British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/ok-where-all-mums-toddlers-hiding-409561/)

liver bird Nov 22nd 2006 11:20 am

ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

not that I'm paranoid or anything!! haven't been online for ages as have had no internet but we now have rental and are living in The Gap (anyone out there?). Have joined a church toddler group and met up with a couple of lovely mums from expats but i go out and the streets adn parks are empty.... is like some weird sci fi film!! where are the people?? are all the mums and toddlers hiding in the malls or do they just not go out form 10-3pm?? mine are nearly three and sixteen months and going mad with boredom!! have done southbank, museum and lone pine so far and have met some lovely bus drivers (we have no car to add to the horror) any one out there with some tips to meet people and not look like a stalker??!!!

samnsam Nov 22nd 2006 11:54 am

Re: ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

Originally Posted by liver bird
not that I'm paranoid or anything!! haven't been online for ages as have had no internet but we now have rental and are living in The Gap (anyone out there?). Have joined a church toddler group and met up with a couple of lovely mums from expats but i go out and the streets adn parks are empty.... is like some weird sci fi film!! where are the people?? are all the mums and toddlers hiding in the malls or do they just not go out form 10-3pm?? mine are nearly three and sixteen months and going mad with boredom!! have done southbank, museum and lone pine so far and have met some lovely bus drivers (we have no car to add to the horror) any one out there with some tips to meet people and not look like a stalker??!!!

Stepford Wives springs to mind.

liver bird Nov 22nd 2006 11:59 am

Originally Posted by samnsam
Stepford Wives springs to mind.

:) Would be grateful to meet up with even them! do I have to dye hair blonde adn drop half my bodyweight??!!! :D

The O'Neills Nov 22nd 2006 12:12 pm

just out of curiosity, where is The Gap?

Nic

samnsam Nov 22nd 2006 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
just out of curiosity, where is The Gap?

Nic

You will find one on most high streets

The O'Neills Nov 22nd 2006 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by samnsam
You will find one on most high streets

:p

liver bird Nov 23rd 2006 8:12 am

Hiya, the gap is lovely v green with loads of wildlife and about half an hour by bus from brisbane cbd. It's near ashgrove and about ten mins on the bus from Bardon but hasn't got any train links but the buses are good!

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
:p

moneypenny20 Nov 23rd 2006 8:21 am

You've not heard the rhyme - "From 10 till 3 avoid UV" then ;) It's on the radio all the time. Might be why you don't see mums with their kids in the parks :D

Larissa Nov 24th 2006 8:47 am

Check out the "bubhub" x

liver bird Nov 25th 2006 10:46 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You've not heard the rhyme - "From 10 till 3 avoid UV" then ;) It's on the radio all the time. Might be why you don't see mums with their kids in the parks :D

nope! what a div I am!! will have to wise up!! but seriously where do they go - to the air con malls????

liver bird Nov 25th 2006 10:47 am

Originally Posted by Larissa
Check out the "bubhub" x

ok have lost the plot, sorry! er, what's that? think I need another cup of tea! :eek:

Issie Nov 25th 2006 11:03 am

ok have lost the plot, sorry! er, what's that? think I need another cup of tea! :eek:

I think it is an online mums and toddlers group ...help and advice forum too :confused:

liver bird Nov 25th 2006 11:13 am

Originally Posted by Issie
I think it is an online mums and toddlers group ...help and advice forum too :confused:

ooh ta will google it!