Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Oh Dear!!! what's going to happen now???

Oh Dear!!! what's going to happen now???

Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:45 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oh Dear!!! what's going to happen now???

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...271194,00.html

North Korea have just fired a missile between Korean peninsula and Japan bet there are going to be some people a tad upset about that.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:51 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oh Dear!!! what's going to happen now???

Originally Posted by annqldau
http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...271194,00.html

http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1126553.jpg

North Korea have just fired a missile between Korean peninsula and Japan bet there are going to be some people a tad upset about that.
Yes, mass mysteria is what the media feeds on. Sensationalising every small thing that happens. They do love a story if they can sell one
Old Jun 19th 2007, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Luke I Amyofath
Yes, mass mysteria is what the media feeds on. Sensationalising every small thing that happens. They do love a story if they can sell one
I think this one if real may raise the tension a little in the area due to the general direction of aim. Bush is already chomping at the bit to get involved there as well.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody brilliant. Call for Team America!

Do we think Australia would be safe from any ensuing conflict? (In so far as anywhere is safe from MAD-style global nuclear winter.... )
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:50 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza

Do we think Australia would be safe from any ensuing conflict? (In so far as anywhere is safe from MAD-style global nuclear winter.... )
I read On The Beach by Nevil Shute a few months ago. It was written in the 60's when bombs were not that powerful (Cobalt bombs?) but basically there is a world war in the north and as the winds bring the radiation further and further south over about 6 months so they know it is only a matter of time before their number is up. So I guess the answer is no. On that cheerful note - I am off to bed.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 12:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

borehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant futureborehamwood has a brilliant future

petrol price's will rise
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:03 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
I read On The Beach by Nevil Shute a few months ago. It was written in the 60's when bombs were not that powerful (Cobalt bombs?) but basically there is a world war in the north and as the winds bring the radiation further and further south over about 6 months so they know it is only a matter of time before their number is up. So I guess the answer is no. On that cheerful note - I am off to bed.
I saw that film - terrified the crap out of me.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:05 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Bush is already chomping at the bit to get involved there as well.

Whatever Bush is chomping on, he actually can't afford another war without bankrupting America. Wars are expensive.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 1:07 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Whatever Bush is chomping on, he actually can't afford another war without bankrupting America. Wars are expensive.
BushyBoy is the biggest threat to world peace.

He can chomp on shredded glass, that will keep him occupied.
Old Jun 19th 2007, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by esperanza
Think we would be dragged into it due to proximity and supportive agreements.

Originally Posted by worzel
Did they end up flying to the antartic only to find the bombs had tipped the world on it's axil so they still got caught in the global warm up post bombs? I read this book years ago I liked loaned it to someone and never saw it again then have never found it since.

It doesn't seem to be stopping him they keep giving him the money even though they seemed to have cottoned on to it's not working.

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
BushyBoy is the biggest threat to world peace. He can chomp on shredded glass, that will keep him occupied.
Quite agree.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:22 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Did they end up flying to the antartic only to find the bombs had tipped the world on it's axil so they still got caught in the global warm up post bombs? I read this book years ago I liked loaned it to someone and never saw it again then have never found it since.
Erm, no. Maybe that was the Hollywood remake. Did Bruce Willis end up in a dirty vest?

In the book they mostly commit suicide when they start getting ill.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:23 am
A former regular of BE

But wars win elections. Ask Maggie.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by borehamwood
petrol price's will rise
Old Jun 20th 2007, 2:16 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
BushyBoy is the biggest threat to world peace.
I disagree. I think the biggest threat to world peace is Al Qaeda and the many off shoots and wannabee terrorist groups.

When did Bush last fly a plane in to a tower or blow himself up on a crowded train?
Old Jun 20th 2007, 4:19 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Nah , he will just take more funding out of health and schools to pay for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.