Oi Carbery!

Old Oct 27th 2011, 11:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oi Carbery!

Quite simply amazing.... That was definitely the best football I've ever seen a team play in Australia tonight. Including the National team. What a bloody treat !

Brisbane Roar would have to be close to Premier League level. Your making history guys.

Guess what.... MV will beat you next week... Gotta fall down somewhere and MV cannot keep playing badly.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

After tonights performance it may pay to bring 1000 defenders unstead of supporters
Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
76 days.... till Brisbane cops a tidal wave from down South.

I wonder what NYE will be like in Brisbane with over 1000 MV supporters in town.

Caviet... we'd better win a couple of games first before we get that many travellers.

Off to tonights game... bloody raining here so may not hit 40K for the derby.

Old Oct 28th 2011, 9:55 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Typical! The one game this year I can't make and it was this one!!!!!!!

Bloody season ticket!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Bloody season ticket!
I think we are looking at real top Championship level football for the first time in this Country with Brisbane Roar. Although I will add it's hard to judge given the probable league 1 standard opposition. There again Man U only beat Aldershot 3-0.

Really enjoying watching them. I'd love to be able to see how they would fair in the Championship back in the UK.

Sad side to this.... MV probably have a better squad.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders

Bloody season ticket!
Bloody belter of a game mate but strangely enough even though the scoreline read 7-1 i'd still like to see a shooter (aka Shane Smeltz) type brought into the team as it appears once again no one will take on the responsibility of taking a pop from outside the box just like last season.Out of the 7 goals last night the furthest one out was from the penalty spot!
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good support last night as well.... The atmosphere is getting noticeably better at Suncorp... hardly surprising with all those wins in a row.

Wonder if we will see this bloke in Europe/UK managing eventually ? After Melbourne of course.

Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:53 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Bloody belter of a game mate but strangely enough even though the scoreline read 7-1 i'd still like to see a shooter (aka Shane Smeltz) type brought into the team as it appears once again no one will take on the responsibility of taking a pop from outside the box just like last season.Out of the 7 goals last night the furthest one out was from the penalty spot!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a juniors coach and earlier in the year Brisbane Football put on a coaches clinic. It was a great weekend of learning with some really good speakers/coaches doing two hour sessions in front of us. Ange came along to do a session with some kids to show us the Roar training sessions in action. It was really interesting, because he showed us that his vision is for all goals they score to be training ground taps-ins from within or just outside the 6 yard box. I asked him what was plan B when this wasn't working and I used the way Central Coast shut us out very effectively over the two finals games as an example. His answer; "Plan B is just to do plan A better".

Now most people's experience would say you have to have a plan b game plan that differs from plan A, but Ange is adament to play this way and hell, it works!!!! So who are we to argue.

It was great to watch his sessions as he really got stuck into the kids when they lost patience and went for the shot from outside the box or crossed the ball in for a header. When you watch the Roar play, you will hardly ever see a cross in the air from outside the box (ecept maybe the first half of the Gold Coast game last week) and therefore I suppose the style of player like Smeltz would be wasted at Roar, essentially all we need is another attacking midfielder who is a sharp finisher and Berisha certainly seems to be that.
Old Oct 28th 2011, 7:54 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Good support last night as well.... The atmosphere is getting noticeably better at Suncorp... hardly surprising with all those wins in a row.

Wonder if we will see this bloke in Europe/UK managing eventually ? After Melbourne of course.

http://images.brisbanetimes.com.au/2..._420-420x0.jpg
Last night was our lowest turnout so far this season (11,500)
Old Oct 29th 2011, 12:23 am
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

I still think GCU have a pretty good team - first half against Roar we outplayed you. Also last nights result makes our 3-0 loss more respectable. We will be 4th after beating the Jets tomorrow afternoon..