Nostalgia

Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nostalgia

Am treating myself to a night on the pc - just finished reading a good book - hubby in bed - daughter gone bowling (her 17th birthday today) - so all alone....and have been surfing youtube looking at all my old favs - listening to Don henley - boys of summer right now - any recommendations? I am an 80's girl at heart
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nostalgia

Originally Posted by sasbear
Am treating myself to a night on the pc - just finished reading a good book - hubby in bed - daughter gone bowling (her 17th birthday today) - so all alone....and have been surfing youtube looking at all my old favs - listening to Don henley - boys of summer right now - any recommendations? I am an 80's girl at heart
Now layla

and next peter gabriel
Old Jul 18th 2007, 11:58 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Now layla

and next peter gabriel
If you get to Phil Collins and stop posting I'll know why.

My recommendation for a blast from the past would be some 'Swing Out Sister', one of the first albums I bought with my own cash ... I was an odd child.

Hey, go for some 'Johnny Hates Jazz' if you must!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
If you get to Phil Collins and stop posting I'll know why.

My recommendation for a blast from the past would be some 'Swing Out Sister', one of the first albums I bought with my own cash ... I was an odd child.

Hey, go for some 'Johnny Hates Jazz' if you must!
OK I'm there!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:10 pm

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

OK I'm there!
If I was going to produce a few CDs for such an occasion (and not have to listen to most of them) then it'd go something like this:

ABC - The Look Of Love
Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Adam Ant - Prince Charming
Samantha Fox - Touch Me
Swing Out Sister - Breakout
Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
Kylie Minogue - Locomotion
Huey Lewis Complete With His News - Hip To Be Square
Ray Parker Jnr - Ghostbusters
Harold Faltermyer - Axel F
Fairground Attraction - Perfect
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen
Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star
B*Witched - C'est La Vie
Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting
The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
Morris Minor And The Majors - Stutter Rap
Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
Shergal Farkey (sic) - A Good Heart
Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
Yazz And All Of Her Plastic Population - The Only Way Is Up (baby)
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
If I was going to produce a few CDs for such an occasion (and not have to listen to most of them) then it'd go something like this:

ABC - The Look Of Love - fantastic !
Johnny Hates Jazz - Turn Back The Clock
Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus - an old time classic - true class there mate!
Adam Ant - Prince Charming - and another
Samantha Fox - Touch Me
Swing Out Sister - Breakout - good choice
Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
Kylie Minogue - Locomotion
Huey Lewis Complete With His News - Hip To Be Square - nice one
Ray Parker Jnr - Ghostbusters
Harold Faltermyer - Axel F - awesome
Fairground Attraction - Perfect - a fav of mine
Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen - takes me back to some good times
Buggles - Video Killed The Radio Star - OMG the first f***ng black cd I bought!!!!!
B*Witched - C'est La Vie
Bananarama - Robert De Niro's Waiting
The Bangles - Walk Like An Egyptian
Morris Minor And The Majors - Stutter Rap
Sigue Sigue Sputnik - Love Missile F1-11
Shergal Farkey (sic) - A Good Heart - a classic
Dee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart
Yazz And All Of Her Plastic Population - The Only Way Is Up (baby)

truly inspirational - thanks
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:13 pm
Humble vaudevillian

benny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to beholdbenny the ball is a splendid one to behold

Nostaglia isnt what it used to be......
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by benny the ball
Nostaglia isnt what it used to be......

LOL - it is when you're on the vino!!!

Basia - Time and tide - ahhh fond memories
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOL - it is when you're on the vino!!!

Basia - Time and tide - ahhh fond memories
Squeeze - black coffee in bed
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Squeeze - black coffee in bed
Beatles - let it be
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

black cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to allblack cat is a name known to all

Beatles - let it be
missing you- John Waite
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by black cat
missing you- John Waite
OK i'm onto it right now
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:49 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Turning Japanese - Vapours
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:50 pm
C&R
Always the last to leave.

C&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond reputeC&R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by black cat
missing you- John Waite
maneater - hall and oates
bananarama - cruel summer
pepsie and shirly - heartache
ultravox - vienna
sinitta - so macho
nena cherry - buffalo stance
five star - find the time, rain or shine
sabrina - boys boys boys
reynolds girls - I'd rather jack [then fleetwood mac]
sonia - you'll never stop me from loving you
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

BertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond reputeBertieB has a reputation beyond repute

this should keep you going for a while

http://www.afn.org/~afn30091/1980.html

Ann

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.