Reload this Page >

not as easy as i thought

not as easy as i thought

Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:18 pm
Account Closed

aston is an unknown quantity at this point
Default not as easy as i thought

well then had the interview today at the agents in chester,

they got me on things that i forgot about twenty years ago.

1.i had forgotten i was married 20 years ago.
2.our daughter was 1 at the time and the mother and new husband adopted her,jeez they wanted her to have a medical,how awkward would that of been after 20 years.
3,i had police caution two years ago for an incident protecting my house.
4.divorce papers.
5,last but not least i have got to lose 2 stone.

jeez i will lose that worrying.

p.s.all in every single item and all the oz payments etc.£4800

what do you think?

Marcus|_p.ps is the piece of paper police check called an enhanced disclosure,green and purple as i already have one of them if that is the one.

with thanks Marcus

ppps i was very impressed with the company does anyone know of them
..the emigration group..

Last edited by aston; Jun 9th 2006 at 9:25 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:27 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: not as easy as i thought

Originally Posted by brummy

2.our daughter was 1 at the time and the mother and new husband adopted her,jeez they wanted her to have a medical,how awkward would that of been after 20 years.
4.divorce papers.

what do you think?

Marcus|_p.ps is the piece of paper police check called an enhanced disclosure,green and purple as i already have one of them if that is the one.

with thanks Marcus

ppps i was very impressed with the company does anyone know of them
..the emigration group..
i think that £4800 is very steep personally. our agent charged just over £1100, payable in 3 stages, plus the skills assessment, plus the main application fee, plus things like medicals etc. i would seriously think about the cost/agent, sorry
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

4.divorce papers.

what do you think?

with thanks Marcus
Hi

Getting copies of marriage certificates and decree nisi isn't as bad as it sounds, you will need a full birth certificate as well. Birth and marriage certificate you can get from the registry office or you can order online.

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Decree nisi, not sure where you get them, but someone will know.

The police thing again not as bad as it sounds. You need to write a statement explaining what happened in the best light you can. It's usually custodial sentences that will seriously affect your chances. Plus if it's your only offence that should go in your favour. You just need to make sure you tell them that it's not going to happen again etc.

The weight thing, just take that one step at a time and you'll get there.

Now for your daughter, how long is it since you've seen her and do you have any parental responsibility for her?, I would think if she's over 18 and you haven't seen her for 20 years and she was adopted by your ex's new hubby that a stat dec would suffice.

Agents fees seem really steep to me though, we paid 1900 + VAT with www.visabureau.co.uk

Good luck with it all.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

thanks for that,i asked the question as i thought it was a little high,as i said that was a total cost everything from the tra application to medicals,solicitors signiatures.the whole lot everything all australia cost ,what do you think?
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for that,i asked the question as i thought it was a little high,as i said that was a total cost everything from the tra application to medicals,solicitors signiatures.the whole lot everything all australia cost ,what do you think?

Now you've said that it's not as bad, but still a bit dear. We have spent about £3,500.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:38 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

just want to make the point of

if your daughter was legally adopted by her mother and step father then no medial needed as she is legally no longer any responsibilty of yours (sorry)

Only know this cause alan has a son that has been adopted by mother and step father and we didnt have to include him in our application (visa granted)

there is something on the dima web site ( could either be visa application stuff or med, sorry can't remember and had too many wines to check for you)

hope that helps some what!!!
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

thanks both,wendy have you had your police checks back as i was wondering if you could let me know if it is called an enhanced disclosure,i had one done last year as we were going to adopt and it came back with no cautions on it.
i know i cannot use it but i dont want to hold my hands up if i dont need to.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:39 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

still think its too high brummy. our agent is in manchester, if you want details.

agent cost £1200 (ish - would have to check file)
tra $500 (priority)
main application $1935
medicals (depends on where you have them done, ours at huddersfield)
police checks £10 per adult
certified copies - depends on where you can get them done and at how much ie. magistrates courts are supposed to be cheap, ours worked out about £50 for the lot

mm, i think thats it. as you can see, a damn sight cheaper than £4800 :scared:
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:40 pm
Account Closed

yes i think as she is now 20 all is o.k

thank you
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:41 pm
Never going back

thanks both,wendy have you had your police checks back as i was wondering if you could let me know if it is called an enhanced disclosure,i had one done last year as we were going to adopt and it came back with no cautions on it.
still need to be honest and disclose everything, even if nothing shows up.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by alan and sam
just want to make the point of

if your daughter was legally adopted by her mother and step father then no medial needed as she is legally no longer any responsibilty of yours (sorry)

Only know this cause alan has a son that has been adopted by mother and step father and we didnt have to include him in our application (visa granted)

there is something on the dima web site ( could either be visa application stuff or med, sorry can't remember and had too many wines to check for you)

hope that helps some what!!!

In addition to that, this is from the DIMA website

Age requirement
The child must be under 25, but if 18 or older must be a full-time student and dependent on the parents. The only exception to the age requirement is where the child has a disability which stops them from working

So chances are she will be too old to be sponsered on a child visa.

The only other avenue open then would be the other family migration visa, which were she to apply later, would need a medical for that application.

The reason that children who are not migrating need a medical is because someone could apply for a visa and say their child isn't migrating, then apply for a child visa when they get to Australia. This is a loophole in the system where you could in effect get a visa for a seriously ill child without getting a medical done for that child, were the medical requirement not in place.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would advise that you put it down as it can bite you on the bum and get your visa cancelled were you found out later on.

I'm not sure what it's called but here is a link to the form I needed to fill out for ours. http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/f...ocs/DP%201.pdf You'd need a different one unless you live in west yorkshire.

The certificate itself has a blue line across the top and bottom, can't remember any more than that.

There has been people with more of a record than that get visa's granted, so you really shouldn't worry too much. If you speak to Polyanna on here, she will advise you.
Old Jun 9th 2006, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Brummy

i used the emmigration group...and they charged about £3500 then had to pay the others police checks, medicals, etc. Cost seems a bit high i suppose but it was worth it. They fought for me to get the extra points on the SIR last june so I didnt have to bank the extra £40,000, even though my visa was processed.

I still ask their advice on cetain things. I found them very helpful

good luck in your application.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 2:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

NO, the Enhanced Disclosure is NOT the right bit of paper - thats a CRB check for employment purposes. You need to get a Data Protection/Subject Access check - find the website for your local police force and it may be on there. If not your local police station may have copies, or ring your police HQ and ask for the Data Protection office.

If you are unsure which force covers you, pm me with the town/village you live in and I'll let you know!!