sep 27th 2011, 5:52 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute

If you're happy to pay the subscription, why don't they just add Sky sports to their Virgin package and you pay the difference?

Can't remember if you can view on a mobile device...we got rid of Virgin cos it was rubbish

This link has the packages you can add on

http://shop.virginmedia.com/digital-...ky-sports.html
Old Sep 27th 2011, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Here you go... Just off the CPFC.BBS... http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Hopefully it will work on an Ipod.... definitely laptop and pc... A lot of international games on there and news... not sure about premier league yet. Just watched the Palace v Brighton goals on it though

"Brighton know your Place" Mark Bright .....

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Sep 27th 2011 at 10:53 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:02 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by rasen78
If you're happy to pay the subscription, why don't they just add Sky sports to their Virgin package and you pay the difference?

Can't remember if you can view on a mobile device...we got rid of Virgin cos it was rubbish

This link has the packages you can add on

http://shop.virginmedia.com/digital-...ky-sports.html
Thanks for that, she (nor I) didn't realise Sky Sports could be added to Virgin, so thats a definite option - I've told her if she can talk her Dad into it then I will pay most of it, but she has to get herself a job to pay the balance You've never seen a 16 year old start working on their CV faster

Not sure her Dad will go for it, but its worth an ask, if she gets a job he might be willing

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Here you go... Just off the CPFC.BBS... http://www.firstrowsports.tv/

Hopefully it will work on an Ipod.... definitely laptop and pc... A lot of international games on there and news... not sure about premier league yet. Just watched the Palace v Brighton goals on it though

"Brighton know your Place" Mark Bright .....
We'll give that one a go and see if it'll do Premier League - mad Chelsea fan so thats what she's after. The advantage of that over adding to Virgin is that she can run it herself while the rest of the family have the TV on something else, cos she and I are the only football fans around. Sky Sports seems to do something called Sky.go that you can run on a laptop, mobile etc but it only comes with a Sky subscription and as far as I can see adding Sky Sports to the Virgin package doesn't count
Old Sep 27th 2011, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, she (nor I) didn't realise Sky Sports could be added to Virgin, so thats a definite option - I've told her if she can talk her Dad into it then I will pay most of it, but she has to get herself a job to pay the balance You've never seen a 16 year old start working on their CV faster

Not sure her Dad will go for it, but its worth an ask, if she gets a job he might be willing

We'll give that one a go and see if it'll do Premier League - mad Chelsea fan so thats what she's after. The advantage of that over adding to Virgin is that she can run it herself while the rest of the family have the TV on something else, cos she and I are the only football fans around. Sky Sports seems to do something called Sky.go that you can run on a laptop, mobile etc but it only comes with a Sky subscription and as far as I can see adding Sky Sports to the Virgin package doesn't count
It's got Chelsea TV on it... I dont know CTV shows live games or not ?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 3:53 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

We'll give that one a go and see if it'll do Premier League - mad Chelsea fan so thats what she's after.
what a great girl she is!!

I have nothing useful to add to the conversation as I am a self-proclaimed unashamed techno-****wit!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

krazys back is an unknown quantity at this point

If in the UK then Virgin will charge around £25 pm for Sky Sports package. The alternative is someone like frontrowsports but unfortunately, they cant be depended on for great quality everygame - its ok but a bit patchy at times (not forgetting the legality of watching 3pm on Saturday kickoffs in the UK but if you are ok with that then http://www.flashsportstreams.tv/ offer tremendous quality streams for £19.99 per season)
Old Sep 28th 2011, 8:36 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
what a great girl she is!!
Right now she's an extremely noisy girl and is hurling abuse at Valencia at a rate that puts me to shame

Originally Posted by krazys back
If in the UK then Virgin will charge around £25 pm for Sky Sports package. The alternative is someone like frontrowsports but unfortunately, they cant be depended on for great quality everygame - its ok but a bit patchy at times (not forgetting the legality of watching 3pm on Saturday kickoffs in the UK but if you are ok with that then http://www.flashsportstreams.tv/ offer tremendous quality streams for £19.99 per season)
They reckon £22.50 on top of the current package. Will check out the other link, thanks