Wikiposts

Office Politics

Old May 6th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Office Politics

Originally Posted by Deancm
The problem with women making bets on shagging guys is that in order to win they would have to be a more sexually assertive, which the majority of women aren't.
Perhaps towards you they're not. Towards Mr Cute Sexy Arse, the majority of women are
Old May 6th 2010, 12:19 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with women making bets on shagging guys is that in order to win they would have to be a more sexually assertive, which the majority of women aren't. They generally prefer to sit back and let the guy do all the work . Consequently that bet would be more like 'who gets lucky first'.
So not true
Old May 6th 2010, 12:22 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
So not true
Not true with British women. Very true with Aussie women.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:23 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Louiseh86
Perhaps towards you they're not. Towards Mr Cute Sexy Arse, the majority of women are
What are you talking about? I used to be the cute sexy arse in the office and won all the bets!
Old May 6th 2010, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

What are you talking about? I used to be the cute sexy arse in the office and won all the bets!

I thought of another one

The One With Issues usually female, always has some form of drama on the go, either with a current boyfriend, ex husband or man from two doors down. She's always taking personal days, coming in late with mascara stained eyes and constantly banging on to everyone just how hard her life is and how no one understands. She normally ends up bedding The Snake as he's the only one that can be bothered to listen to her.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:28 pm

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

I thought of another one

The One With Issues usually female, always has some form of drama on the go, either with a current boyfriend, ex husband or man from two doors down. She's always taking personal days, coming in late with mascara stained eyes and constantly banging on to everyone just how hard her life is and how no one understands. She normally ends up bedding The Snake as he's the only one that can be bothered to listen to her.

and she always has really bad 'periods'.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:37 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

This is a great thread;

What about The one Out of Their League. I have had one in every office I've ever worked in - someone who is hopelessly under-qualified but has just somehow magically been promoted (usually just by hanging around long enough) but knows bugger all about what their supposed to be doing! My immediate supervisor in my last role was one of these and he was a moron of epic proportions - and earning $20K a year more than me.....

They also usually disparage anyone with qualifications and bang on about 'life experience'.....
Old May 6th 2010, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by tking
This is a great thread;

What about The one Out of Their League. I have had one in every office I've ever worked in - someone who is hopelessly under-qualified but has just somehow magically been promoted (usually just by hanging around long enough) but knows bugger all about what their supposed to be doing! My immediate supervisor in my last role was one of these and he was a moron of epic proportions - and earning $20K a year more than me.....

They also usually disparage anyone with qualifications and bang on about 'life experience'.....
I just love that
Old May 6th 2010, 2:23 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

The Constant Web Surfer

They are the worst.
Old May 6th 2010, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The Constant Web Surfer

They are the worst.
That's me!!!
Old May 6th 2010, 2:27 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
The Constant Web Surfer

They are the worst.
Shit. are you sitting behind me?
Old May 6th 2010, 2:51 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

That's me!!!
Me too.

How about the annoying person who talks shit all the time, tries to talk to you even when you have your headphones on. You take them off and it's not work related, just some shit they want to talk about.

Last edited by renth; May 6th 2010 at 2:54 pm.
Old May 6th 2010, 2:51 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

That's me!!!
Originally Posted by Amazulu
Shit. are you sitting behind me?
You can tell when I'm surfing because I stop cursing numbnut web-hosting companies and start smiling.

Being a web-site developer gives me licence to surf ... sort of ...
Old May 6th 2010, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by renth
Me too.

How about the annoying person who talks shit all the time, tries to talk to you even when you have your headphones on. You take them off and it's not work related, just some shit they want to talk about.
We've got one of those in our office. I've taken to just standing up and walking off whilst he's in mid sentence... Maybe I'm not The Web Surfer maybe I'm The Office Bitch ...
Old May 6th 2010, 3:26 pm
Mostly Harmless

Originally Posted by renth
How about the people that put headphones on in small office in a busy part of the day where there is a round-robin telephone system and EVERYBODY is expected to pick up the 'phone occasionally

I have fielded calls from India and Barcelona already today AND I am trying to placate a client who is having their patience tested more than me.

AND I am the only one in the fricking office.

AND I took a pay cut for this.

I am The Whinging Bloody Idiot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.