Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Norwich to Perth anyone?

Norwich to Perth anyone?

Old May 27th 2008, 7:21 am
Just Joined

Debbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant future
Default Norwich to Perth anyone?

New to the forum and out of interest I was wondering if there was anyone in the process of moving from Norwich to Perth?

I am an aussie born and breed in Fremantle, however my husband is from Norwich.

Hubby A has now been here for just over two years and loves it!

We are both in a 40's - I have lived in Norwich for a couple of years not long after we got married.

Anyway just thought I would post this and who knows maybe if there are people coming out here and need some 'local advice' we could help.

Or if your already here - hows it all going for you all?

Cheers,

Deb
Old May 27th 2008, 7:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Norwich to Perth anyone?

Originally Posted by Debbi View Post
New to the forum and out of interest I was wondering if there was anyone in the process of moving from Norwich to Perth?

I am an aussie born and breed in Fremantle, however my husband is from Norwich.

Hubby A has now been here for just over two years and loves it!

We are both in a 40's - I have lived in Norwich for a couple of years not long after we got married.

Anyway just thought I would post this and who knows maybe if there are people coming out here and need some 'local advice' we could help.

Or if your already here - hows it all going for you all?

Cheers,

Deb
Really nice offer Deb!

There are a few people on these boards who are from Norwich/Norfolk.

I'm an Aussie who's just finished a 5yr course at UEA.....I put my tuppenth worth in occasionally here on BE, though I've been away from Oz for over 10 yrs and soon to be in the USA more permanently, so Im no longer much help.

Norwich has really changed by the way - traffic is even worse now! What kind of work did you do in Norwich?
Old May 27th 2008, 7:31 am
Just Joined

Debbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant futureDebbi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc View Post
Really nice offer Deb!

There are a few people on these boards who are from Norwich/Norfolk.

I'm an Aussie who's just finished a 5yr course at UEA.....I put my tuppenth worth in occasionally here on BE, though I've been away from Oz for over 10 yrs and soon to be in the USA more permanently, so Im no longer much help.

Norwich has really changed by the way - traffic is even worse now! What kind of work did you do in Norwich?
Hi,

I found it really hard to get a job when I first got to Norwich as I came from a senior managment background - but I was really lucky as I ended up getting a Project Management position with City College - the project was funded by EEDA and I loved it - it was a slam dunk job and when I came home each night I didnt even have to think about work - which was a huge change from what I had come from. The pay was much less than what I was getting in Oz - but job itself was great and I got to meet loads of people. Where are you going in the US?
Old May 27th 2008, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

I found it really hard to get a job when I first got to Norwich as I came from a senior managment background - but I was really lucky as I ended up getting a Project Management position with City College - the project was funded by EEDA and I loved it - it was a slam dunk job and when I came home each night I didnt even have to think about work - which was a huge change from what I had come from. The pay was much less than what I was getting in Oz - but job itself was great and I got to meet loads of people. Where are you going in the US?
Great that you finally got a good job City College is renovating at the moment, I think...huge plans for expansion.

Hubby is a scientist in San Diego. He started working in the USA on the same day that I started med school. We have a home there. A tiny home LOL. Originally, I didn't want to start all over on a new continent AGAIN, but it's different this time, especially with websites like BE. and I guess that I'm older and a little wiser now LOL.

When did you leave Norwich? Does hubby miss living there? I think that Norfolk is really pretty...when the sun is shining.
Old May 27th 2008, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

hi
moving from lowestoft to aus, still undecided where, glad to see somone reasonably local getting on well.
john
Old May 27th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc View Post
Great that you finally got a good job City College is renovating at the moment, I think...huge plans for expansion.

Hubby is a scientist in San Diego. He started working in the USA on the same day that I started med school. We have a home there. A tiny home LOL. Originally, I didn't want to start all over on a new continent AGAIN, but it's different this time, especially with websites like BE. and I guess that I'm older and a little wiser now LOL.

When did you leave Norwich? Does hubby miss living there? I think that Norfolk is really pretty...when the sun is shining.
[email protected] College doing a reno - it sure needed it!!

How amazing is it that you are doing med school in Norwich - you must be the only aussie there...good for you.

San Diego is really nice in fact it reminds me of a lot like Perth.

We left Norwich in Aug 2004 and hubby says there are 'things' he misses but he wouldnt never go back to live - we have a house there that we rent out and we will keep that for our super - retirement investment.

Andrew's parents and his brother still live there in Norwich - but honestly it feels like they are out here more than home..LOL
His Dad comes out for 6 months of the year to escape the winter and his mum has been out a few times and also his brother.

Next year we have all decided to meet up in Thailand for a few weeks - this way we all get a holiday.

So, you have been away from home for 10 years wow! Do you get to come back home much?

Where are you from in Oz?
Old May 27th 2008, 7:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnknight001 View Post
hi
moving from lowestoft to aus, still undecided where, glad to see somone reasonably local getting on well.
john
Hi John,

Well I guess it was easier for hubby as I have lived here all my life and my family have been very supportative.

But Andrew had some settling in issues just like most people I guess but it makes it easier when at least one knows the ropes - if you know what I mean
Old May 27th 2008, 8:01 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Hi,

We moved to Bunbury from Norwich about four months ago, not quite Perth but not too far away. Love the area so far, a bit quieter than our terraced house in the centre of Norwich!

John
Old May 27th 2008, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NCFC View Post
Hi,

We moved to Bunbury from Norwich about four months ago, not quite Perth but not too far away. Love the area so far, a bit quieter than our terraced house in the centre of Norwich!

John
Hi John,

Yep it sure would be quieter than the inner areas of Norwich - Bunbury is a great place.

I dont get down there to often - go most weekends down to Mandurah as my mum lives there.

We love the new train - rather do that than drive - we were only saying the last trip that we wished it went as far as Bunbury.

What do you do down in Bunbury John?
Old May 27th 2008, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Where are you from in Oz?
I'll send you a PM
Old May 27th 2008, 8:14 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Well I went to City College for 3 years and love Norwich and love Perth.

they do have a few similarities though, isolated from the rest of the country and lots of hill billies are 2 that spring to mind...
Old May 27th 2008, 8:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by renth View Post
Well I went to City College for 3 years and love Norwich and love Perth.

they do have a few similarities though, isolated from the rest of the country and lots of hill billies are 2 that spring to mind...
LOL aint that the truth
Old May 27th 2008, 8:18 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

LOL aint that the truth
you got a loit boooi?

I'll be back in Norwich in a few weeks time, got a few good friends there still.
Old May 27th 2008, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by renth View Post
you got a loit boooi?

I'll be back in Norwich in a few weeks time, got a few good friends there still.
When were you last in Norwich?
Old May 27th 2008, 8:20 am
Canary who flew the nest

NCFC is on a distinguished road

Hi John,

Yep it sure would be quieter than the inner areas of Norwich - Bunbury is a great place.

I dont get down there to often - go most weekends down to Mandurah as my mum lives there.

We love the new train - rather do that than drive - we were only saying the last trip that we wished it went as far as Bunbury.

What do you do down in Bunbury John?
I'm an electrician and my other half (Jenny) is a speech therapist. We actually live just outside Bunbury, in the sleepy town of Binningup. It's so quiet here it's fantastic, nothing happens here. No takeaways for us, so we feel healthier too!

Think the new bypass once finished should be a help to avoid the Mandurah traffic. Bit of a nightmare driving to Perth when we have to drive through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.