Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute
Default ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

not that I'm paranoid or anything!! haven't been online for ages as have had no internet but we now have rental and are living in The Gap (anyone out there?). Have joined a church toddler group and met up with a couple of lovely mums from expats but i go out and the streets adn parks are empty.... is like some weird sci fi film!! where are the people?? are all the mums and toddlers hiding in the malls or do they just not go out form 10-3pm?? mine are nearly three and sixteen months and going mad with boredom!! have done southbank, museum and lone pine so far and have met some lovely bus drivers (we have no car to add to the horror) any one out there with some tips to meet people and not look like a stalker??!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:54 am
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ok... where are all the mums and toddlers hiding?!!!!

Originally Posted by liver bird
not that I'm paranoid or anything!! haven't been online for ages as have had no internet but we now have rental and are living in The Gap (anyone out there?). Have joined a church toddler group and met up with a couple of lovely mums from expats but i go out and the streets adn parks are empty.... is like some weird sci fi film!! where are the people?? are all the mums and toddlers hiding in the malls or do they just not go out form 10-3pm?? mine are nearly three and sixteen months and going mad with boredom!! have done southbank, museum and lone pine so far and have met some lovely bus drivers (we have no car to add to the horror) any one out there with some tips to meet people and not look like a stalker??!!!
Stepford Wives springs to mind.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

liver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond reputeliver bird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnsam
Stepford Wives springs to mind.
Would be grateful to meet up with even them! do I have to dye hair blonde adn drop half my bodyweight??!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:12 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

just out of curiosity, where is The Gap?

Nic
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The O'Neills
just out of curiosity, where is The Gap?

Nic
You will find one on most high streets
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 2:00 pm
Homeward bound

The O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond reputeThe O'Neills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samnsam
You will find one on most high streets
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Hiya, the gap is lovely v green with loads of wildlife and about half an hour by bus from brisbane cbd. It's near ashgrove and about ten mins on the bus from Bardon but hasn't got any train links but the buses are good!
Originally Posted by The O'Neills
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 8:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You've not heard the rhyme - "From 10 till 3 avoid UV" then It's on the radio all the time. Might be why you don't see mums with their kids in the parks
Old Nov 24th 2006, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the "bubhub" x
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You've not heard the rhyme - "From 10 till 3 avoid UV" then It's on the radio all the time. Might be why you don't see mums with their kids in the parks
nope! what a div I am!! will have to wise up!! but seriously where do they go - to the air con malls????
Old Nov 25th 2006, 10:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Larissa
Check out the "bubhub" x
ok have lost the plot, sorry! er, what's that? think I need another cup of tea!
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:03 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

ok have lost the plot, sorry! er, what's that? think I need another cup of tea!
I think it is an online mums and toddlers group ...help and advice forum too
Old Nov 25th 2006, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Issie
I think it is an online mums and toddlers group ...help and advice forum too
ooh ta will google it!