Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

OMG they are here!!!!!!

Wikiposts

OMG they are here!!!!!!

Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OMG they are here!!!!!!

Originally Posted by commonwealth
she needs some toner or foundation
her pores are showing

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...a_2886451k.jpg
That Aussie sun...those Aussie conditions...

She looks better than your average Pri-mark Mum.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 1:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Espadrilles, she has the height to carry off flats. But I think it would be hard to look appropriate when everyone else is wearing pink speedos

One thing I notice about W&K is they genuinely seem to have a laugh together, a lot of royal couples seem quite aloof, they dont.
Which is great as sometimes Wills gets picked on when Harry gets all the 'he's the normal one' attention.
Old Apr 18th 2014, 3:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

And do you find it so hard to shut your ugly, fat mouth that spins into action every time you read a thread you don't agree with.

That is ugly lady, not how you or anyone else looks, its your gutter gob.
As you say, let's go with that
Old Apr 18th 2014, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
If you will frequent a gym, then you've only yourself to blame really

Gym again today, bad timing, Just as Wakky arrive in brisvegas. You cant escape the telly, there is an entire wall of them in front of the cardio equipment. So what do they show?, a good 20 mins of several white sedans driving through brisbane motorway, riveting
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
I never knew you were an Aussie fish.
Bloody oath cobber

OK I'm sorry but I have to disagree and stick with my first claim that Britain would indeed be pretty much worthless without the Royal Family.
Britain in 2014 hasn't got that much going for it
Well we're starting from very different places...I'm not going to try and change your mind cause I could do a "long" list of things Britain has going for it without mentioning the royals...don't get me started talking

but what it does have going for it is somewhat influenced by the Royals either directly or indirectly.
It is the great wash of people of GB who have made it great imo.

Here are a few examples that I think are worth mentioning;

1.) The countryside here is stunning, the Yorkshire Dales , the Lake District, the Cotswolds, the Highlands in Scotland, etc, etc... Theses places really are something else, most of which are owned, looked after to a high standard and protected by the Monarch. Were these lands not protected, I'm sure that someone in Government would have sold them on by now, maybe to an Arab or whoever, or maybe built on them to house new immigrants and the ever growing population.
As it stands today, nothing of the sort can be done to these beautiful landscapes. Most are Crown lands and therefore protected against such absurdities.
Are you sure ? We have crown land here in Australia and while it means it is nominally the land of the monarch, in reality all control of it is performed by the govt. I thought in the UK the crown estates were given back to the govt a long time ago and crown land in general is administered by the govt.

I won't answer the rest of you points as I promised I wouldn't be silly and try and change your mind, and I'm much more interested in Australian democracy and governance when it comes to this topic. I shall leave your mob to decide your fate as it is a totally different discussion to the question of foreign royals representing Australia.

Last edited by fish.01; Apr 19th 2014 at 2:36 am.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

One thing I notice about W&K is they genuinely seem to have a laugh together, a lot of royal couples seem quite aloof, they dont.
Yeah I agree Jad, and they do seem very much in love which is a first for the Royals

Originally Posted by fish.01
Bloody oath cobber

Are you sure ? We have crown land here in Australia and while it means it is nominally the land of the monarch, in reality all control of it is performed by the govt. I thought in the UK the crown estates were given back to the govt a long time ago and crown land in general is administered by the govt.

I won't answer the rest of you points as I promised I wouldn't be silly and try and change your mind, and I'm much more interested in Australian democracy and governance when it comes to this topic. I shall leave your mob to decide your fate as it is a totally different discussion to the question of foreign royals representing Australia.

I think it varies depending which Commonwealth country, I know it's different in Canada and probably in Australia too. Here it's an independent organisation that deals with the land called the Crown Estate Commissionaires.
The Queen does own the land but she doesn't have the right to sell it. The Government can't sell it either, however I think they could put plans forward for the land under exceptional circumstances, then it would be up to the CEC to decided on the fate of the land.

I'd never change my mind about my beliefs to do with this subject. I feel very passionate about it, which on top of me being a stubborn and a strong willed mare, I can tell you now you'd just be wasting your time.

May I just add to that though that It doesn't bother me in any way if Australia want out of the Commonwealth, I can sort of understand them not being pro Royal over there.

By the way, a totally unrelated subject now - did you ever get that camera for your bike and if yes is it any good?
Old Apr 21st 2014, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

...May I just add to that though that It doesn't bother me in any way if Australia want out of the Commonwealth, I can sort of understand them not being pro Royal over there.
Just a few trivial points on this:
- becoming a republic would not mean leaving the commonwealth. The majority of nations in the commonwealth are republics.
- wanting a republic isn't necessarily anti royal (not that you said that). Just wanted to emphasise that you don't have to be anti royal to think they no longer belong as a part of the democractic political/head of state process. They could still have a ceremonial and tourist role in the uk for example.

By the way, a totally unrelated subject now - did you ever get that camera for your bike and if yes is it any good?
The fly6 ? They have delivered to the kickstarter early adopters. I think mine is coming in May

I did get this last week for picking the 3 year old up from pre-kindy though

WeeHoo iGo Pro by fish.2, on Flickr
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 5:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

The fly6 ? They have delivered to the kickstarter early adopters. I think mine is coming in May

I did get this last week for picking the 3 year old up from pre-kindy though

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2912/...00494e12_b.jpgWeeHoo iGo Pro by fish.2, on Flickr

Yeah it was the one from Kickstarter. I just wondered if it was any good, you must let me know if you remember.

Oh yes, very nice, I bet your little one enjoys it in there. Is that a bag on the back, the red bit? Did you get it from Kickstarter?
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 9:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yeah it was the one from Kickstarter. I just wondered if it was any good, you must let me know if you remember.

Oh yes, very nice, I bet your little one enjoys it in there. Is that a bag on the back, the red bit? Did you get it from Kickstarter?
Ask me again in May...my memory is terrible

Yes, two handy panniers over the back wheel. Kindy stuff going into them for the trip home. She has the option to pedal and contribute if she feels like it or, more likely, sit back and eat an apple or something

Bought it at my LBS.
Old Apr 22nd 2014, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ask me again in May...my memory is terrible

Yes, two handy panniers over the back wheel. Kindy stuff going into them for the trip home. She has the option to pedal and contribute if she feels like it or, more likely, sit back and eat an apple or something

Bought it at my LBS.

Yeah I will.

I didn't spot the pedals for her to use, cool.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:38 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

And do you find it so hard to shut your ugly, fat mouth that spins into action every time you read a thread you don't agree with.

That is ugly lady, not how you or anyone else looks, its your gutter gob.
Ah you've met Northernbird
Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:44 pm
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Losing the Royal family would be a huge blow for this country, it wouldnt be the end by any means as there are millions of other things that make the coutry great but it would be a sad day. I dont see it ever happening in the same way I dont see Australia becoming a republic.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst not an ardent fan of certain royals, I do admire the Queen, and the steadfastness she has shown doing her duty and being a calm head in stormy waters. She is greatly respected as a constant figure in the enormous comings and goings of assorted heads of state and politicians throughout her reign, and leaders do discuss things with her in private, so although she has very few constitutional powers, her advice is something that is considered carefully.

The generation of royals of my age are a bit of a waste of space, though I do like HRH the Princess Royal, whom I have met and who is a very no nonsense down to earth woman who guards her privacy and has tried to bring up her children in as "normal" a manner as she can. (And as a horse mad kid she let me feed her horses after I had held hers when she fell off at the local horse trials!!)

I hope that William and Catherine do not blot their copybook- think she is coping well with the media frenzy. Far more well adjusted than Diana thank goodness.
Old Apr 26th 2014, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Whilst not an ardent fan of certain royals, I do admire the Queen, and the steadfastness she has shown doing her duty and being a calm head in stormy waters. She is greatly respected as a constant figure in the enormous comings and goings of assorted heads of state and politicians throughout her reign, and leaders do discuss things with her in private, so although she has very few constitutional powers, her advice is something that is considered carefully.

The generation of royals of my age are a bit of a waste of space, though I do like HRH the Princess Royal, whom I have met and who is a very no nonsense down to earth woman who guards her privacy and has tried to bring up her children in as "normal" a manner as she can. (And as a horse mad kid she let me feed her horses after I had held hers when she fell off at the local horse trials!!)

I hope that William and Catherine do not blot their copybook- think she is coping well with the media frenzy. Far more well adjusted than Diana thank goodness.

One thing about the queen, dignity, puts on that 'royal' front, no matter the situation. But a lot of ladies of that era are like that, my partners Australian Great Aunts in Sydney were charming, refined, from another era....

Not a big fan of any royal family, but the baby was very cute, looked more like a 2 year old wrestler than 8 month old . Loved his scowly face, like he was already looking down his nose at the subjects below

But while a million kids starved to death in the third world, we it they ? whoever showered one kid with a plane load of toys, cloaks, gems, its all very weird like we are back in the 15th century.