Oldies checking in

Old Mar 30th 2023, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oldies checking in

Originally Posted by Kim67
I haven't been on here for years. Was just sitting here chatting with my partner about the good old days of posting on this forum. We met through BE almost a decade ago and were wondering who is still active from those days. I still see a few old members and thought I'd pop in to say hi.
Romance is not dead on BE then! That’s very sweet, Kim67.

I was active in 2008 and recently rediscovered the forum. I recognised many old faces too, Maybe forums will revive when people have had a gutful of social media and when the world settles a bit,and there might be more migration.

And hello over there Pollyanna, I hope home is all your heart hoped for :-)

Old Mar 30th 2023, 12:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rainydaze

I was active in 2008 and recently rediscovered the forum. I recognised many old faces too, Maybe forums will revive when people have had a gutful of social media and when the world settles a bit,and there might be more migration.

Good to see you've rediscovered BE. I also joined in 2008 and haven't been active for a few years now. It's great to reconnect with everyone still on the forum.

I've met some fabulous friends here. My first internet date was with Poitin when we lived in Dubai. Poiton and her family are in Brisbane too now and is one of my dearest friends. As for romance, we're not the only couple to meet here and hopefully won't be the last, easier than swiping left or right
Old Mar 30th 2023, 3:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Thought you'd like that.

Enjoy your time there.

Had any seagull sandwiches yet?
Nope, but lots of good fish and chip!!

Hey Poll. Hope yoH're setting into your new digs and not missing Brisvegas too much.
Loving it, and not a single moment of wishing I was back in Brisbane!

Originally Posted by Rainydaze

Its great, thanks! Everything I thought it would be. and more. Very happy to be home

Good to see you've rediscovered BE. I also joined in 2008 and haven't been active for a few years now. It's great to reconnect with everyone still on the forum.

I've met some fabulous friends here. My first internet date was with Poitin when we lived in Dubai. Poiton and her family are in Brisbane too now and is one of my dearest friends. As for romance, we're not the only couple to meet here and hopefully won't be the last, easier than swiping left or right
Yep there have been a few who have met on here, some married and some de facto. I think the first in the Aus forum was Bundy, many years ago, who met and married a fellow BE-er, and they then went on to have at least 2 kids.
Old Mar 31st 2023, 12:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Rainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond reputeRainydaze has a reputation beyond repute

I love those stories!

I was already attached when I joined. I must have typed “spouse visa” 1000 times lol
Old Mar 31st 2023, 4:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been on here for years. Was just sitting here chatting with my partner about the good old days of posting on this forum. We met through BE almost a decade ago and were wondering who is still active from those days. I still see a few old members and thought I'd pop in to say hi.
G'day! Still here
Old Mar 31st 2023, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Its great, thanks! Everything I thought it would be. and more. Very happy to be home

Yep there have been a few who have met on here, some married and some de facto. I think the first in the Aus forum was Bundy, many years ago, who met and married a fellow BE-er, and they then went on to have at least 2 kids.
Good to hear you've landed happily. Looking forward to seeing the GBM from Brighton Pavilion tomorrow!!!
Old Mar 31st 2023, 4:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
Good to hear you've landed happily. Looking forward to seeing the GBM from Brighton Pavilion tomorrow!!!
I adore the Pavilion, though its years since I've been round it. Always used to have a wander round when my Dad came down to visit. Hope they show plenty of the decor during the banquet!
Old Apr 3rd 2023, 10:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Kim67,

I am still here. How are you? 🫠
Lol.

I recently decided to pop in again after left in 2020 fed up of the blatant racist, misogynistic crap from particular poster(s) that went unchecked.
Old Apr 4th 2023, 7:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quoll
G'day! Still here
G'day to you too. It has been a while indeed.
Old Apr 4th 2023, 7:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

You not missing the Windsor? 😉
Old Apr 4th 2023, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

I hardly ever check in or post, i never really engaged with anyone, but grateful for advice given in the early days.
Old Apr 5th 2023, 8:25 pm
Home and Happy

You not missing the Windsor? 😉
So far I can honestly say I am not missing anything!! Especially not the "pubs", I am just loving being back in the land of real pubs and proper beer!
Old Apr 8th 2023, 1:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Lol.

I recently decided to pop in again after left in 2020 fed up of the blatant racist, misogynistic crap from particular poster(s) that went unchecked.
I'm looking forward to our next meeting, must be time for you to visit Brisvegas!
Old Apr 8th 2023, 1:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So far I can honestly say I am not missing anything!! Especially not the "pubs", I am just loving being back in the land of real pubs and proper beer!
I'm reckon Brian misses us
Old Apr 10th 2023, 9:50 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm looking forward to our next meeting, must be time for you to visit Brisvegas!
Funny you should say that. I've been looking at long weekend getaway destinations. Perhaps June/July ish.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.