Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

oh the embarrasment of it....

oh the embarrasment of it....

Old Jul 1st 2007, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default oh the embarrasment of it....

I just spent the last 40 minutes locked in my bathroom!

OH and daughter had gone to the doctors as they have come down with this very nasty virus doing the rounds - doctors was crowded and waiting time of around 2 hours.

Me at home decides to have a nice shower - couldn't get back out of the bathroom!!!

After sitting and thinking the best plan I could come up with was.....open the window and shout across to the neighbor.....who bless her had a go at getting me out but the door wouldn't budge.

In the end she got my mobile phone from the table and came to stand in front of the window. As I directed her how to unlock the phone I suddenly realised how embarrassing this was going to be....

'Look up contacts and then press P' (hubby is called Pete)

'erm no Pete here'

' I know - his number is listed under...................pumpkin'

I don't know whether standing talking to my neighbor through a window, wrapped in a small towel was worse than realising that my neighbors now knew the pet name I used for my dearly beloved....or him finding out that she knows
Old Jul 1st 2007, 5:55 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: oh the embarrasment of it....

Originally Posted by sasbear

OH and daughter had gone to the doctors as they have come down with this very nasty virus doing the rounds - doctors was crowded and waiting time of around 2 hours.

Me at home decides to have a nice shower - couldn't get back out of the bathroom!!!

After sitting and thinking the best plan I could come up with was.....open the window and shout across to the neighbor.....who bless her had a go at getting me out but the door wouldn't budge.

In the end she got my mobile phone from the table and came to stand in front of the window. As I directed her how to unlock the phone I suddenly realised how embarrassing this was going to be....

'erm no Pete here'

I don't know whether standing talking to my neighbor through a window, wrapped in a small towel was worse than realising that my neighbors now knew the pet name I used for my dearly beloved....or him finding out that she knows
PMSL!

Can empathise completely!

Would die if people found out our pet names for each other!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 6:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

'erm no Pete here'

Having your neighbour knowing your OH's pet name won't be anywhere near as embarrasing as having all of us know it
Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:06 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
PMSL!

Can empathise completely!

Would die if people found out our pet names for each other!
Oh really ...... do tell

On second thoughts please not it will lead to another thread
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Having your neighbour knowing your OH's pet name won't be anywhere near as embarrasing as having all of us know it

Lol but OH is a computer freak so he won't suffer the embarrassment - only me
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

'erm no Pete here'

At least you weren't stuck in the bath . when i was heavily pregnant(with my first) i fancied a soak in the bath, my OH was on duty. I got stuck , i had to shout for help, my neighbour heard me luckily(through the open window) and her and another female friend(thank god) had to help me out of the bath . I was so embarresed. After that i would only have a bath if hubby was home
Mandy
Old Jul 1st 2007, 10:23 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Next time make sure you take your rabbit with you.
Wouldn't have to shout to the neighbours then.

But if the family is going to be out for 2 hours take some spare batteries too
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix

But if the family is going to be out for 2 hours take some spare batteries too
Rabbit????

Must be naive - is it like a hamster (or chicken)???
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Olias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to beholdOlias is a splendid one to behold

Rabbit????

No, it's a lot like a dolphin!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Olias
No, it's a lot like a dolphin!

Now I am confused
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Rabbit????

Nay.
A hamster keeps his nuts in his mouth
A chicken offers a wish bone but often it's a wish that the bone was longer

A rabbit is by far the more reliable jumper. Subject to aformentioned ever ready supplies.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:17 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Or your double intruder?
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:23 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

So do tell WHY you call him pumpkin !!!!!!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
So do tell WHY you call him pumpkin !!!!!!

Long story
Old Jul 1st 2007, 11:42 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Long story
Popcorn anyone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.