Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for Perth Residents

One for Perth Residents

Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute
Default One for Perth Residents

FLIES

They're a comin.

Last year we tried attractant traps, candle repellents - you name it.

Anyone found good methods/brands for keeping them away or obliterating the little f#c@er$?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: One for Perth Residents

I suggest finding a quiet little spot in the corner of your garden, depositing the largest, shiniest sh!te you can muster and watch those babies go ...

Just be careful when bbqing, you wouldn't want them interfering with your hot dog after a wee snack ...

Enjoy 'the swarm'

Originally Posted by Bazza Boy
FLIES

They're a comin.

Anyone found good methods/brands for keeping them away or obliterating the little f#c@er$?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

Transam is an unknown quantity at this point

FLIES

They're a comin.

Aeroguard works a bit but Tea tree oil and Cintronella seem to be the best but if you come up with a sure fire 100% method you will be richer than Bill Gates !
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Bazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond reputeBazza Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Transam
Aeroguard works a bit but Tea tree oil and Cintronella seem to be the best but if you come up with a sure fire 100% method you will be richer than Bill Gates !
How do you use the Tea Tree Oil?
Old Oct 9th 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Transam is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you use the Tea Tree Oil?
Rub it in like suntan lotion.
smells nice too.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:27 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Sandalwood sticks are good. They last for hours and don't stink as much as citronella. They are safe to use as well, as you can buy diffusers to put hem in so you don't get burnt.

They're normally used to keep mossies away, but work for flies too
Attached Thumbnails One for Perth Residents-newmoutain_standing_diffuser.jpg   One for Perth Residents-sandalwoodth.jpg  
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:33 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

One other thing that's great for attracting and killing flies is the fly trap.

You can buy them at Bunnings, and you put sachet of powder in, mixed with water, and it attracts the flies in side, and they die.

Not very pleasant to empty, but never mind
Attached Thumbnails One for Perth Residents-envirosafe_fly_trap.jpg  
Old Oct 9th 2008, 4:35 pm

If all else fails....a bee keeper outfit!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I went back to Perth after spending ten years in Brisbane last January. Qantas lost one of my bags and I had to attend a family reunion down in Albany the next day. So I'm driving down to Albany in convoy with my family and we stop for lunch, I get a call from Qantas about my bag so I step outside the cafe and all of a sudden, I'm choking - the girl on the other end wonders what's going on - I swallowed a fly - first day back in WA!!!!!

My advice, just eat them.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

You can buy them at Bunnings, and you put sachet of powder in, mixed with water, and it attracts the flies in side, and they die.

Yeh, tried those last year. Caught a few, but still had a load around the table.

Will give the sandalwood sticks a go, thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

found them to be brilliant - my son who is 5 loves watching the flies going in and then shouts out " die fly "

think he might need help
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:25 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
found them to be brilliant - my son who is 5 loves watching the flies going in and then shouts out " die fly "

think he might need help
LMAO!

Aint kids great! They just see it and say it!

Em x
Old Oct 10th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Sue _ Mo will become famous soon enough

You can buy a can of spray called 'Fogger" friend swear by it. I think it's ok but I think you have to use enough to take a few years of your life (and the ozone!!) But it does do something. Sandlewood is better for Mozzies at night eat lots of garlic to keep mozzies away.

I had a fly trap which we kept down "poo alley" (where the dog does her good deeds) it was great but the neighbours couldn't stand the smell of it - it was worse than the poo!!!!! But it was a pleasure to watch those buggers get caught
Old Oct 10th 2008, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

movin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nicemovin'on is just really nice

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I suggest finding a quiet little spot in the corner of your garden, depositing the largest, shiniest sh!te you can muster and watch those babies go ...

Just be careful when bbqing, you wouldn't want them interfering with your hot dog after a wee snack ...

Enjoy 'the swarm'

LMAO!!!! Do you recommend human or animal?! I have a husband & kids but no pets!!!!
Old May 10th 2009, 8:41 am

The flies actually haven't been bad this summer....haven't seen many at all, and they certainly haven't bothered me like they normally do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.