British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   Nottingham Forest Promoted (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/nottingham-forest-promoted-534406/)

Demented Ferret May 5th 2008 12:31 pm

Nottingham Forest Promoted

Can't wait to catch a few games on Foxtel now were back in the Championship. And with Derby relegated the juicey clash is back on.

Come on you original Reds:thumbup:

Pollyana May 5th 2008 1:54 pm

Re: Nottingham Forest Promoted

Originally Posted by Demented Ferret (Post 6308590)
Can't wait to catch a few games on Foxtel now were back in the Championship. And with Derby relegated the juicey clash is back on.

Come on you original Reds:thumbup:

http://friendsforever.foren-city.de/...miles/a084.gif

perksy May 5th 2008 3:18 pm

Hello fellow tricky trees...I'm only just starting to sober up what a day

Forest up Direby and Fester down :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have a look at some of the pics on here :thumbsup:

http://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=25372.0

mashiraz May 5th 2008 6:28 pm

Sincere congrats to the florist tree huggers from a Rams fan here!;)

Having accepted relegation was a certainty ages ago for us, florist's promotion is a genuine positive for me. Don't get me wrong, I laughed my head off when you lot missed out last year to the mighty Yeovil! (just as, I'm sure, you delighted in our humiliation this season)...BUT it's not the same without a good meaty local derby to look forward to eh?

Can't wait for the meetings next season. we have a decent record against you of late....just a shame I'll be in Adelaide when the two teams lock horns next.

Here's to a decent next season for both clubs . Who knows, this time next year the two clubs could be back where they belong in the Premier League. Having said that, the Championship is far more fun, with all the teams pretty evenly matched.

Anyhow, enjoy your celebrations and good Luck.:thumbsup:

perksy May 5th 2008 6:50 pm

Blimey..good wishes from a sheepsha**er :rofl:

Let the battle for East Midlands supremity commence :p

All the best Rammy :thumbup:

TrickyTree May 5th 2008 11:11 pm

Great weekend for the Reds and god I was nervous listening to the game on the net (especially when Donny scored and Yeovil pulled one back). But for once everything fell into place and the drinking could carry on. Also the barrage of drunken phone calls from my mates at all times (thanks guys) the missus was very impressed!

As everyone has said bring on the Derby!!! :thumbsup:
I still cant manage to wish them good luck though! ;)

Originally Posted by perksy (Post 6310258)
Blimey..good wishes from a sheepsha**er :rofl:

Let the battle for East Midlands supremity commence :p

All the best Rammy :thumbup:

smudger_scfc May 6th 2008 6:08 am

Congratulations Forest.

Always enjoyed my trips to the City Ground (well last 3 seasons) Nottingham is a good city for a weekend - midweek trip away.

Shame i won't be able to make it next season (ninian park has to take priority for a trip back home) but i'm sure it'll be another good season for all concerned.

regards

The Champions :p

mark 'n' joe May 6th 2008 7:04 am

Well done Forest, commiserations Derby. Big congrats to Stoke for getting promotion to the Premiership:thumbsup:

mashiraz May 6th 2008 7:28 am

"As everyone has said bring on the Derby!!!
I still cant manage to wish them good luck though! "

I like to see ALL east mids teams doing well....with the obvious exception of when it's Rams v Trees, when only a Derby win will do ;)

I've been to my fair share of matches between our 2 teams......at the Baseball Ground, The City Ground and Pride Park. Been delighted by some great wins and shattered by some awful defeats.....it's all good fun!;)

Let battle commence next season :thumbsup:

Grayling May 6th 2008 8:00 am

I have been living in Derby for the past few months.

It has been great fun listening to the excuses made by disillusioned sheepshaggers:thumbsup:

.........even more so with Forest doing so well.

The last few years have been bad for me as I was a regular during the early Clough years when Forest won the championship and European cup.

The only consolation was that Derby were just as awful.....especially as I have worked in Derby for many years surrounded by sheepshaggers:(

Come on you reds:thumbsup:

G

smudger_scfc May 6th 2008 8:10 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6312393)
I have been living in Derby for the past few months.

It has been great fun listening to the excuses made by disillusioned sheepshaggers:thumbsup:

.........even more so with Forest doing so well.

The last few years have been bad for me as I was a regular during the early Clough years when Forest won the championship and European cup.

The only consolation was that Derby were just as awful.....especially as I have worked in Derby for many years surrounded by sheepshaggers:(

Come on you reds:thumbsup:

G

Now that Colin Calderwood has recieved a stay of execution, how do you think you'll do in the championship as a lot of Forest fans thought he should have gone a while back.

ozzieeagle May 6th 2008 8:11 am

With lLeeds and Swansea probably up as well, next seasons championship is going to be full on.

Looks like we may well be out of there ;)

Grayling May 6th 2008 8:15 am

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc (Post 6312427)
Now that Colin Calderwood has recieved a stay of execution, how do you think you'll do in the championship as a lot of Forest fans thought he should have gone a while back.

He will keep the seat warm until Nigel is ready:thumbup:

smudger_scfc May 6th 2008 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6312441)

Ahhh right, well good luck anyway :thumbsup:

smudger_scfc May 6th 2008 8:24 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 6312430)
With lLeeds and Swansea probably up as well, next seasons championship is going to be full on.

Looks like we may well be out of there ;)

Palace have to be favorites i think. Can see the winners of Palace v the wurzels going on to win the play off final.

On another note, foxtel seem to be listing the championship play offs, any idea if they'll show league 1 and 2 aswell??

aussiedreamer May 6th 2008 8:32 am

Well add another to the Midlands Teams it's GREAT to see us ping ponging back to the premiership

BOING BOING BAGGIES

WBA Supporter

smudger_scfc May 6th 2008 8:36 am

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer (Post 6312506)
Well add another to the Midlands Teams it's GREAT to see us ping ponging back to the premiership

BOING BOING BAGGIES

WBA Supporter

That brings back memories, play offs early 90's at the Hawthorns we had Colin West sent off, probably the deciding factor in you beating us, Q 3 and a half sides of the ground bouncing up and down singing that.

Good night though despite the result.

Oh and Congrats by the way!! along with the Stokies

ozzieeagle May 6th 2008 9:59 am

Blimey what a gentlemanly thread ;)

Congrats all round.

QPR are going to be a threat next year as well, Charlton will be well miffed if Palace go up, If Coppel stays at Reading they will be strong, so on paper its got to be the strongest championship division ever. With the predictability of the Premier league, the Championship may well capture more attention than usual next season. If Palace stay down, Neil Warnock will be wanting to put his stamp on the title of best English born Manager in the league, so it will be totally full on next season.

Pollyana May 6th 2008 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6312393)

The good old days......:)

Originally Posted by Grayling (Post 6312441)

:thumbup:

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer (Post 6312506)
WBA Supporter

My following of Forest stems from being a 6 year old playing football in the garden against my 7 year old boyfriend.
We were in the Midlands in the early 70s and he was an WBA supporter. I asked if he was WBA, who was I, and he said "you can be Forest" and I've followed them ever since :)

perksy May 6th 2008 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana (Post 6314162)
The good old days......:)

:thumbup:

My following of Forest stems from being a 6 year old playing football in the garden against my 7 year old boyfriend.
We were in the Midlands in the early 70s and he was an WBA supporter. I asked if he was WBA, who was I, and he said "you can be Forest" and I've followed them ever since :)

I have brilliant memories of being at WBA when Forest got promoted to the prem in 1997. Pierre Van Hooidjonk blasted a ball into the crowd during the warm up. It was coming right for us then the bloke in front of me ducked and the ball hit my coffee cup soaking me through. I didnt care though because we had a party that day that was similar to saturdays excitement....U Reds!

TrickyTree May 6th 2008 11:19 pm

On paper the Championship looks like it could be bloody difficult next season I will be happy with staying up (although the wurzels have proved you can give it a good shot)........ oh and beating Derby twice! :thumbsup: :rofl: :p

Calderwood has given himself a stay of execution but if we start badly the wolf will be at the door very quickly. As much as I would love Clough jnr as the Forest boss I just cannot see it actually happening.

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc (Post 6312427)

ozzieeagle May 7th 2008 3:38 am

Originally Posted by TrickyTree (Post 6316369)
On paper the Championship looks like it could be bloody difficult next season I will be happy with staying up (although the wurzels have proved you can give it a good shot)........ oh and beating Derby twice! :thumbsup: :rofl: :p

Yes I'm sure it will be tough, hope you go well. Usually each season there is the added complication of a team surprising everyone, so on that basis expect real stiff competition next year..... QPR are the quiet favourites already for next season in London, so they can't be the surprise team ;)..... Blackpool or someone like that could go well....

The bottom 8 in the premiership could well be easier than the top 10 in the championship next year.

Bernieboy May 7th 2008 3:40 am

Beware THE MIGHTY LEEDS,we are coming to get ya:thumbup:

Pommy Dan May 7th 2008 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 6312430)
With lLeeds and Swansea probably up as well, )

LOL - I know you are a Palace fan, but you must be completely delusional.

Swansea beat the mighty Seagulls on the weekend to claim the trophy - Leeds can rot for all i care...

perksy May 7th 2008 9:05 am

Nigel Doughty was on the radio saying how its been an embarrasment that we've been down in league 1. He also said its embarrassing that we're now a championship club and he won't rest till we're back in the big time. Rumours are Calderwood has signed a contract extension and will be given around £10m to spend over the summer. So expect plenty of new faces around the city ground come august. A 'big' 25 goal hitman is suppossed to of the agenda and rumours around suggest someone of the likes of Leroy Lita, Robert Earnshaw or David Nugent. So watch out sheepshaggers :p

mashiraz May 7th 2008 11:05 am

Originally Posted by perksy (Post 6317585)
Nigel Doughty was on the radio saying how its been an embarrasment that we've been down in league 1. He also said its embarrassing that we're now a championship club and he won't rest till we're back in the big time. Rumours are Calderwood has signed a contract extension and will be given around £10m to spend over the summer. So expect plenty of new faces around the city ground come august. A 'big' 25 goal hitman is suppossed to of the agenda and rumours around suggest someone of the likes of Leroy Lita, Robert Earnshaw or David Nugent. So watch out sheepshaggers :p

Ooh, scared! We're positively quaking in our boots;)

Tell you what, I'd pay for Earnshaw's taxi fare to the sh*tty ground myself!:thumbsup:

perksy May 7th 2008 11:14 am

Originally Posted by mashiraz (Post 6318041)
Ooh, scared! We're positively quaking in our boots;)

Tell you what, I'd pay for Earnshaw's taxi fare to the sh*tty ground myself!:thumbsup:

Happily do a swop with Commons....Dont forget you have to wheel and deal this summer. Jewell has limited funds due to your last regieme blowing the parachute payments before this season has finished. :thumbup:

steveandlesley May 8th 2008 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by smudger_scfc (Post 6312527)
That brings back memories, play offs early 90's at the Hawthorns we had Colin West sent off, probably the deciding factor in you beating us, Q 3 and a half sides of the ground bouncing up and down singing that.

Good night though despite the result.

Oh and Congrats by the way!! along with the Stokies

Hi Smudger,

Thanks for Congrats, waited 23 years :lol:to see Stoke in top flight, but still hope to see a couple of games though before we emigrate to the Golld Coast:p

smudger_scfc May 12th 2008 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by steveandlesley (Post 6325353)
Hi Smudger,

Thanks for Congrats, waited 23 years :lol:to see Stoke in top flight, but still hope to see a couple of games though before we emigrate to the Golld Coast:p

No problems :thumbsup:Good to see Stoke back in the top flight, don't know how you'll do next season or how your finances are, but whatever happens i'm sure you'll have a great season and enjoy it :thumbup: