Wikiposts

Office Politics

Old May 6th 2010, 3:26 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Politics

Originally Posted by DeadVim
How about the people that put headphones on in small office in a busy part of the day where there is a round-robin telephone system and EVERYBODY is expected to pick up the 'phone occasionally

I have fielded calls from India and Barcelona already today AND I am trying to placate a client who is having their patience tested more than me.

AND I am the only one in the fricking office.

AND I took a pay cut for this.

I am The Whinging Bloody Idiot.
Hold on, WHAT time is it in Barcelona?!
Old May 6th 2010, 5:05 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiseh86

I thought of another one

The One With Issues usually female, always has some form of drama on the go, either with a current boyfriend, ex husband or man from two doors down. She's always taking personal days, coming in late with mascara stained eyes and constantly banging on to everyone just how hard her life is and how no one understands. She normally ends up bedding The Snake as he's the only one that can be bothered to listen to her.
There can be The Bike/Vacu-vag now she is usually very pretty and thinks nothing of flirting with the attached men in the office 'group' and when pulled up on it, will look quite hurtful and say 'I was only messing'.
Old May 6th 2010, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

PP

I would love you in my office, just to do staff appraisals!!

A
Old May 6th 2010, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
And what type are you?
The Wind Up Merchant aka Sarcastic T**T
Old May 6th 2010, 7:10 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Si T
The Wind Up Merchant aka Sarcastic T**T
Now let me see, my friend had one of those where she worked about ten years ago and I do believe she got her own back quite nicely.

The Wind up Merchant in her workplace reall was quite sarcastic most of the time making him unapproachable, probably nasty actually - his name was Frank.

He got a tampon dipped in his tea. Now personally that is not something I would do but I remember my friend telling me about how a couple of the girls were in on it.

Wind up Merchants in the office can be good fun but when they become nasty, then its a problem. And I dont mean nasty as in piss taking on a forum (like me) I mean being nasty in the workplace.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Si T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to allSi T is a name known to all

Now let me see, my friend had one of those where she worked about ten years ago and I do believe she got her own back quite nicely.

The Wind up Merchant in her workplace reall was quite sarcastic most of the time making him unapproachable, probably nasty actually - his name was Frank.

He got a tampon dipped in his tea. Now personally that is not something I would do but I remember my friend telling me about how a couple of the girls were in on it.

Wind up Merchants in the office can be good fun but when they become nasty, then its a problem. And I dont mean nasty as in piss taking on a forum (like me) I mean being nasty in the workplace.
In reality my comment was an attempt at humour in my original post which your initial response seemed to have missed. The three icons I posted after the initial comment should have been enough of an indication but either you did not realise this or simply ignored it, bad day at the office?

The wind up comment was based upon your response which to me seemed to have taken my initial response the wrong way. Your comment above again seems like you have completely missed the point of both my posts. In actual fact I could not afford to be the office sarcastic t**t as I am the Head of Finance and would find myself with grievance claims all over me and deservedly so. Maybe in future you could stop and think of why a post is made especially when the effort is made via emoticans to show it was in jest in response to a post made in humour by you in the first place.

But hey, your user name indicates enough about how you view the world if that is the way you wish to be.
Old May 6th 2010, 10:22 pm

How about the people that put headphones on in small office in a busy part of the day where there is a round-robin telephone system and EVERYBODY is expected to pick up the 'phone occasionally

I have fielded calls from India and Barcelona already today AND I am trying to placate a client who is having their patience tested more than me.

AND I am the only one in the fricking office.

AND I took a pay cut for this.

I am The Whinging Bloody Idiot.
I dont have headphones at work, I have the radio
Old May 6th 2010, 10:24 pm
Forum Regular

Dont be so bloody stupid - its just a username that I have had for years, nothing more nothing less.

The smileys on here often dont mean what the poster once and many a nasty post can be dressed up with a smiley - you know it and I know it.

Actually, I can quite see where you are going with this so let me save you the bother.
Apologies, for the username coment. Its not like me to have a sly dig. Its a sad situation where a genuine post can be taken the wrong way and the smiley's ignored. I reiterate that my inital response was a genuine attempt at humour that was obviously taken the wrong way.

I can also understand the view that there are a number of people out there who act as internet tough guys and will hide their true meaning behind icons.

That was genuinely not my intention. It was merely an attemp at ironic humour which I though you would realise and find funny.

Believe me, the last thing on my mind is to have internet arguments with people I don't even know.

Si
Old May 6th 2010, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by Dorutland
PP

I would love you in my office, just to do staff appraisals!!

A
Well I do believe they should at least have toilet inductions on what to do and what not to do.

Building a nest is essential as to avoid splashback and loud straining is not allowed.

Old May 6th 2010, 11:05 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, a deeper level of hell ... it's not commercial radio is it?
Old May 6th 2010, 11:17 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

oh that is so 1990's... we have an ipod player... **feels all posh** mind you, if you forget yer ipod, yer ****ed...

Em x
Old May 6th 2010, 11:20 pm

Ah, a deeper level of hell ... it's not commercial radio is it?
I just have whatever music station is on - I am on my own though in my area, everyone else is in the next room open plan.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:25 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I just have whatever music station is on - I am on my own though in my area, everyone else is in the next room open plan.
I think you should install a 1970's disco ball and some flashing lights then... jazz it all up... no one else to complain... you could put a vending machine in the corner and/or sell room temperature cans of coke for 5 bucks a piece..
Old May 7th 2010, 12:43 am

Originally Posted by emelems
I think you should install a 1970's disco ball and some flashing lights then... jazz it all up... no one else to complain... you could put a vending machine in the corner and/or sell room temperature cans of coke for 5 bucks a piece..
We have a vending machine in the kitchen selling warm chocolate bars

I might rename my working area The Pheonix Club.
Old May 7th 2010, 1:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

In the offices I work in, we have the IT Professional. It falls into Developer or Desktop type person. Maybe even a BA, or a tester.

Geeky, but not too much. Can hold a conversation and is hygienic. Not that sporty but might run around the Tan at lunch. Shirt and trousers in the week, t-shirt on Fridays. Gets on with their work to a resaonable standard.. paid reasonable money to deliver. No pressure, no drill. No real drama. Can tell an interesting story, has an interesting hobby.

I fall into a highly unusual subcategory of IT Professional. It's just another bloke pretending to be a IT Professional and has got away with it for over 10 years, does a good job, but wonders how the others have done it for so long.

All the other characters work in other departments so we never get to see them...not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.