Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oh no....I think I do this.....do you?

Oh no....I think I do this.....do you?

Old May 1st 2009, 9:49 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh no....I think I do this.....do you?

yes I was terrible, plus a mate pointed out I was worse becase I didnt have kids and I talked to the pets like they were my substitute kids
Old May 1st 2009, 9:51 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
As for cats, wouldn't give them the time of day, apart from a kick up the arse!
And I bet you only do that when no-one is looking
Old May 1st 2009, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We went to the RSPCA to get a dog and returned with a cat. (We do know the difference).

She was alarmed on the way home, so I was talking to her in a baby voice the way my mother used to and my wife cringed.

Within a week she was doing the same - her higher pitch seemed to hit the spot perfectly.

The hardest bit was then having a baby, and inadvertently calling the new baby the same name, and not talking to it the same way.

I still call my daughters "Baby girl" the way I addressed the kitty.
Old May 1st 2009, 1:36 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
And I bet you only do that when no-one is looking
I wouldn't really! just don't like cats, they are sleekit!
Old May 1st 2009, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Possums
yes I was terrible, plus a mate pointed out I was worse becase I didnt have kids and I talked to the pets like they were my substitute kids
Never say that, kids are just substitute cats.....
Old May 1st 2009, 2:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

When I was a kid, we had a family dog called Nipper. My mum would let him out in the garden in the morning to have a shit and then a short while later would stand on the back doorstep and call him in by shouting (imagine a high pitched lady voice) "Nipples .... come on Nipples ..."
Old May 1st 2009, 4:24 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

...thank God for that, looks like I'm not the only daft person here

It's strange but I never talked to my kids like they were babies, in fact people used to comment how grown up they sounded, yet the bloody dog get's spoken to like it's a baby

Ummmm...defo not quite the full shilling me finks
Old May 1st 2009, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

It's strange but I never talked to my kids like they were babies, :
I was adamant I was never going to fall in to this trap. Fortunately I still talk to them in longer sentences..and it's only the babytalk when I greet them.

It's great when you hear your kids say something that they could only have picked up from you.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jmh
Yes I did for my cat. She didn't respond to my normal voice, but did to my silly high voice, although she may have learned that response.

Had to put her down last week as she was very sick
Very sick of that annoying voice.
Old May 1st 2009, 9:29 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
Very sick of that annoying voice.
What yours?
Old May 1st 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

What yours?
Av goat a lovely husky Glaswegian brogue. Just you ask the local ladies.
Old May 1st 2009, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by framac67
Av goat a lovely husky Glaswegian brogue. Just you ask the local ladies.
The best kind framac67
Old May 1st 2009, 11:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't really! just don't like cats, they are sleekit!
Totally agree! I do love my dog tho'!
Old May 1st 2009, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Gibbo
Totally agree! I do love my dog tho'!
I love dogs too, just wouldn't have one in the house!
Old May 1st 2009, 11:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
...thank God for that, looks like I'm not the only daft person here

It's strange but I never talked to my kids like they were babies, in fact people used to comment how grown up they sounded, yet the bloody dog get's spoken to like it's a baby

Ummmm...defo not quite the full shilling me finks
My wife talks like that to me when she wants something

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.