Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

not my cats in garden?

not my cats in garden?

Old Mar 20th 2007, 6:53 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not my cats in garden?

Dont know if it works for cats but it certainly works for foxes so might be worth a go...

Get one of the males in the family to pee in a jar and then sprinkle it around your boundaries - it doesnt smell to us humans (you're only using a small amount) but the foxes dont like the smell and as it's male pee they wont come in the garden.

I've not tried it with cats but it's free so might be worth a go (if you can get over the ickyness factor!)
Old Mar 20th 2007, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

UGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really niceUGLY BETTY is just really nice

Originally Posted by bridie
Dont know if it works for cats but it certainly works for foxes so might be worth a go...

Get one of the males in the family to pee in a jar and then sprinkle it around your boundaries - it doesnt smell to us humans (you're only using a small amount) but the foxes dont like the smell and as it's male pee they wont come in the garden.

I've not tried it with cats but it's free so might be worth a go (if you can get over the ickyness factor!)
I can see the look on my hubbys face now
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:05 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bridie

It doesn't work mate! we have a night use, over the veranda, blokes only dunny

Aston, feral cats are cats that people had as pets they find it's much easier to kill the native wildlife here so go feral and breed out in the bush. We have a huge problem here as conditions are perfect for breeding and food is plentiful:curse:
Old Mar 20th 2007, 2:31 pm
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57

Aston, feral cats are cats that people had as pets they find it's much easier to kill the native wildlife here so go feral and breed out in the bush. We have a huge problem here as conditions are perfect for breeding and food is plentiful:curse:
i would shoot one if i saw it attacking anything in my garden...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 9:53 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i would shoot one if i saw it attacking anything in my garden...
It's more complicated than that, you can't usually differentiate between a feral or someones killer pet. The soft centered granddad in me wouldn't let me shoot one in case it was some poor kids pet
When the guy brings the traps it becomes his responsibility and subsequent destruction of potential pets is on his conscience.
On the plus side they do a brilliant job of keeping the rats and mice in check, just a shame everything else is fair game to them as well.
Once again it's us Europeans that are responsible for disturbing the balance of nature. We have feral cats,foxes, rabbits, goats, horses, pigs even wild camels, all introduced by immigrants.

Quick boring fact of the day: Australia is now the only country in the world with a population of wild camels.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
Oh, OK

Love the useless fact of the day