Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The Official Loners Thread

The Official Loners Thread

Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Official Loners Thread

Originally Posted by wats123
Welcome to the site! Whereabouts are you heading?

Thanks!! Heading to Sydney!! Oh dear - "shortage of men" Pacey says!!! No change there then!! Good job everything else will make it worthwhile!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Oz-bound is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Aquamarine
Thanks!! Heading to Sydney!! Oh dear - "shortage of men" Pacey says!!! No change there then!! Good job everything else will make it worthwhile!!
Yep, can certainly confirm there is a shortage of Sydney men (decent ones anyway)......it's dire
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

pacey is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for confirming Oz-bound! Maybe being a nice guy will work out alright over there then but more likely they will think i am like all the other "decent" men in Sydney - gay!

how can a "shortage" even happen? Well, it'll make a nice change, although my experience of sydney women is that there are a LOT of the "daddy's spoilt princess" type! I'm not up for that. Not long term, anyway!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by pacey
thanks for confirming Oz-bound! Maybe being a nice guy will work out alright over there then but more likely they will think i am like all the other "decent" men in Sydney - gay!

how can a "shortage" even happen? Well, it'll make a nice change, although my experience of sydney women is that there are a LOT of the "daddy's spoilt princess" type! I'm not up for that. Not long term, anyway!
Hmm, yep you're right there...... they're either gay, married or both

Can't comment on the Ozzie women but us Expats are great
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

xzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of lightxzibit is a glorious beacon of light

Forget Adelaide, I'm off to Sydney if there's plenty of women in need of single men!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

haha well i'll look forward to making you my gateway to the vast and wonderful expat dating community then, Oz-bound!

xzibit - yep, you should rethink. They're rabid in Sydney - even I might not be able to handle them all! I've got Scuba Steve and moonstar to help out, just in case.

hah more fuel to the "grass is greener" fire right here. Sure someone will be in to crush this theory in moments..
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

haha well i'll look forward to making you my gateway to the vast and wonderful expat dating community then, Oz-bound!

xzibit - yep, you should rethink. They're rabid in Sydney - even I might not be able to handle them all! I've got Scuba Steve and moonstar to help out, just in case.

hah more fuel to the "grass is greener" fire right here. Sure someone will be in to crush this theory in moments..
Hey, more than happy to introduce you to my gay and/or married castoffs....
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:01 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

Thanks for welcome, Steve! We're in Staines area (is that Middlesex?!!? - never too sure!). Applied in August so must put details on August timeline. Waiting for CO. Are you up North? Thought I "heard" a northern twang in your reply!
No, I'm from Hants/Surrey borders, now in SW London! Which visa are you going on?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:02 am
starting again.....

FIZZYMOON will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
Yep, can certainly confirm there is a shortage of Sydney men (decent ones anyway)......it's dire
And there was me thinking my luck might be better out there!!!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Oz-bound
Hey, more than happy to introduce you to my gay and/or married castoffs....
that's very thoughtful of you, but i'm worried about who that leaves you with? Your cats?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Aquamarine will become famous soon enoughAquamarine will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
No, I'm from Hants/Surrey borders, now in SW London! Which visa are you going on?
138 Oz Sponsored. Seem to be a select few??
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:53 am

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

I've got Scuba Steve and moonstar to help out, just in case.

*Tips hat to Pacey*
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:56 am

138 Oz Sponsored. Seem to be a select few??
I dont even know what one of them is! What's the plan workwise/location etc when you get there? How's your departure date looking?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
I dont even know what one of them is! What's the plan workwise/location etc when you get there? How's your departure date looking?
It's a skilled visa sponsored by an Australian citizen - in my case occupation had to be on the now disbanded (I think?) Sydney and Surrounding Areas List as my sister is in Sydney. So heading for Northern Beaches initially. Workwise - at the moment need six months off to get through the To Do lists/Top Tips lists just posted in main area thingy (bit of a technophobe - sorry!!)!!! They have scared the living daylights out of me!!!

Out there, may teach or back into health promotion/public health field preferably. Looking at the timelines before August, one person has got their 138 visa in seven months, so best case scenario for me would be March for visa, worst case I suppose would be December, remembering change of rules backlog created at the end of August. Really want to get on out permanently asap. I'm thinking about reccy trip for schools in April.

What about you? Are you on a timeline?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 12:25 pm

It's a skilled visa sponsored by an Australian citizen - in my case occupation had to be on the now disbanded (I think?) Sydney and Surrounding Areas List as my sister is in Sydney. So heading for Northern Beaches initially. Workwise - at the moment need six months off to get through the To Do lists/Top Tips lists just posted in main area thingy (bit of a technophobe - sorry!!)!!! They have scared the living daylights out of me!!!

Out there, may teach or back into health promotion/public health field preferably. Looking at the timelines before August, one person has got their 138 visa in seven months, so best case scenario for me would be March for visa, worst case I suppose would be December, remembering change of rules backlog created at the end of August. Really want to get on out permanently asap. I'm thinking about reccy trip for schools in April.

What about you? Are you on a timeline?
I'm going on a 4 year work visa which should be through by now. Problem is, My employer's using a labour hire firm who are in a dispute with the government regarding their agreement (put simply). Basically means I have no idea when (if) it'll arrive. Missed my start date of beginning of Jan already so becoming really frustrating! Probably stay in the eastern suburbs at first as I was there before but will take my time to have a look round before I settle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.