Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Wikiposts

One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)

Old Jun 21st 2006, 5:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One for the Lady's only!!!

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Just imagining is making my eyes water - not sure I'm brave enough to click on the link
Sorry just the idea is making me giggle big time, I haven't looked but bit concerned about the removal
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:09 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Sorry just the idea is making me giggle big time, I haven't looked but bit concerned about the removal
I have been brave and looked at the site - it looks like an empty party popper but without the stringy bit

not sure how you suppose to remove and surely a bit messy having to use whilst out & about?

btw lilets in the cupboard for when I have to use the darn things again
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:15 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by walaj
I have been brave and looked at the site - it looks like an empty party popper but without the stringy bit

not sure how you suppose to remove and surely a bit messy having to use whilst out & about?

btw lilets in the cupboard for when I have to use the darn things again

Well that was an eye opener Walaj - for some reason I always thought you were a bloke :scared: Don't ask me why!!

I braved that site too and dont fancy popping one of those in every few hours either! Obviously you'd need to rinse it out after each time you take it out - imagine coming out of public toilets heading for the sink with one of those in your hand!! :scared:

For those not brave enough to go to the site - heres a litte preview :-
Attached Thumbnails One for the Ladies only!!!(and VERY VERY brave men!)-menstrual-cup-mooncup.jpg  

Last edited by tygwyn; Jun 21st 2006 at 6:18 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau

The only problem with the buy a different box every time is you end up with cupboard full of faliures that you never want to use again... .
Your local women's refuge would be delighted to receive them
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:26 pm
medusas peligrosas

mozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond reputemozoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
http://www.divacup.com/

Q+A will give you a better idea of how these work.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tygwyn

imagine coming out of public toilets heading for the sink with one of those in your hand!! :scared:

It drives me dotty that you can't dispose down the toilet. And you are not supposed to throw Kleenex moist thingies down the toilet either I'm having at least 2 showers a day when I am on, probably be 3 in the summer.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:44 pm
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

For those not brave enough to go to the site - heres a litte preview :-[/QUOTE]

OMG !! :scared: looks a little strange doesnt it, i wonder how easy it is to remove
I am fortunate that i dont need to buy tampons any longer since i got the Mirena Coil, if and when i do have anything, a liner is more than enough

God, i hope no blokes are reading this !!!
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunbather

It drives me dotty that you can't dispose down the toilet. And you are not supposed to throw Kleenex moist thingies down the toilet either I'm having at least 2 showers a day when I am on, probably be 3 in the summer.
Could I suggest from my medical perspective that if it's affecting your life (daily activities) that much, a chat with a Dr/Gynae may be helpful?

Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Could I suggest from my medical perspective that if it's affecting your life (daily activities) that much, a chat with a Dr/Gynae may be helpful?

Time of life. At least I'll not be forever before I come out the other side of the tunnel
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:49 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Jesus that mooncup things looks like an avent baby teat turned upside down (I'm assuming it doesn't have the hole in though), mmm imediate thought is of uuuuuugggggghhhhhh! walking around with 30mls sloshing is not appealing.

It's the old fashioned diaphragm re invented in silicone isn't it. Bet she's not smiling like that when she takes it out and it's slopping all over....God! I never expected to have my eyes opened this much on this thread and I'm a nurse.

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Check out http://www.mooncup.co.uk/index.html

I have got several friends who use them and swear by them. Some who suffered from very heavy periods have experienced an improvement in both flow and pain levels since using them.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 6:52 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got 4 possible menstruating females coming for a month, waiting till they have been to get the septic flushed just in case they can't grasp the brown and yellow down the pan only concept.
Old Jun 21st 2006, 7:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute

[Strange Aussie make Libra don't even put knots in the strings so much inferior.

Men told you not to look this one's just for the Lady's.[/QUOTE]

I use the Libra ones - always did as I used to have very heavy periods (before the pill). When I went to the UK I struggled to find a brand that was as absorbant. I don't remember the knots in strings though! I vaguely remember that the two strings are separated so that if one gets 'lost' you still had the other....

S
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:00 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Well, this has made interesting reading, so now I'm off to Tesco to stock up on a couple of years worth (at least) that I can pack and bring with me.

And unlike my sil who gets people to bring cherry lips, walnut whips and jelly tots I shall be asking for Tampons

Shirley
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:09 pm

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Time of life. At least I'll not be forever before I come out the other side of the tunnel
Ditto - and sympathy! My *cycle* (that's a laugh!) is keeping me practically housebound nowadays. End of the tunnel can't come quick enough for me right now....
Old Jun 21st 2006, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

I was going to ask about tampons but was too shy. If any one wants some sent over i would be more than happy to bulk buy lillets and sent some over for you ladies.

Has any one thought of contacting the company that make lillets to see if they do stock them in oz?

Right i shall be buying loads from now on and if neccesary with bring millions of boxes over.
Thanks Ann for highlighting such an important issue for us ladies.
Mandy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.