Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Not enough women in senior management roles?

Not enough women in senior management roles?

Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Rossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud ofRossi has much to be proud of
Default Re: Not enough women in senior management roles?

I feel so good that my boss is the "token" woman.........
I wonder how safe my job is, knowing that she hasn't got the brains to do the job but just makes up the politically correct numbers
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peepster
I don't know, we'd better ask ABC Diamond to come up with some stats

It's not charity - it would be overcoming a natural barrier. Women shouldn't have to choose between a top-flight career and being a Mum...
Not many women on this thread. Personally I think if a woman wants to be a career person and rise to the top of her particular field, then she can't have children, or can but has to offload them to childcare, nannies etc. You cannot have it both because you have to put heart and soul into both and it's not possible.

Making quotas is totally wrong. Women haven't fought since the Suffragettes to go backwards in the minds of everyone else because they're getting a hand up the ladder. No race/sex/colour should be discriminated against, and that includes white males. Have quotas for blacks, women, one legged chinese transvestite etc and the white male become discriminated against.

Shit happens basically and there will always be a group of people who feel hard done by.

Just my opinion.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:41 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not many women on this thread. Personally I think if a woman wants to be a career person and rise to the top of her particular field, then she can't have children, or can but has to offload them to childcare, nannies etc. You cannot have it both because you have to put heart and soul into both and it's not possible.

Making quotas is totally wrong. Women haven't fought since the Suffragettes to go backwards in the minds of everyone else because they're getting a hand up the ladder. No race/sex/colour should be discriminated against, and that includes white males. Have quotas for blacks, women, one legged chinese transvestite etc and the white male become discriminated against.

Shit happens basically and there will always be a group of people who feel hard done by.

Just my opinion.
as a black, one-legged, Chinese transvestite woman I take great offence to that last post. I ask you to apologise immediately!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
as a black, one-legged, Chinese transvestite woman I take great offence to that last post. I ask you to apologise immediately!
You really shouldn't. I think I was standing up for you - possibly supporting you
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:48 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Australia is not the place for women who are board material. If you are fair and believe in democratic decisions you're seen as too soft. If you're tough and a "teller" rather than "seller" then you're a hard nosed bitch. Either way you can't win. It is more acceptable for a female to work for an incompetent male who has lots of mates & contacts. Don't even think to unwittingly shine above your male boss or counterparts. They wont love you for it.

Australia is not a great place for career women. They want women to have large families and through social policies they promote this. Get used to it
Old Jul 14th 2009, 8:53 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Australia is not the place for women who are board material. If you are fair and believe in democratic decisions you're seen as too soft. If you're tough and a "teller" rather than "seller" then you're a hard nosed bitch. Either way you can't win. It is more acceptable for a female to work for an incompetent male who has lots of mates & contacts. Don't even think to unwittingly shine above your male boss or counterparts. They wont love you for it.

Australia is not a great place for career women. They want women to have large families and through social policies they promote this. Get used to it
....and get cracking on those dishes
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:03 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

That's why women have little feet - so they can get close to the sink

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Jul 14th 2009 at 9:59 am.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 9:20 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Dishwasher's loaded master. Sitting on my arse now.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 11:38 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

But men have dominated business for centuries based on their gender - why can't women have a turn at it? Who cares if it's token or talent - it will quickly be forgotten about and more women will have a chance to shine. Whats the point in all the work that went into women having equal rights to education if they are still ultimately trapped at the kitchen sink?
Old Jul 14th 2009, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Peepster
But men have dominated business for centuries based on their gender - why can't women have a turn at it? Who cares if it's token or talent - it will quickly be forgotten about and more women will have a chance to shine. Whats the point in all the work that went into women having equal rights to education if they are still ultimately trapped at the kitchen sink?
I don't think they are. They may not be top of the tree but they're up there in the branches.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 11:43 am
Random Member

Peepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to beholdPeepster is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I don't think they are. They may not be top of the tree but they're up there in the branches.
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:42 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

and you get your clothes off and your kit on
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
and you get your clothes off and your kit on
Aye, you tell the bastard and his pink heade self!!
Old Jul 14th 2009, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

And if more women came back in black with a meat eatin attitude.......
Old Jul 14th 2009, 2:02 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
And if more women came back in black with a meat eatin attitude.......
Then then world would be a better place