Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

not long now...............

not long now...............

Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light
Default not long now...............

Hi all,
things are starting to happen now, today was hard for my wife at school as the 3 girls said the farewells to their friends, probably wont be seeing most of them for a while.
the house has sold, the removal men have been and gone and we've moved
in with the inlaws, for the next 3 weeks.
If i can say Brittania removals were first class from the off. they even got the washing in when it started to rain and wound my car windows up. They turned up on time and were VERY polite and curtious. Got a leaving party booked in 3 weeks and most of the town is coming. (i've told them all leaving presents in Au $ lol)
have added a few pix of the "big day" the curtains were twitching on our street!
Attached Thumbnails not long now...............-rem0.jpg   not long now...............-rem1.jpg   not long now...............-rem2.jpg   not long now...............-rem3.jpg   not long now...............-rem4.jpg  

Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

wannabe in oz will become famous soon enough
Default Re: not long now...............

i wish i was in your position mate.best of luck with your move
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by wannabe in oz
i wish i was in your position mate.best of luck with your move
Thanks mate, I'll need all the luck I can get (living with the inlaws) lol
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:48 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bu1lder
Hi all,
things are starting to happen now, today was hard for my wife at school as the 3 girls said the farewells to their friends, probably wont be seeing most of them for a while.
the house has sold, the removal men have been and gone and we've moved
in with the inlaws, for the next 3 weeks.
If i can say Brittania removals were first class from the off. they even got the washing in when it started to rain and wound my car windows up. They turned up on time and were VERY polite and curtious. Got a leaving party booked in 3 weeks and most of the town is coming. (i've told them all leaving presents in Au $ lol)
have added a few pix of the "big day" the curtains were twitching on our street!
That's one beaut house mate, I'm sure ur sorry to leave it! Excellent post, great to see everything moving along nicely, you git, I'm not jealous @ all, honest lol lol
Old Jul 17th 2009, 7:49 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck
It's a stressful time (even without the in-laws) but it's worth it
Old Jul 17th 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Best of luck
It's a stressful time (even without the in-laws) but it's worth it
Yeah, I'm sure ur right,thanks for the positive vibes, means a lot.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I remember this feeling well. Its lovely when your container arrives this end and all your familiar stuff gets unpacked. Memories come flooding in but then its strange seeing all your stuff in a new house. Talk about emotional rollercoaster!

Enjoy your last few weeks there. Its a strange feeling being without all your stuff. We stayed with my mum for 3 weeks and as it was over Christmas, as we were cooking Christmas dinner and she needed more/bigger pans and plates etc, so many times I went to say "oh, I have got one at home, I'll nip round and ............" Then I realised that all my stuff was sailing the high seas and our house wasn't our house any more. Weird feeling.

All this attachment to past stuff at the same time as looking forward to all the new experiences coming our way!

I hope you have a lovely leaving do, ours was fantastic and its lovely to find out how much people actually like you and will miss you!

Ren xx
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck B - it's very stressful, i remember the kids last day of school and i hadn't even considered how i would feel and i found myself in tears when we got home, the teachers had parties for the boys and the kids parents handed in fotos for the boys to keep. I felt awful for days after that.

Very best of luck to you all
Old Jul 18th 2009, 1:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of luck bu1lder
Enjoy your last few weeks, they will whizz by & you will soon be here
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:04 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Great photos.

Good luck bu1lder!
Old Jul 18th 2009, 2:59 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
Great photos.

Good luck bu1lder!
Beautiful house isn't it P?
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:01 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Beautiful house isn't it P?
Yeah, if I had a house like that I would think long and hard before emigrating. Looks like a dream home
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:02 am

Yeah, if I had a house like that I would think long and hard before emigrating. Looks like a dream home
Mmm...i was thinking the same thing when i saw it too. Considering the houses in oz are sh..rubbish
Old Jul 18th 2009, 3:50 am
Banned

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Mmm...i was thinking the same thing when i saw it too. Considering the houses in oz are sh..rubbish
It seems odd that Aus appears to set high standards for things yet the houses are sh..rubbish
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:53 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

It seems odd that Aus appears to set high standards for things yet the houses are sh..rubbish
4.50?! PAUL!!! I'm officially scolding u now, u need ur sleep boyo!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.