Oh. Omicron

Old Sep 1st 2022, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh. Omicron

Isolation reduced from 7 to 5 days. Is anyone actually still isolating at all?

https://www.news.com.au/breaking-new...9883bebbdc2f9e

“The AMA, like a lot of medical groups and doctors around the country, were puzzled by the decision yesterday; the political decision to reduce isolation,” he said.

“We’re puzzled they won’t release the health advice underpinning that … we’re calling for that to be released, so the politicians can justify to the public why they’re making this decision.”

Looks like another nutty pandemic professor is still trying to make themselves relevant. That was so 2020. Newsflash. The medics don't run the country any more. You provide the medical risk assessment, and others throw that in with all the other parts of a functioning society and make a decision.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, can I ask, if one family member has not been vaccinated, and refuses to be vaccinated for personal reasons which are private to him or her; will it have any effect on the quality of life in Australia, in any state? Just looking for examples really.....

I ask because in the UK it pretty much has zero effect on the quality of life; would that be different in any of the states in Australia.

For example would it affect job opportunities or gaining entrance to any services or establishments?

Old Nov 23rd 2022, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Rather depends on the state. Victoria is more draconian than NSW for example and I believe QLD is right up there with draconian measures. Cant say that it has impacted us much but, then, we arent wanting jobs although I saw it was a requirement for a volunteer position I was interested in (their loss) and I think agencies like the SES continue to mandate it for their volunteers. I think there are still some employers who require vaccinations but the national government says there is no mandate, it is up to employers.
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 2:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting that the "omicron isn't so bad" crowd stopped posting when it became known that even with a lower mortality rate it was infecting so many people that just as many were hospitalised or died as with the "less dangerous" variety.

Old Nov 23rd 2022, 3:50 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sign
Hi, can I ask, if one family member has not been vaccinated, and refuses to be vaccinated for personal reasons which are private to him or her; will it have any effect on the quality of life in Australia, in any state? Just looking for examples really.....

I ask because in the UK it pretty much has zero effect on the quality of life; would that be different in any of the states in Australia.

For example would it affect job opportunities or gaining entrance to any services or establishments?
Originally Posted by quoll
Rather depends on the state. Victoria is more draconian than NSW for example and I believe QLD is right up there with draconian measures. Cant say that it has impacted us much but, then, we arent wanting jobs although I saw it was a requirement for a volunteer position I was interested in (their loss) and I think agencies like the SES continue to mandate it for their volunteers. I think there are still some employers who require vaccinations but the national government says there is no mandate, it is up to employers.
Some government departments in Qld, including Qld Police, still insist on vaccines for employment. However Qld Fire, do not, and they are currently the ones making the rules for Qld SES.
No current vaccine requirements in Qld for entry to public places, flights etc, in spite of regular scare stories in the media about how we are all going to be dead by next week.
Old Nov 24th 2022, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

sign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond reputesign has a reputation beyond repute

Quoll, Polly, cheers guys, any feedback from WA or SA?
Old Nov 27th 2022, 10:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Interesting that the "omicron isn't so bad" crowd stopped posting when it became known that even with a lower mortality rate it was infecting so many people that just as many were hospitalised or died as with the "less dangerous" variety.
It wasn't for me. If this nonsense hadn't been so prominent in the news I wouldn't have even known I had it. Had a stick kicking around, quick test, oh yeah it's Covid. Best cold I have ever had.

However, if you are in the "Covid is so bad camp" what do you propose the world should do? Lock down again?
Old Nov 27th 2022, 11:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
It wasn't for me.
Oh well, that's alright then.
However, if you are in the "Covid is so bad camp" what do you propose the world should do? Lock down again?
Ah right, because the only choice other than ignoring it and letting it run rampant is to have full on lock down again.

Old Nov 28th 2022, 1:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh well, that's alright then.
The flu kills to you know. So do cars. So does alcohol.

Ah right, because the only choice other than ignoring it and letting it run rampant is to have full on lock down again.
Isn't it? What other choices are you suggesting?
Old Nov 28th 2022, 10:09 am
Oscar nominated

The flu kills to you know. So do cars. So does alcohol.
That's the best you can do? Tired old irrelevancies.
Isn't it? What other choices are you suggesting?
It's not me suggesting them it's the people with some relevant knowledge. You know, medical people.

This is where you say "you'd like us to follow the China example."
Old Nov 28th 2022, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

That's the best you can do? Tired old irrelevancies.

It's not me suggesting them it's the people with some relevant knowledge. You know, medical people.

This is where you say "you'd like us to follow the China example."
Medical people. Not the best answer. The same medical people that prevented so much in life.

Thankfully they are no longer running the country. Just advising as they should be. Bit like what they did in Sweden.
​​
Old Nov 28th 2022, 3:55 pm
Oscar nominated

Thankfully they are no longer running the country. Just advising as they should be. Bit like what they did in Sweden.
Ah yes, that shining example of a place that initially did nothing and showed how unwise that was when they had the worst record of anywhere in the same part of the world that did take measures. And then they learned that they should be taking certain measures and things improved dramatically.
In a survey by Sweden’s Public Health Agency from the spring of 2020, more than 80% of Swedes reported they had adjusted their behaviour, for example by practising social distancing, avoiding crowds and public transport, and working from home. Aggregated mobile data confirmed that Swedes reduced their travel and mobility during the pandemic.

Swedes were not forced to take action against the spread of the virus, but they did so anyway.
Funny that.
But you carry on believing that no legislation meant no behaviour changes if it makes you feel happy.
Old Nov 28th 2022, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ah yes, that shining example of a place that initially did nothing and showed how unwise that was when they had the worst record of anywhere in the same part of the world that did take measures. And then they learned that they should be taking certain measures and things improved dramatically.
Funny that.
But you carry on believing that no legislation meant no behaviour changes if it makes you feel happy.
What makes me happy like what Sweden offered is people making their own decisions. If they don't want to get sick, stay away from people, wear a mask, get a tonne of vaccine. Like any illness, people make choices. Messing with people's mental health, destroying people financially, is something many medical people took too lightly. From here, we are done. Vaccines make Covid light on, if you aren't up to date or follow that my body my choice nonsense, bad luck. Get sick. The rest of us have moved on.
Old Nov 28th 2022, 11:16 pm
Oscar nominated

What makes me happy like what Sweden offered is people making their own decisions. If they don't want to get sick, stay away from people, wear a mask, get a tonne of vaccine....
Since you mentioned cars earlier, how about people making their own decisions on driving.

If you don't want to get in an accident, don't drive. If you do drive, stay away from other cars. If you want to speed that's your decision. For others just make your own decision and hope that speedsters don't crash their cars into you. Wear a seatbelt but allow others not to. Choose to drive a car with minimum safety standards but allow others to drive deathtraps that take others with them to an inferno. Safety barriers, sleeping policemen, traffic lights and other traffic calming measures like chicanes...scrap the lot. Give motorists back their freedoms.

That's a consistent approach isn't it?
Old Nov 29th 2022, 12:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Since you mentioned cars earlier, how about people making their own decisions on driving.

If you don't want to get in an accident, don't drive. If you do drive, stay away from other cars. If you want to speed that's your decision. For others just make your own decision and hope that speedsters don't crash their cars into you. Wear a seatbelt but allow others not to. Choose to drive a car with minimum safety standards but allow others to drive deathtraps that take others with them to an inferno. Safety barriers, sleeping policemen, traffic lights and other traffic calming measures like chicanes...scrap the lot. Give motorists back their freedoms.

That's a consistent approach isn't it?
Correct. If you don't want to be injured or killed by a car stay away from them. Not hard is it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.